+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5244Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2824698;
    WOW! I haven't seen that about Patrick on any of the other showbiz sites! My dad died of that...a cruel (and quick) disease!
    I know! I'm totally stunned too. I heard it on the radio this morning, googled it & found that one story. Now, there are several sites reporting it. Totally unbelievable!

I'm so sorry about your dad bbnbama

Anna Nicole's Daughter To Inherit Estate, Judge Rules Dannielynn Is Sole Heir, Sets Up Trust In Her Name - The ShowBuzz

Anna Nicole's Daughter To Inherit Estate

LOS ANGELES, March 4, 2008

(AP) A Los Angeles judge has not only made 18-month-old Dannielynn Hope the sole heir of Anna Nicole Smith's estate, but also set up a trust in the girl's name.

Her father, Larry Birkhead, and Smith's executor, Howard K. Stern, will be co-trustees.

Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff granted a petition filed by Stern, who wanted to clarify Smith's intentions toward her daughter. Smith drafted a will in 2001 - five years before the child was born - that left her estate to her then only child, Daniel. However, it said the assets in Daniel's trust should be shared equally if she had future children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CYA

However, it said the assets in Daniel's trust should be shared equally if she had future children.
    To the extent that the article implies the will said this it didn't. It actually specifically disinherited future children but made no provision for what was to happen if Daniel predeceased Anna Nicole. In other words, the will was a piece of crap. I'm glad to see that the judge did the right thing.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

LG.

interesting stuff, Mariner. How ironic that Anna Nicole who went all the way to the US Supreme Court fighting about her inheritance under J Howard Marshall's will would then be such a moron to enter into a crappy will and not look out for her own daughter. Of course Anna Nicole wasn't exactly a picture of responsible motherhood.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

- I just saw the headline about Patrick Swayze. He's such a wonderful actor, dancer, husband. He, and his entire family, must be in complete shock. How incredibly sad. Maybe they should go to Germany like Farrah did for laser treatments?

- I'm so very sorry bbnbama to hear that your father died of the same disease.

- I'm glad that Dannielynn will get the estate. At least a decision was made and it didn't go to Anna's mother or Howard Stern.

- It's great that Valerie Bertinelli isn't hiding secrets anymore. She was obviously very unhappy and stayed in the marriage a whole lot longer than I would have. I'm glad she's lost weight, is happier, and moving on with her life.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2824668;
    Patrick Swayze diagnosed with pancreatic cancer; has five weeks to live | Showbiz Gossip, Showbiz News, Entertainment News - Showbiz Spy

Patrick Swayze diagnosed with pancreatic cancer; has five weeks to live
    By Owen Williams, Mar 05 2008

Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live, according to a shocking new report from the US.

The actor, 55, was reportedly diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs.

For the past month, the actor and dancer has been traveling to Stanford University’s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful, according to the National Enquirer.

Patrick and wife Lisa Niemi — who are both qualified pilots — have been flying their private Beechcraft plane into Palo Alto’s airport, minutes away from the Stanford Cancer Center, where Swayze — who has starred in films such as, Road House, Father Hood & Donnie Darko, has received outpatient treatment.

Swayze — who has previosuly attended a clinic to overcome alcoholism after his sister Vicky died from an overdose of painkillers in 1994 — received three doses of chemotherapy and the tumor shrank, but less than his doctors had hoped for — and Patrick was told he should prepare for the end.

“He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding. In short - they held out little hope for a cure,” said an insider.

The man who danced into the hearts of audiences worldwide in his breakthrough role as the dance instructor in the 1987 film Dirty Dancing, and then broke them in the poignant love story Ghost in the early ’90s, has reportedly lost more than 20 pounds in the past few weeks and is restricted to a liquid diet because he has trouble keeping down solid food, the insider told the Enquirer.

“It’s time to start praying for a miracle.”

Wow. Praying coming from this house, that's for sure.

Sorry about your father, Bama.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

OMG! I am so shocked. I love Patrick Swayze. So many great movies. What a shame and what a hard thing for him and his family at this time.

I was just watching a show about Hawaii and one of the surfers quoted a line of his from Point Break. Love that movie. Have loved most of his movies. Roadhouse is probably my favorite of his. Very sad.
    Does he have kids?

Bbnbama, I'm sorry your dad went through this.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-05-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

A complete shocker about Patrick Swayze. My prayers are with him and his family.

I'm very sorry for your personal experience with this disease, BBnbama. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

CCL

I don't see anything about him having children, myrosiedog. He's been married since 1975 but none of the sites I've checked list him as having children. Apparently his publicist has now confirmed his condition to the New York Post's Page Six.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

A spokesperson for Patrick Swayze has confirmed the reports now.

abc7chicago.com: Rep says Patrick Swayze has terminal cancer 3/05/08

By Bob Monek

PHILADELPHIA -- A spokesperson for Patrick Swayze confirmed reports that the actor has terminal cancer, according to the New York Post.

The story was first reported by the National Enquirer, and quickly spread to other gossip sites.
    For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy of pancreatic cancer, but his doctors no longer are optimistic that the treatments will be successful, the Enquirer reported.

The report said the cancer has spread to other organs and he has five weeks left to live.
    Swayze's representative later confirmed those reports to the New York Post website, pagesix.com.
    The 55-year-old star's publicist told the Post that he was diagnosed a month ago.
    Sufferers of pancreatic cancer typically have a survival rate of less than 5 percent.
    Swayze shot to fame starring as bad boy Johnny Castle in the hit 1987 movie Dirty Dancing. He also starred in Ghost and Point Break.
    He recently wrapped filming on the A&E TV movie The Beast, in which he plays an FBI agent.

+ Reply to Thread