+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2804991;
    I didn't know Omar Sharif had any anger management issues.
    Tennessean.com
    I didn't even realize he was still alive. He certainly is a feisty 70+ year old.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2805019;
    I didn't even realize he was still alive. He certainly is a feisty 70+ year old.
    I used to have the BIGGEST crush on him. I think I've watched Funny Girl about a 1000 times just because of him.

I didn't realize he was still alive either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Tennessean.com
    About 30 years ago (pre ATM days) I was working as a cashier at a local grocery store. Omar Shariff came in to cash a check. He was from out of the area so I called for management approval (pre instant check approval machines).
    He blew a gasket, "Don't you even know who I am?" I was 17 yrs old at the time so the answer was "No".
    He yelled at the manager about how we should respect him when the manager replied "This is rule is not about you, it is about store security".
    He grabbed his money and stormed out. He had issues back before it had a label.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2805523;
    About 30 years ago (pre ATM days) I was working as a cashier at a local grocery store. Omar Shariff came in to cash a check. He was from out of the area so I called for management approval (pre instant check approval machines).
    He blew a gasket, "Don't you even know who I am?" I was 17 yrs old at the time so the answer was "No".
    He yelled at the manager about how we should respect him when the manager replied "This is rule is not about you, it is about store security".
    He grabbed his money and stormed out. He had issues back before it had a label.
    Wow, I hate it when celebrities make asses out of themselves because of who they think they are. Omar Shariff made some great movies, but he never had the "star power" that other celebrities have, so I am appalled he acted like that. Not shocked. Nothing shocks me anymore in the behavior of celebs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

He was nothing but a local celebrity, but PugMum's story reminded me of my favorite celebrity story when I was working retail. In high school, I worked for a few years in a dry cleaner. One of the local TV sports guys brought his dry cleaning and shirts to be laundered to us, and he was one of those who thought he was mr big man because he was on local TV. (his dad had been too) Well his kids would come in with him, tear the store apart, and then they'd just leave, leaving the mess behind for me to clean up, which always ticked me off. I got to know all the regular customers, would greet them by name, fill out their slips from memory including starch preference, etc. But whenever this guy came in, I ALWAYS asked for his name. If I detected higher than usual levels of irritation in his voice when he said it, I would ask him to spell it ... and it was a VERY basic "one way to spell" name. I'm sure it never made him realize that he should make his kids behave better, but it made me feel better.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2805928;
    He was nothing but a local celebrity, but PugMum's story reminded me of my favorite celebrity story when I was working retail. In high school, I worked for a few years in a dry cleaner. One of the local TV sports guys brought his dry cleaning and shirts to be laundered to us, and he was one of those who thought he was mr big man because he was on local TV. (his dad had been too) Well his kids would come in with him, tear the store apart, and then they'd just leave, leaving the mess behind for me to clean up, which always ticked me off. I got to know all the regular customers, would greet them by name, fill out their slips from memory including starch preference, etc. But whenever this guy came in, I ALWAYS asked for his name. If I detected higher than usual levels of irritation in his voice when he said it, I would ask him to spell it ... and it was a VERY basic "one way to spell" name. I'm sure it never made him realize that he should make his kids behave better, but it made me feel better.
    WOW! Small world! I worked at a dry cleaners my senior year of high school. We did the laundry in house and sent out the dry cleaning. I started out pressing the "junk" and "moved up" to shirts. Puts a whole new meaning to "dirty laundry"
    Our BEST famous person was Norma Zimmer. She was the Lawrence Welk's "Champagne Lady". She was SO nice. She would get autographs for anyone that would ask.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2806587;
    WOW! Small world! I worked at a dry cleaners my senior year of high school. We did the laundry in house and sent out the dry cleaning. I started out pressing the "junk" and "moved up" to shirts. Puts a whole new meaning to "dirty laundry"
    Our BEST famous person was Norma Zimmer. She was the Lawrence Welk's "Champagne Lady". She was SO nice. She would get autographs for anyone that would ask.
    Only people who are Patriots fans would know this one but my friend's brother went trick or treating with friends one year around their neighborhood in West Bridewater, MA and they knocked on one door and who should answer but Drew Bledsoe. They were so starstruck. They were like "We just trick or treated at Drew Bledsoe's house!"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Jessica Alba Is Expecting Twins - AOL Entertainment Canada

Are they putting something in the water in Hollywood? First J-Lo is expecting twins, now Jessica Alba and Angelina Jolie. Weird. Hope they all have healthy & happy babies.

Jessica Alba is reportedly set to give birth to twins on June 8. The pregnant 'Fantastic Four' actress and fiancÚ Cash Warren were delighted to discover they will be welcoming more than one baby this summer.

The source said: "Knowing that she's going to have twins has literally turned Jessica's life upside down. She and Cash have had to scrap their plans for a one-baby nursery and start all over again."

Jessica - who has been keeping up her exercise and healthy eating routine during the pregnancy - is also said to be determined not to find out the sex of her babies.

The source added: "Cash and Jessica aren't sure whether they want to know the sex of the babies now or wait to be surprised when Jess gives birth on June 8."

The 26-year-old star isn't the only celebrity expecting two bundles of joy.

Jennifer Lopez has reportedly checked into Long Island's North Shore University Hospital ready to give birth to a twin boy and girl - her first children with husband Marc Anthony.

Angelina Jolie and her partner Brad Pitt are also said to be getting ready for the arrival of twins.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Jennifer Lopez has reportedly checked into Long Island's North Shore University Hospital ready to give birth to a twin boy and girl - her first children with husband Marc Anthony.
    And if long time rumor is correct, Leah Remini will be standing there 'till the very last second, trying to convince J. Lo to have a Scientology silent birth.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Boy, I'd call him an Ugly American...but he's not American. What the heck?

Does anyone else remember when Martin Landau got furious with that VJ Kennedy (from MTV) when she didn't know who he really was and he was snapping at her to do her research?

My husband put it best when he said that the photos of Lindsay Lohan looked more like Dana Plato than Marilyn Monroe. UGH. She's not a bad looking young woman, but she is no Marilyn Monroe. And not to insult anyone with freckles, but I don't need to see all of la Lohan's freckles all over her body! And...that wig looked hideous on her!

The end.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 02-22-2008 at 12:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread