+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 1093 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041811315311031 ... LastLast
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    Mariska Hargitay is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield?? Wow! I never would have guessed that one. That's sort of like hearing that Mae West was Jodie Foster's mother. Hard to imagine.
    I'm surprised that there are some who didn't know of this mother-daughter combo, but Jayne Mansfield marketed herself during the time of the big blondes such as Marilyn Monroe, Mamie Van Doren, Monique Van Vooren, etc., to achieve what she wanted.

Mansfield had an I.Q. of 163 and was known as a savvy businesswoman and a much better actress than her roles would ever show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

this is just getting weirder and weirder.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060928/...e_smith_son_36

Pathologist: Drug combo killed Smith son By MICHAEL MELIA, Associated Press Writer
    1 hour, 24 minutes ago

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son died from a lethal combination of methadone and two antidepressant drugs, a U.S.-based pathologist who conducted a private autopsy said Wednesday.

Toxicology tests showed Daniel Smith had methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro in his system when he died Sept. 10 in a hospital room in the Bahamas where his former Playboy playmate mother was recuperating from giving birth to a daughter, according to Cyril Wecht.

"The fact that we have these drugs and the levels of the drugs overwhelmingly and most logically point to this being a tragic, accidental, drug-related death," Wecht told The Associated Press from his home in the Pittsburgh area.

Wecht, who performed the autopsy in the Bahamas, said Smith apparently died from a "classical" combination of the drugs which had a lethal "cumulative effect on the central nervous system."

"Coroners working around the country, we see this in people taking two or three drugs or more," he said. The low levels of each drug suggest he did not die from an overdose, he added.

Smith had been reported to be suffering from depression in the weeks before he went to the Bahamas to visit his reality TV star mom and his newborn half-sister. Zoloft and Lexapro are antidepressants commonly prescribed for patients with anxiety and panic disorders.

Methadone, a pain-reliever, is also commonly used by people recovering from drug addictions.

"It is used for people who have been on heroin or morphine," Wecht said. "I have made those inquiries. I can only say to you no one has suggested anything having to do with drug addiction in this boy."

Lisa Johnson, a pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles who is not connected with the case, agreed that the combination of the three drugs could be lethal.

"If that's what he was on, it could very well have caused this," she told the AP. "The methadone will slow you down, but the other ones make your system speed up, so it's an odd combination."

Wecht said he would share his results Thursday with the pathologist who conducted the official autopsy in the Bahamas, but did not know whether they would issue a joint report on the death.

In Nassau, Chief Magistrate Roger Gomez said he has not yet received official toxicology results, which will determine whether or not a jury inquest into the death is necessary.

Smith's body remained at a Bahamas funeral home hired by the family Wednesday.

Howard K. Stern, a lawyer for Anna Nicole Smith who was in the hospital room when Daniel died, told CNN's "Larry King Live" on Tuesday that he is the father of the 3-week-old baby girl, Dannie Lynn Hope.

But photographer Larry Birkhead, a former boyfriend of Anna Nicole Smith, told Us Weekly magazine that he's the father and is seeking a DNA test to prove it.

Stern said he plans to marry Smith "at some point."

"Right now we have to somehow get through what we're going through," said Stern, adding: "And I'll tell you, our baby is the one ray of hope."

Daniel Smith, who appeared several times on the E! reality series "The Anna Nicole Show," was the son of Anna Nicole and Bill Smith, who married in 1985 and divorced two years later.

Anna Nicole married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year and she has since been involved in legal disputes over the estate.
    --
    Associated Press writer Jessica Robertson in Nassau, Bahamas, contributed to this report.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    All I had to see was methadone and that really explains it all. People have died from even legally prescribed, "safe" amounts of this drug, which insurance companies have promoted to doctors because it's a really cheap painkiller.

In a side note, I find it really interesting that Howard (Anna's lawyer and friend) is now saying that he's the father of the baby. Sounds to me more like a ploy to shut out Larry Birkhead.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

At least Anna N.S. has an answer. But I would think that a responsible doctor would not knowingly prescribe the three drugs together and that one doctor should know what another doctor may have prescribed as well. Particularly if it's a lethal combination. Poor Daniel. Probably didn't know what hit him.

As for who the father is.... show me the DNA!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Not that Star Magazine is all THAT reliable, but they are now reporting that Anna Nicole married Howard K. Stern. I'm getting this creepy feeling we'll be seeing this story "ripped from the headlines" and recylced on a cop procedural sooner or later, with some twist about spousal privilege or something.

Here's part of the artilce:

Anna Nicole Smith married her long-time attorney and close confidante, Howard K. Stern, this morning just shortly before 10:30 am in Nassau, Bahamas. The wedding occurred only 18 days after the death of Anna's son Daniel, 20, from an accidental drug overdose in her Nassau hospital room on September 10.

In a world-exclusive report, an eyewitness tells Star that Anna, 38, and Howard, 37, tied the knot shortly before 10:30 am on the morning of September 28, while sailing on a white catamaran off of Nassau!

"There was heavy security around the yacht, plus extra speedboats to deliver more supplies as needed (including unlimited Dom Perignon champagne) from the mainland to the catamaran," says the eyewitness, who adds that the wedding party celebrated the union afterwards by having a swim party around the yacht "and Anna was wearing a pink bikini! Later on, she changed into a colorful, one-piece suit with a wrap around her waist."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well I could see if she married him but them having a swim party and being all happy and giddy I don't exactly see since Daniel's death is still so recent.

I have always liked Anna Nicole and I have felt extremely heartbroken for her since her son's death. I, too am a single mom and I know what its like only being you and your child and I can't even begin to fathom what it was like for her to lose Daniel. Even Howard K. Stern on the Larry King show the other night looked so lost and battered.........its such a sad situation all around.

I wish Anna Nicole much needed privacy in order to mourn Daniel........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

egads.

The NY Post is reporting that they only exchanged vows before God... that the marriage isn't legally binding and there was no marriage license.

That whole situation is just too bizarre. Daddy #1 sends a few bricks shy of a load, daddy #2 is just stranger than anything I can imagine. And I read somewhere that ANS is his ONLY client. What's that all about? Does she have enough legal business to support a full time, live in lawyer?

I know that men can be forced to undergo a paternity test, but can the man also insist on one? Daddy #1 wants the test done.
    And now, after reading Broadway's link, I see that yet another of her lawyers made the announcement of the marriage. This is like a bad soap opera.
    Last edited by Muduh; 09-29-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm with Chorita KaBoom...this strikes me as being about trying to keep that baby away from Larry Birkhead. This picture is toooo messed up. When Howard K. Stern was interviewed about the baby, and was asked about DNA tests, I recall him sidestepping the question entirely. He never came anywhere near answering the question!

I also question why Larry Birkhead wasn't in the Bahamas raising hell about paternity tests, if he's so sure that Dannilynn is his child, and he really wants this baby.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.
    it depends upon the state family laws, but generally a man who believes himself to be the father of a child can file a court action for paternity in which a DNA test is compelled so he can prove he is the father, and then he can file an action for visitation or custody if the parents aren't dealing with each other outside of court. It's rare, but I know a dad who did this when his ex-girlfriend disappeared with his baby. He knew it meant he'd be paying child support, but did get visitation with his daughter so they had a relationship.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread