+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5261Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2808151;
    I can think of at least two other activities he might have been doing in that restroom for so long. Only one of them is illegal.
    EEEWWWWW!

I worked for an airlines for 8 yrs and saw LOTS of 15 minute types and better! One time Sarah Fergeson was on our flight. She and her people took all 12 seats in 1st class. When she pre boarded, she very sweetly and VERY unassuming introduced herself to everyone, "Hello, my name is Sarah. So very nice to meet you."

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2808151;
    I can think of at least two other activities he might have been doing in that restroom for so long. Only one of them is illegal.

Right... and he went in alone... :nono I missed him on his return from the bathroom - sooo wanted to see if his "allergies" might have been acting up... Planes and sinuses.....

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2808117;
    I have a recent celebrity story - although not too entertaining. My husband and I were flying out of Vegas this last Monday (President's Day), and while at a diner at the airport my husband spotted Dave Navarro. No one was recognizing him and he was rather inconspicuous while eating his dinner and we didn't want to draw attention to him, so we let it go (no picture on cameraphone, etc). As it turns out, he was on our flight. About halfway thru the flight - he got up and went into the restroom, and let me just tell you - he was in there a looooong time. Hmmmm.... So as we land in Long Beach, he is walking thru the airport to baggage claim at the same time as my husband so my husband held up his camera phone for a pic. (Mind you, NO ONE has noticed him yet!!) Dave became rather irritated and blocked the shot. He then stood at baggage check for a good 15 minutes with NO ONE recognizing him. Don't know what the big flippin deal would have been about a picture - apparently he needs the exposure...

BTW - he is an extremely small man... and someone needs to explain to him that the "no smoking" rule in planes applies to EVERYONE...
    That kind of sums it all up!! He IS a small man....kind of reminds me of a human cartoon! ewwwwww!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I've read in several places that Navarro is 5'9". In what reality? I might give him 5'7", but even that is questionable.

I would have to say closer to 5'7"...

Since it's well known that Lohan herself is almost illiterate, it'll be interesting to see which ghost writer gets the lovely job of trying to make Lohan's side of things sound sympathetic to her.

Lindsay Lohan plans to pen her memoirs
    OK! Magazine reports that Lindsay Lohan is sold on making a memoir about her life happen.

By Courtney Hazlett
    The Scoop
    updated 8:46 a.m. MT, Fri., Jan. 25, 2008
    Courtney Hazlett

Between working at the morgue and befriending Italian men, Lindsay Lohan has reportedly found time to begin penning her memoirs, which is part “Little Girl Lost” by Drew Barrymore and part inside look at being an “it” girl.

OK! Magazine reports that she’s sold on making the book happen, but money woes might be her motivation.

The mag says that Lohan, who’s widely reported to be cash poor after spending months at rehab, actually had to borrow $10,000 from pal Steve-O. Lohan’s rep denies this, but pals close to the Razzie-nominated starlet say Lohan is starting to worry. “She regrets all the cash she threw around the last couple years,” one friend told me. “She needs everything to fall into place and get her back on track, and fast.”
    An interesting thing about memoirs from 20ish starlebs who've lived and promoted themselves in the media for most of the years anyone has cared about them. I really doubt there's anything someone like Lohan has to say that we already don't know about her, not to mention that her credibility factor is probably about Zero. Someone like Drew Barrymore, mentioned in the article, is a different animal than a Lindsey Lohan, a Britney Spears, or a Paris Hilton, etc. While Drew's wild side wasn't a state secret, she certainly didn't have the paps on her speed dials and flaunt her excesses and bad behaviour to the public and media every possible chance she could get, even making those chances occur. So anyone interested in Drew would have a good reason to want to read her book about her life, since there was so much the public didn't know. Is there really anything we don't know about Lohan, Spears, Hilton, etc.? Makes me shudder to know we even know what color hair is on their peekachoos, thanks to their fashion policies of panties optional.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I for one already know way more than I ever cared to about Lindsay Lohan. If there is anything I don't know - I just don't care.

She might have fallen victim early to the hollywood lifestyle, but she was given many opportunities to turn it around. Her choice to continue in her partying ways is on her. She gets no sympathy from me. Grow up, already - we don't care.

Emma Thompson is officially my personal hero. Okay, she pretty much was already, but now I love her even more. She's one of the coolest women on the planet.
    Brit actress saved by outraged Emma

The English actress Emma Thompson has stepped in to protest about an up-and-coming British actress, of seemingly perfect proportions, being required by an American film company to lose weight for her next role. Hayley Atwell may be the latest muse of Woody Allen, starring in his new film Cassandra's Dream, but she didn't measure up for Miramax Films, who are behind the big-screen remake of Brideshead Revisited.

Having been cast as Julia Flyte, the gilded scion of an aristocratic family played in the original TV series by Diana Quick, the 25-year-old Londoner was asked to shed a few pounds.

Thompson, who appears in the remake as Lady Marchmain (opposite Michael Gambon in the old Laurence Olivier role as Lord Marchmain), learned of Atwell's predicament when she invited her to dinner at her home.

Says Atwell: "I went round to Emma's one night and she was getting very angry that I wasn't eating all the food she was giving me. I told her why and she hit the roof." The no-nonsense Thompson was so outraged that she called the producers the next day and threatened to resign from the film if they forced Atwell to lose weight. Faced with Thompson - a two-times Oscar winner - on the warpath, Miramax Films swiftly relented.
    People: Brit actress saved by outraged Emma | News | The First Post
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

^ Totally ridiculous. Hayley Atwell is beautiful and a perfectly normal size. How skewed are Hollywood producers anyways?
    Good for Emma Thompson! She's a true role model - great actress and great person to boot.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread