+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Conaway off Celebrity Rehab... and into Scientology?

Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Jeff Conaway Trades Pills for Scientology

Viewers who watched Jeff Conaway's bitch-and-hobble routine on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew saw how the good doctor transformed him from a howling mad trainwreck to someone with a least a bit of hope.

So why the hell is Conaway on Inside Edition tonight crediting not Dr. Drew Pinsky but his leather-clad Greaser buddy John Travolta and Scientology for his sobriety?

"John and I stayed friends but he couldn't watch me going down the tubes ... he gave me a whole library of Scientology books and he's given me an auditor who comes almost every day." A babysitter! Top that, Dr. Drew! (We assume the main task of the auditor—a Scientology term for a spiritual advisor—is to keep Jeff's main enabler Vicki occupied so she doesn't feed Jeff handfuls of Norco.)

Or maybe Travolta's dangling a role in Battlefield Earth 2. "I'm going to be strong and healthy and totally together," Conaway tells Inside Edition tonight. "I've got to get ready for my Academy Award."
    Now this is one of those situations Scientology is sure to milk as much as possible to "prove" how psychiatry sucks and their "methods" are better. Except of course the groundwork was laid by the show and the Big S just flew in last minute and scooped up the remains--something they won't dare admit.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2830956;
    According to People.com Heath Ledger's will has been revealed. Heath Ledger's Will Revealed : People.com

Sadly, he never revised it upon Matilda's birth, and there is no provision for her or her mother. So sad. Given that his family seems so close to Michelle, I am sure they will make sure Matilda is provided for - but the reality is they just don't have to. Just another reminder for everyone to have their business in order because you just never know.

They will be taken care of......I really believe that they are good people and see Matilda as their link to Heath. They would not want her or Michelle to feel completely abandoned.

Heath Ledger's Dad: Michelle & Matilda Rose 'Will Be Taken Care Of' - Heath Ledger : People.com

Heath Ledger's Dad: Michelle & Matilda Rose 'Will Be Taken Care Of'
    By Julie Jordan

Originally posted Saturday March 08, 2008 06:20 PM EST
    Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger's family moved quickly to speak out Saturday after details of the late actor's will were released showing he had not updated it since his relationship with Michelle Williams and the 2005 birth of their daughter Matilda Rose.

"Matilda is our absolute priority and Michelle is an integral part of our family," Heath's father Kim Ledger says in a statement. "They will be taken care of and that's how Heath would want it to be."

Ledger's will filed in Australia in April 2003, before Williams and before his Oscar nomination for Brokeback Mountain left everything he owned to his parents and sister, New York's Daily News reported Saturday. A series of documents filed in Manhattan Surrogate's Court revealed that the actor had less than $145,000 in New York assets at the time, including a $25,000 Toyota Prius and $20,000 in furniture and fixtures.

Ledger's rep quickly squashed any speculation that Williams and 2-year-old Matilda would not be provided for. "The story is getting taken out of context and media is speculating that this means Matilda and Michelle will not be taken care of. I want to make it very clear nothing could be farther from the truth."

It's not shocking he didn't change his will. A lot of people, even drug addicts, tend to think they'll live forever and will eventually get around to it.

What's shocking is how little money an Academy Award winner like him had. Where's the Batman money, for example? There are some disturbing possibilities here.

I imagine Michelle Williams will get work again. Despite being an Academy Award nominee, she isn't really a "blue chip" actress though, so she'll certainly need that assistance for a while.

An interesting side story to this whole Heath Ledger thing appears to be about Ledger/Williams co-star/pal Jake Gyllenhaal. There's a weird parallel between Gyllenhaal and Williams--both of them were in Brokeback (Gyllenhaal is even little Matilda's godfather), and both broke up long time time relationships over hard partying from their partners (Gyllenhaal broke up from a long time relationship with Kirsten Dunst, one of the more recent "Rehab bunnies", but who had apparently been heading in that direction for years).

They have only released the HL financial figures for here in the USA. Speculation is that most of his assets are in Australia, wouldn't surprise me if he had his income sent directly to a bank there (hopefully).

from Just Jared:

Beyonce will play Etta James for the movie Cadillac Records along with Adrien Brody

Beyonce as Etta James? Kill me now.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2833320;
    Beyonce as Etta James? Kill me now.
    I wasn't going to comment on this, but your response made me laugh because it said exactly what I was thinking. I just don't see Beyonce as Etta James. Sorry, but it just doesn't compute for me. Oh well, another movie I won't be seeing...

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2833459;
    I wasn't going to comment on this, but your response made me laugh because it said exactly what I was thinking. I just don't see Beyonce as Etta James. Sorry, but it just doesn't compute for me. Oh well, another movie I won't be seeing...
    To be fair, people said the same thing about Diana Ross as Billie Holiday.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

she's just doing this for an Oscar. But she's really just showing that she has no range.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2834159;
    To be fair, people said the same thing about Diana Ross as Billie Holiday.
    I like Diana Ross way less than I like Beyonce. And I don't really dislike Beyonce. Just not as Etta James. (I really don't like Diana Ross...).

+ Reply to Thread