+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

That had to have been the best line in that movie!! Too funny!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"The Hottie and the Nottie"?

You're kidding right? That's REALLY the name of it?

Even if the whole movie's a spoof of her "That's Hot" crap, that's STILL so lame.

Roy Scheider will be sorely missed. Paris' movie? If that "died" a quick death, probably not. Good riddance before it polluted real audience.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This brought a tear to my eye
    Michelle Williams Takes Ocean Plunge to Honor Heath
    By Brenda Rodriguez

What started out as a subdued wake after Heath Ledger's funeral ended in an emotional goodbye by mourners including Michelle Williams, who all took a plunge into the ocean as the sun began to set.

"It's exactly what Heath would have wanted," one mourner told PEOPLE, dripping wet in his underwear as he made his way out of the water.

An unidentified man led Williams by the hand, followed by several guests, who walked down the stairs behind the Indiana Tea House on Cottesloe Beach, the site of the wake and one of Ledger's favorite spots.

At least 50 people attending the wake ran onto the beach and many began to take off their clothes. While some women took the plunge in their black dresses, other men and women stripped down to just their underwear and jumped into the ocean.

Williams, still wearing her cream-colored sundress and black sunglasses, was briefly dragged into the water as everyone cheered. She was then quickly surrounded by a group of mourners, creating a protective circle around the actress.

Those in the water laughed and cheered as Michelle watched from the shore. Ledger's sister Kate also took a dive into the water and was surrounded by pals splashing around her while her father Kim Ledger watched from the restaurant's balcony and shouted, "Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!" giving two thumbs up in the air.

As the sun began to set, the swimmers came on shore and stood in a line on both sides of Williams and linked arms. In the last five minutes, as the sun moved toward the horizon, the mourners stood in silence, watching and embracing.

Williams hugged Kate Ledger and smiled as she watched the sunset at 8:15 p.m., local time.

Two mourners in the group summoned up the moment as they stood behind Williams.

"The sun goes down on our love," they said. "But it will never go down on Heathy."

Williams left the wake with Ledger's mother Sally Ledger Bell and her husband Roger Bell at 9:20 p.m., local time. Ledger Bell held on to Michelle as they got into a black SUV. Once inside, Sally rested her head on Williams' shoulder as the car drove away.
    Michelle Williams Takes Ocean Plunge to Honor Heath : People.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2790284;
    "The Hottie and the Nottie"?

You're kidding right? That's REALLY the name of it?

Even if the whole movie's a spoof of her "That's Hot" crap, that's STILL so lame.

Roy Scheider will be sorely missed. Paris' movie? If that "died" a quick death, probably not. Good riddance before it polluted real audience.
    Yeah, that's really the name of her movie, Krom. Hard to say who's the bigger moron, Paris or whoever came up with the name of the movie.

And what's sad as always with anything to do with Paris Hilton... it's not even a spoof movie, it was supposed to be taken seriously as a light comedy. But... I think the comedy part was supposed in the movie script, not the movie receipts.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Paris getting humiliated? That's hot!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

they were saying on the news yesterday that paris' movie only brought in $25,000

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2791065;
    they were saying on the news yesterday that paris' movie only brought in $25,000
    Wow, that's $2,000 more than expected, they really hit the jackpot!
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2790769;
    Is this an Australian tradition or more of a religion? I mean taking a plunge to the ocean after a wake. I just find it strange.
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

Like sister, like brother. At 18 years old, it looks like the little brother of Paris Hilton has taken some party and driving lessons from his sister.

Like His Big Sister, Paris' Bro Gets a DUI!
    Posted Feb 12th 2008 12:58PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned 18-year-old Barron Hilton, Paris' little brother, was arrested for DUI in Malibu at 8:30 AM this morning! We're wondering ... WTF is this kid drinking at 8:30 AM to get popped for a DUI?!

Cops tell TMZ he was driving a black Mercedes on Pacific Coast Highway with a passenger -- not one of his sisters-- when he was pulled over at a 76 gas station.

He's currently in the process of being booked at the Lost Hills Sheriff's station -- the same place Mel Gibson was taken.

Story developing ...

Quote Originally Posted by OutsideLookinIn;2791396;
    Is this an Australian tradition or more of a religion? I mean taking a plunge to the ocean after a wake. I just find it strange.
    I think it was just an after-service luncheon place they were at that was on the beach and everyone just decided to have some fun. I don't think it means anything specific - just a lightening of the mood that some started and they considered it a 'celebration' of sorts.
    It is mid summer down there.

+ Reply to Thread