+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I was so hoping the story was wrong. The one time the gossip rags get it right.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2825228;
    I don't see anything about him having children, myrosiedog. He's been married since 1975 but none of the sites I've checked list him as having children. Apparently his publicist has now confirmed his condition to the New York Post's Page Six.
    He and his wife Lisa do not have any children. I am so saddened by this. I loved him in Ghost and Dirty Dancing. I will be praying for him and his family!

I keep hearing about Patrick Swayze on the radio. I'm still in denial.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

People is saying the time frame diagnosis is not true....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Speaking from experience-my dad died less than 2 months after diagnosis...it can be very quick.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2825310;
    People is saying the time frame diagnosis is not true....
    Yes, you're right, People has posted a more optimistic story:

Patrick Swayze, who starred in Dirty Dancing and Ghost, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, his doctor says.

"Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far," Dr. George Fisher says in a statement. "All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic."

The actor's rep adds: "Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

Swayze, 55, started his career as a dancer before turning to acting. His breakout role was as a Catskills dance instructor opposite Jennifer Grey in 1987's sleeper hit Dirty Dancing. He also starred opposite Demi Moore in the 1990 blockbuster Ghost.

On Broadway in the '70s he played the lead role of Danny Zucco in Grease he returned to the New York stage in December 2003, for a brief stint in the revival of Chicago before making his movie debut in 1979's Skatetown, U.S.A. Among his other screen roles were 2001's Donnie Darko and 1995's To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar, which he played in fabulous drag.

And while Swayze has been happily married to the same woman, Lisa Niemi, since 1975, only last month Scarlett Johansson said quite seriously during her Hasty Pudding roast at Harvard that the man to whom she'd most like to be linked with romantically is, "Probably Patrick Swayze. My dream come true."

Swayze's diagnosis was initially reported by the National Enquirer and New York Post, which both characterized the cancer as more severe than Swayze's doctor has.

Each year about 33,000 individuals in the United States are diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas (a large organ that lies horizontally behind the lower part of one's stomach), according to the Mayo Clinic.

Calling the condition "one of the most serious of cancers," the facility's Web site also states, "Pancreatic cancer spreads rapidly and is seldom detected in its early stages, which is a major reason why it's a leading cause of cancer death."
    Patrick Swayze Diagnosed with Cancer : People.com

I was coming to post that as well. I like the more optimistic story.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I am still in shock about this. I love Patrick in almost everything he's done from "Dirty Dancing" to "Donnie Darko". And oh how I loved him in "Too Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything Julie Newmar".

Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst forms to be diagnosed with too. My heart goes out to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2825294;
    I'm still in denial.
    Me too misskitty...
    I love his movies, but I think I loved his song "She's Like The Wind" more than any movie he ever did! That song still makes me melt and it was released right around the birth of my daughter.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My thoughts go out to him.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread