+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The amazing thing is she is crazy as she comes, but she's still getting a hefty check. Me, I would have given her nothing except child support.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2851963;
    The amazing thing is she is crazy as she comes, but she's still getting a hefty check. Me, I would have given her nothing except child support.
    Yeah, crazy is a profitable profession these days.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

What one person needs seven freaking homes????? With full time staff?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2852377;
    What one person needs seven freaking homes????? With full time staff?
    Good question, Broadway.

Although, with her, I could understand it if the full time staff in 7 homes were all psychiatrists.... THAT I could understand.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Did any of you read Pattie Boyd's autobiography? She was married to George Harrison and then Eric Clapton. Her divorces were way before these type of divorce settlements. And frankly, she deserved way more than Heather Mills got. I think Pattie probably should've fought a little harder to get a more equitable settlement...but I prefer her method to Heather's moneygrubbing tactics. Heather did NOTHING to add to Paul's wealth (or happiness it seems). I really don't understand how people feel entitled to what's clearly not theirs. The money he first offered her was more than she ever would've earned on her own... Invested wisely, it would've been more than enough to keep her AND Beatrice comfortable--and that's without the child support Paul obviously always intended on paying. The charitable contribution part really makes me sick. Unfortunately, too many celebrities who donate their time to charities also insist on being flown first class and put up in 5 star hotels...

Now...when wealthy men cheat on and then divorce their wives after 20 or 30 years of marriage so they can replace them with a 20-year-old...well, then that's a different story...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Nice segue, Lois.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2852769;
    Nice segue, Lois.
    Oh, you noticed, did you?

It seems that there are a lot of young "celebrities" who are intelligent and gon on to graduate from college. Why aren't the young kids emulating them?

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2853472;
    It seems that there are a lot of young "celebrities" who are intelligent and gon on to graduate from college. Why aren't the young kids emulating them?
    Maybe before they enter Hollywood. But which ones start off as child/young actors and then go on to graduate from college (nowadays, I mean; I know in previous generations this happened, like with Brooke Shields and Jodie Foster)? It's like once you enter the world of Hollywood it is hard to extricate yourself and return to the world of school. (Not that graduating from college necessarily means you are intelligent and a good role model. You can be either (or both) without a degree).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2853552;
    Maybe before they enter Hollywood. But which ones start off as child/young actors and then go on to graduate from college (nowadays, I mean; I know in previous generations this happened, like with Brooke Shields and Jodie Foster)? It's like once you enter the world of Hollywood it is hard to extricate yourself and return to the world of school. (Not that graduating from college necessarily means you are intelligent and a good role model. You can be either (or both) without a degree).
    Natalie Portman has a degree from Harvard. I think it's more common though for child/teenage tv actors to take a break from acting and attend college. I think the original Becky from Roseanne and Jonathan Taylor Thomas from Home Improvement left their shows to attend college but I don't know if they finished. I believe Kimberly McCullough from General Hospital left her show initially to attend college too.

We don't hear too often these days about young movie actors taking that path. I guess the ones who go are the ones who don't see the roles coming in as often. I don't know that I've read of any who have gone to college though who are in the media for acting like a self-entitled moron like some of these airheads. Unless you want to count Ashley and Mary-Kate who went to college and are known party girls. I don't know if either of them have graduated.

+ Reply to Thread