+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940801305301030 ... LastLast
Like Tree4948Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Teen actor killed in plane crash

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Teen actor killed in plane crash

TOLUCA, Mexico (AP) -- Teenage actor Pablo Santos, who starred in the television series "Greetings from Tucson," died in a small plane crash in central Mexico, a hospital official said Saturday. He was 19.

Santos and six friends were flying from Monterrey to Acapulco on Friday when their Piper Malibu crashed during an emergency landing at the airport in Toluca, some 55 kilometers (35 miles) west of Mexico City, the Mexico State Security Agency said. The plane was owned by Santos' father.

The crash also claimed the life of Santos' friend, 19-year-old Martel Fernandez, who died early Saturday at a hospital.

Five others were hospitalized, said Irma Garcia, a spokeswoman for the Social Security Hospital where Santos was taken.

In an interview with the newspaper El Norte, survivor Diego Marcos said the plane had engine trouble near Toluca and began filling with smoke.

"The motor coughed and then cut out ... and then we went straight down," he said. "Everything was too fast."

After the crash, Marcos said, everyone was "covered in blood" and that Santos and Fernandez weren't moving. He said the plane was only supposed to carry six people, but that he and his friends convinced the pilot to take on an extra passenger.

Officials were investigating the cause of the accident.

Santos starred as the son of a Mexican-American family portrayed in "Greetings from Tucson," which ran on the WB network from 2002 to 2003.

He had appeared in numerous episodes on other television programs, including "Boston Public," "Law & Order" and "American Family," as well as films such as "Sea of Dreams" and "Party Animalz."

Born in Monterrey, Santos moved with his family to Los Angeles when he was 12.

Santos' father was traveling to Toluca to bring his son's body back to Monterrey. Burial plans were not announced.

Another break for Lohan

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,...00.html?fdnews

Lindsay's Bad Break

by Sarah Hall
    Sep 18, 2006, 8:30 AM PT

Just Lindsay Lohan's luck--another trip to the hospital.

The accident- and illness-prone star paid yet another visit to the emergency room Friday after she slipped and fractured her wrist in two places at a Fashion Week party in New York, her rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnick, confirmed to E! News.

Zelnick told Access Hollywood that "there's a pending investigation" into the incident because of Lohan's claim that Milk Studios, which hosted the event, did not take adequate precautions to prevent guests from slipping.

At the time she lost her balance, Lohan was clad in ostensibly sensible shoes--flat-heeled Chanel boots, as opposed to stilettos, Zelnick said.

Her driver took her to the hospital and her mother, Dina, drove into the city from Long Island to be with her.

For those keeping score at home, this makes the fourth time this year that the 20-year-old starlet has needed urgent medical care.

In July, she checked into a Los Angeles hospital to be treated for what she called heat exhaustion and dehydration, but what a movie exec diagnosed as "ongoing all night heavy partying."

In January, she was hospitalized twice: once in London, after cutting herself on a broken teacup, and once in Miami, after suffering an asthma attack.

And that's just 2006. The Mean Girls star was also briefly hospitalized in October 2005 for minor injuries after crashing her car into a van while attempting to elude paparazzi.

In October 2004, she spent five days at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was treated for a combination of stress and exhaustion.

With that kind of track record, maybe it's time Lohan put some thought into adding a personal physician to her entourage.

Mel Gibson’s daughter weds guitarist

Hannah Gibson, blues rocker Kenny Wayne Shepherd exchange vows

Updated: 4:36 p.m. ET Sept 18, 2006
    LOS ANGELES - Mel Gibson’s only daughter, Hannah, married blues-rock guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd this weekend, People magazine said on its Web site, citing a report in The Times of Shreveport, La.

Gibson, 26, and Shepherd, 29, of Benton, La., exchanged vows in California on Saturday, the report said.

Shepherd’s albums include “Ledbetter Heights” and “Live On.”

He proposed to Gibson on New Year’s Eve 2004 in Rome, according to the newspaper.

Gibson, 50, and his wife, Robyn, have seven children. Hannah is their oldest child and only daughter.

The wedding came almost two months after Gibson, 50, star of the “Lethal Weapon” movies and director of “The Passion of the Christ,” was arrested for drunken driving in Malibu on July 28.

Gibson has publicly apologized for an anti-Semitic tirade he unleashed when he was arrested. He has called the remarks “despicable.”

In August, Gibson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge in a deal that called for alcohol rehabilitation, fines and probation.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14895404/

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Not sure if it's been posted here but, apparently Travis Barker has moved on to....Paris(im like a bike) Hilton.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Mickey Hargitay dies.......

http://people.aol.com/people/article...536355,00.html

The former Mr. Universe – and Mariska's dad – succumbs to multiple myeloma Mickey Hargitay, the 1955 Mr. Universe and father – with late sex symbol Jayne Mansfield – of actress Mariska Hargitay, died of multiple myeloma Thursday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, Ellen, his wife of 38 years, tells the Los Angeles Times. He was 80.

"Words cannot express how saddened we are by the loss of Mickey," his family said in a statement, the Associated Press reports. "At the same time, we are so grateful for who he was and is to all of us, and for the love he gave us in our lives. He will continue to be our source of inspiration and strength."

Born Miklos Hargitay in Hungary, he emigrated to the United States after World War II. His bodybuilding – he was named Mr. Universe, Mr. America and Mr. Olympia in 1955 – helped popularize the sport and landed him a role in Mae West's Las Vegas revue.

Mansfield saw the show in 1956, and reportedly said when asked what she'd like for her meal, "I'll have a steak and the man on the left!"

The two wed in 1958, and while Hargitay made a few Hercules-style movies, he later said of his film career, "I never wanted to be any more than what I was, and I had fun doing it," according to the L.A. Times.

"My dad's a bit of a superhero," Mariska Hargitay said last year on National Public Radio's "Fresh Air."

Mansfield and Hargitay – who lived in a pink Beverly Hills mansion with a heart-shaped pool – had three children together, including Mariska, before they divorced in 1964. Mansfield died in a 1967 auto crash.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who played Hargitay to Loni Anderson's Mansfield in the 1982 TV movie The Jayne Mansfield Story, extended his condolences, calling Hargitay "a magnificent individual," the AP reports.

"Mickey was such an inspiration and always had such a positive attitude," Schwarzenegger said in a statement. "He was a role model of mine for being a successful immigrant who came to this country and pursued his dreams."

In addition to his wife and daughter Mariska, Hargitay is survived by daughter Tina West, stepdaughter Jayne Fenley, sons Mickey Jr. and Zoltan, a brother, a sister, 10 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Mariska Hargitay is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield?? Wow! I never would have guessed that one. That's sort of like hearing that Mae West was Jodie Foster's mother. Hard to imagine.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

On Inside Edition, they showed Mariska sitting in her moms lap, when she was a couple of years old. I have read that Mariska and her sister and/or brother were asleep in the car when their mother did in the wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    On Inside Edition, they showed Mariska sitting in her moms lap, when she was a couple of years old. I have read that Mariska and her sister and/or brother were asleep in the car when their mother did in the wreck.
    Yes, Mariska and two of her brothers were in the backseat, asleep.

I was saddened to hear this news - I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mickey Hargitay, and I'm glad to see that Arnold recognizes him, as well.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Okay, this ought to make for good tv viewing on Saturday night.

September 21, 2006 -- IN an understatement of the ages, Paris Hilton told Los Angeles cops she's not the brightest bulb in Hollywood's chandelier.
    The heir head told investigators probing the home-invasion robbery of "Girls Gone Wild" producer Joe Francis that she's not a reliable witness.

"Like I really . . . I don't remember. I'm not like that smart," Hilton said in police audio tapes set to air on "Dateline NBC" on Saturday night.

LAPD Detective Steve Koman and Deputy DA Hoon Chun were asking Hilton to remember what she told Francis at a party shortly after the "Girls" mastermind was victimized on Jan. 24, 2004.

Francis passed on Paris' information to cops, who eventually busted Darnell Riley. But when investigators pressed Hilton to recall her talk with Francis, she didn't remember much, The Post's David K. Li reports.

"I like forget stuff all the time," she said.

Koman, however, jumped to Paris' defense and encouraged her to think again.

"Don't cut yourself short," he said in the "Dateline" tapes.

Hilton also told cops "private tapes" were stolen from her home - and that a mysterious caller wanted money for the hot goods.

"They . . . wanted money. They were tryin' to sell it to like a newspaper or something," said Hilton, who balked at paying - and chalked it up to advice from dear old Dad.

"So if you pay somebody, then you're gonna be paying for the rest of your life," Hilton said. "My dad always taught me. They'll keep the tape anyway."

Riley pleaded guilty to residential burglary and attempted extortion in the Francis attack. He was sentenced to more than 10 years in prison

In a pretrial hearing, prosecutors showed video that Riley himself took of the home invasion. Francis was tied up, had his pants pulled down and was taunted with a phallic sex toy. "Dateline" captured this footage but has no plans to air it.

During the attack, Francis was forced to tell the cameraman he enjoyed gay sex.

"That just is ridiculous to me," Francis told "Dateline." "That somebody's gonna think the owner of 'Girls Gone Wild' is gay? I would have said anything with a gun to my head."

I just saw that Howard K Stern has thrown his hat in the ring as possibly being the daddy of Anna Nicole's baby. Actually he says that he IS the daddy, but then, so does the photographer guy.

This just gets classier and classier, doesn't it? And it sets my mind to racing again, about Daniel's unexplained death.

+ Reply to Thread