Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2833320;
    Beyonce as Etta James? Kill me now.
    Me too.

Etta James deserves better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Personally, I'm willing to withhold my judgement on Beyonce until the film comes out. You just never know how these things might turn out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2833098;
    I imagine Michelle Williams will get work again. Despite being an Academy Award nominee, she isn't really a "blue chip" actress though, so she'll certainly need that assistance for a while.
    Michelle can take care of herself...but...she also is Matilda's mother and the family's link to their grandchild/niece, so it would behoove them to treat both of them well. I've never heard of what kind of financial arrangement she and Heath had for Matilda's care, but my guess is that he was quite generous to both of them while he was alive. I would think his parents and sister would take care of Matilda--will or no will, and regardless of whether there was public outcry or not. It's the right thing to do.

It amazes me at how many rich people don't have their wills updated. It doesn't take very long and it isn't very expensive. Celebrities can have their lawyer change it to whatever they want and just show up to sign it. And they can even pay for the lawyer and his entourage to show up at their home with the will. The lawyer's office will even provide the witnesses needed.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2834468;
    Personally, I'm willing to withhold my judgement on Beyonce until the film comes out. You just never know how these things might turn out.
    Personally, I base my judgement on the other roles she's played, poorly in my opinion.

Beyonce is good as a singer but not as an actress as far as her movies is concern

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I think she's a cute actress. Maybe she needs to live a little bit to get experience in order to act a little better.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All I'm saying is that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2834555;
    That's as good an explanation as any as to how Diana Ross managed to be nominated for an Oscar. Then again, its worth noting that her acting career pretty much fell into disarray after that.

We all know that Beyonce has always wanted to be Diana. The question is whether or not she wants to go the whole nine yards and have no acting career after winning that Oscar. (well, Diana didn't actually win, but the point remains...)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2834555;
    I think that about sums it up for Beyonce and her acting "skills". Anyone remember Austin Power's Goldmember? Nuff said

I really don't know if this belongs here or in sports, but I was thrilled to learn that Billy Crystal has signed a one-day deal with the NY Yankees and will play in an exhibition game again the Pittsburgh pirates on Thursday. I love Billy Crystal as a person and as an entertainer.

He must be thrilled. Like me, he is a lifelong Yankees fan. He was also a talented high school baseball player in his youth and I just wish I could see the game. Here's the story. wcbstv.com - Billy Crystal To Suit Up For Yankees

Enjoy your moment, Billy!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread