+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I am so sorry for your loss, KeepItReal.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

My heart goes out to you, KeepItReal.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2827432;
    I've always disagreed with doctors putting as estimated time of demise on people's prognoses. Don't they get that people and their loved ones, basically, keep looking at a calendar expecting the bomb to explode exactly when the docs have predicted? If you tell them, "Momma has 6 weeks," they are counting the days....and so many people are like that. Very uncool.
    i agree with you, for someone to foretell your time of death is such a gross act IMO

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I don't think I would mind a timeframe, but I wouldn't want to know an exact time. I loved Patrick first in North & South, then Dirty Dancing, then Ghost, and the SNL skit w/Chris Farley. I just thought he was the neatest guy.

Cancer is bad enough. But this is like the H-Bomb of cancer diagnoses. It sounds like you don't even get time to really get your affairs in line, muchless wrap your head around it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Speaking from the experience of my dad..he was diagnosed December 26, 1995 and died February 24, 1996...he was 51 years old...never been sick (except for ulcers...which we wonder now if that could have been the beginning of the cancer but was misdiagnosed) and a few weeks before Christmas wasn't feeling too good and was scheduled to go in after Christmas to have tests run to see what the problem may be...imagine going in for tests and coming out and told you only have a few months to live...

I love and miss my daddy more than anything but if I had a choice of having him back and him being in the condition he was when he was sick...as bad as I hate to say it, I wouldn't want him back. He was in terrible pain, couldn't eat, couldn't keep anything down and was constantly throwing up nothing but acid from his stomach. Not the way I want my normally healthy active dad to be....

He flew to MD Anderson in Houston and they basically told him that there wasn't anything they could do for him...they could do some treatment for him but it would only prolong his life by months and the quality of life would not be good.

Michael Landon died of pancreatic cancer as did Luciano Pavorotti, Joan Crawford and Jack Benny...Link to article....its a quick disease but it is not a easy disease to die from...the quickness of it may be a blessing for the one who is dying from it but it is difficult for the ones left behind.

My thoughts and prayers to Patrick and his family...I don't envy the road they are traveling........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2829457;
    ... the SNL skit w/Chris Farley...
    omg, that was hilarious, wasn't it??? still one of my all-time favs!

and how about the 'ghost' spoof???

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2824698;
    WOW! I haven't seen that about Patrick on any of the other showbiz sites! My dad died of that...a cruel (and quick) disease!
    Bbnbama so sorry for your loss. My stepdad died of pancreatic cancer as well. They gave him a year but he ended up living for 26 months after diagnosis. I know how cruel the disease is, and how it impacts a family. My heart goes out to Patrick Swayze and his family. It's just truly a horrible disease.

I wanted to add though that my Dad didn't really have much pain at the end. His tumor began to bleed and then they managed to get it under control so he went into hospice with the expectation of living 3 days to a week. He lived another month, during which time he ordered winter tires for my Mom's car, caught up with old friends and family, had visits from business acquaintances and so many, many friends, and, the day before he died, celebrated my daughters' 6th birthday with cupcakes. We treasure the video of that afternoon, as later that night the tumor began to bleed again and there was no stopping it. I am so thankful that my Dad had a "relatively" easy time at the end. I know how hard it can be, and how deadly this disease is. It's true, the stats for PC are very grim. That said, though, my stepdad outlived his diagnosis by over a year. We're so thankful for that, as many memories were made.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 03-08-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's stories/experiences like yours that make us realize what we probably should be doing everyday, but we don't. We shouldn't wait until a tragedy to make special memories, but we frequently do. I've been through it, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

According to People.com Heath Ledger's will has been revealed. Heath Ledger's Will Revealed : People.com

Sadly, he never revised it upon Matilda's birth, and there is no provision for her or her mother. So sad. Given that his family seems so close to Michelle, I am sure they will make sure Matilda is provided for - but the reality is they just don't have to. Just another reminder for everyone to have their business in order because you just never know.

+ Reply to Thread