+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4945Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

CCL

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

You're right about Natalie Portman. Most of the ones I can think of (of recent starlets) who have started college never finished. Mary Kate and Ashley both dropped out. Claire Danes dropped out (she's not really a party girl though), Anne Hathaway left halfway through (again, not really a party girl). I think once you get used to Hollywood, be it the scene or the actual making of movies, it is hard to switch back to the academic world. Hollywood can be very attractive. But you can certainly not finish college and still be a credible role model, as Claire Danes and Anne Hathaway can attest to.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Reese Witherspoon (a little older than those girls) hasn't finished college yet. But she definitely has a quest to learn. Model Christy Turlington returned to college (I think NYU) after her catwalking days were over. For them, they're obviously not going to college because they need the degree to get a job...but they actually have a quest for knowledge. I think it's wonderful. Honestly, if I were rich and didn't have to work, I'd like to go back to college--not for another degree, but just to take all the classes I wanted to but didn't because I had to take all the other stuff to graduate.

I remember reading a quote from Kirsten Dunst about how she hated reading about all these actors/actresses her age who went to college--she thought they were being too precious. (And look how she turned out...cough...rehab...cough) I don't think they were trying to be precious--but rather they were trying to get a different perspective than what they knew in Hollywood. I commend them!

FORT Fogey

$1.08 million a year for security.
    More crazy from the judgment document:

The judge addresses the amount Mills claimed she spent on security in the 15 months since the separation, which was 349,862 pounds, by asking her to provide documentation for this amount. She told the judge she paid her security guards in cash "so Paul can't find out who they are", and that she was afraid if Paul saw the invoices he would leak details of the security arrangements for her and Beatrice. While she told the judge she would produce invoices, she never did. Judge: "I consider her reason for her unwillingness for the husband to see any invoices is a smokescreen to seek to try and explain away her failure to produce them. I reject completely the suggestion that the husband would in some way jeopardise the security of the wife and Beatrice."

Mills claimed her earning capacity is zero, and blames Paul for not allowing her to accept jobs during the marriage, that she has been trashed in the media and no one will hire her. The judge refers to testimony from Mills in July 2007 relating to where she will live: "I will never live abroad…I want Beatrice to be near her father…I have turned down huge amounts of work…This Dancing With the Stars was a one-off short thing…It had cleared my name."
    [Dancing With the Stars cleared her name??? ]

Judge: "Her evidence there that she had turned down huge amounts of work is quite inconsistent with her assertion that her earning capacity is zero." "She is entitled to feel she has been ridiculed, even vilified. To some extent she is her own worst enemy. She cannot have done herself any good...by her outbursts in her TV interviews in Oct. and Nov. 2007."

After the separation, Mills chose a 14-acre estate in June 2007 as her primary residence with Beatrice because it's 10 minutes from where Beatrice will go to school, 5 minutes from a train station, and has enough acreage to provide privacy and security. It has 7 bedrooms, a gym, a playroom, laundry, and a self-contained cottage for the staff. Paul provided 3 million pounds for the purchase. According to the judge, "the wife now says she feels like a prisoner there, as she put it, in the middle of nowhere" which is her reasoning for requesting over 8 million pounds from Paul to buy a London apartment. Judge: "I find that inconsistent with her having already spent on it 675,000 pounds [in refurbishments] and wanting another 400,000 pounds to put in a swimming pool." Paul didn't refuse to finance a London apartment, and offered information on apartments for less than 2 million pounds but the judge said: "The wife did not like them because they are not on a par with Cavendish" (Paul's property). But the judge decided 2.5 million was reasonable and if Mills wanted something more expensive she can sell another of her properties to raise the money.

Mills claimed she should have 30 paintings created by Paul that were placed in one of her properties because he gave them to her. Paul denied he gave her all 30 paintings, but did give her 2 of them. Judge: "The husband, I find, was generous towards the wife, but his generosity did not extend to giving her 30 valuable paintings"

For the 15 months of their separation, Mills submitted expenses of 3,715,683 pounds. The judge noted that when 1,003,313 pounds in legal and accountant fees, and 675,000 pounds in property refurbishment were deducted, "the wife has spent in the 15 months period 2,037,376 pounds on herself." Judge: I have no doubt that in the wife's mindset there was an element that she was going to spend (in the 15 month period) in order thereby to hope to prove that a budget in excess of 3 million/year...was justifiable." IOW, Mills went on a 15-month spending spree so that she could say she "needed" 3 million a year to live on.

Mills summarised her case for a 125 million pound settlement as: "I have based my claim on reasonable needs that I was accustomed to before and during the marriage."

Judge: "Although she strongly denied it her case boils down to the syndrome of "me too" or "if he has it, I want it too," and goes on to say it should have been plain that it would be "wholly unrealistic" for her to expect to go on living at the rate she perceived she had been living.

Paul had financed a house for Mills' mother (913,596 pounds) and a house for her sister (683,000 pounds), and gave those amounts to Mills to discharge the mortgages. So Paul bought her mother and sister very nice homes, in addition to the properties Heather acquired.

He also gave Heather on 2 occasions, cash gifts of 250,000 pounds (for a total of about $1 million).

For a marriage that lasted less than 4 years, it's clear Paul had been very generous towad both Heather and her family. What's really sad is Beatrice may pay the price for her mother's behavior. Mills is already a pariah in the UK and publication of the details of the judgment will only make things worse for her. Kids hear their parents talk and poor Beatrice could become the object of ridicule and teasing from the kids at school. But I'm sure Beatrice's psychiatrist bills will be promptly submitted to Paul for payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2854263;
    I remember reading a quote from Kirsten Dunst about how she hated reading about all these actors/actresses her age who went to college--she thought they were being too precious.
    Kirsten Dunst is an idiot.

Regarding Mills.... um, DWtS cleared her name?!? I didn't know a thing about Mills before she showed up on DWtS, so my first impressions of her were formed from that show, and my impression of her was that she was a sycophantic hypocritical moron. I'm so glad I got the good impression of her, then.

And I'm glad that judge seems to be nobody's fool. Too bad the Celebrity California court system doesn't have a few like him.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 03-19-2008 at 08:34 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

And I'm glad that judge seems to be nobody's fool.
    He seemed almost snarky in some of his comments about her claims, in an understated British way, of course

The amount he finally awarded, 48.6 million pounds, was actually very close to the amount Mills' attorneys said she would accept in their 2006 offer (50 million pounds). If she fired her attorneys because they wouldn't pursue the even bigger settlement (125 million) claim she presented to the court on her own, the judge's decision sent a clear message that she should have quit while she was ahead.

LG.

I hope that Paul McCartney and Beatrice can move on with life now, even though Bea has to live with this spiteful gold-digger until she's grown. After having read parts of the judge's order, there is no doubt in my mind that Mills is just as horrid as the papers portray, wanting everything, everything, everything. Poor Paul and Bea.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

Heh. So much for Mills "clearing her name" with the DWTS appearance. As reported in this story, she did not give what she was paid to an animal rights group, as she repeatedly claimed she would, but kept half for herself.

FOXNews.com - Heather Mills Kept Half Her 'Dancing' Fees - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

She told countless interviewers — in clips all over the Internet — that she was donating her "Dancing" fee, leaving the impression that it was all of it, not just some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2857617;
    Heh. So much for Mills "clearing her name" with the DWTS appearance. As reported in this story, she did not give what she was paid to an animal rights group, as she repeatedly claimed she would, but kept half for herself.
    Yeah, I was reading about that in another online news site earlier today and was laughing about it. Perhaps she felt she didn't need to donate it all as she claimed she would because Tom Bergeron stopped her from reading that entire written speach she pulled out of her bra and started to read during her DWtS elimination episode.

Yeahhhh, that must be the reason. Lying wench.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

It will only be a matter of time before Heather sets her sights on some other poor (or I mean, rich) sap. But Paul should be ashamed of himself for not getting a prenup. I doubt he'll marry again but if he does I'm sure he knows better now.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I doubt Heather will marry again. Who would want her after all of this negative publicity?

+ Reply to Thread