+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I just can't believe Billy Crystal is 60! I feel like I've grown up watching him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Congratulations to Halle Berry & her new daughter

Congratulations and the very best wishes to Halle Berry today. She gave birth to a daughter today, and all reports are that mother and child are doing well.

Actress Halle Berry gives birth to baby girl

NEW YORK (AP) -- Halle Berry doesn't just play a mom in movies anymore.

Actress Halle Berry delivered a baby girl Sunday. It is her first child.

The 41-year-old actress had a baby girl Sunday, and "is doing great," her publicist Meredith O'Sullivan told People.com, the Web site of People magazine. It is her first child.

The father is 32-year-old model Gabriel Aubry. The two met while shooting a Versace ad in Los Angeles two years ago.

Berry told Oprah Winfrey on her show last year that playing a mother in her latest movie, "Things We Lost in the Fire," helped convince her that motherhood was for her.

"I think it validated that I was meant to be a mother because every day I dealt with the character as a mother and thinking as a mother," Berry said. "It let me know that I must be a mother."

Berry won the best-actress Oscar for 2001's "Monster's Ball." She also won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for 1999's "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge."

Berry had said she and Aubry don't plan to marry, but feel fully committed to each other.
    I totally love Halle Berry and knowing how much she wanted a child, I'm very happy for her! Can't wait to hear what she names the daughter.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Re: Congratulations to Halle Berry & her new daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2847481;
    Congratulations and the very best wishes to Halle Berry today. She gave birth to a daughter today, and all reports are that mother and child are doing well.

I totally love Halle Berry and knowing how much she wanted a child, I'm very happy for her! Can't wait to hear what she names the daughter.
    Hopefully she veers closer to the school of thought of using actual normal names as opposed to what many of her acting buddies do to THEIR kids.

If she uses a fruit, or names the kid some name that was last popular in the 1920s, or some crap like that...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Talk about a child with great genes. Both Halle and Gabriel are gorgeous.

No doubt. She won the gene pool lottery, didn't she.

Congrats to Halle and Gabriel.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Not to wish anything bad on the baby - but remember Rumor Willis.... Who would have thought Demi and Bruce could make such funky looking kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2847884;
    Not to wish anything bad on the baby - but remember Rumor Willis.... Who would have thought Demi and Bruce could make such funky looking kids?
    Ain't that the truth?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Heather Mills 'So Happy' with $50M Divorce Settlement - Crime & Courts, Paul McCartney, Content Item : People.com

Speaking on the steps of the High Court in London Monday, Heather Mills declared herself "so, so happy" with her nearly $50 million divorce settlement from Paul McCartney.

The 40-year-old ex-wife of the former Beatle said she was "just glad it was over," referring to the long-running and often acrimonious split.

McCartney, 65, upon exiting the court in an indifferent mood, merely said to waiting reporters, "All will be revealed."

Mills explained: "I am standing here because Paul is insistent on the whole judgment being put out. I've said that if the whole judgment goes out then all the transcripts have to go out because it's going to be written in a way that they will try and make it that I wasn't successful."

The summary states that the judge decided McCartney should pay Mills a lump sum of around $33 million, which together with existing assets of around $15 million means she will gain a divorce totaling nearly $50 million. The judge deemed that she had overspent during nearly two years of separation by $1 million.

McCartney, who has long been estimated to be worth $1.7 billion, was found by the judge to only have assets of half that figure.

The couple, who were married for just under four years, were not allowed to raise the issue of alleged misconduct, since the judge considered such details irrelevant.

Provisions for Beatrice
    The judge calculated Mill's annual income needs at about $1.2 million and included a sum of $5 million for her to buy a property in London.

A provision for daughter Beatrice consisting of periodical $70,000 payments was included, and McCartney has agreed to pay for her nanny and school fees. Of the provision, Mills said, "Beatrice only gets $70,000 a year so she is obviously meant to travel B class while her father travels A class. But obviously I will pay for that."

The court has imposed a blanket order preventing disclosure of details revealed during the court case and in documents tendered to the court.
    CYA

CCL

I don't know. The kids look exactly like Bruce, except they are girls.

As for Heather Mills, I'd be happy with 50 million, too. C'mon, Paul, are you looking for another wife?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Bruce is UGLY and unfortunately the girls all got his looks, rather than their beautiful mom's. Still, considering what he looks like, I think Rumer and her sisters turned out OK.

Heather's comments about Beatrice having to fly coach and it being "sad." Oh please. Sad is not having enough money to feed a child. $70,000/year should be plenty of money to take care of a small child. Plenty of people take care of their entire families with salaries less than that. She's also got her settlement money--I won't cry if she has to kick in some of her share to upgrade Beatrice to first class...

I hope Paul has learned that it's stupid not to get a prenup when you have that kind of money at stake!

+ Reply to Thread