+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 1044 FirstFirst 12345678910111213531035031003 ... LastLast
Like Tree3911Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I’ll bet if Britney wanted Justin to help her put together a comeback record, he’d jump at the chance,” says the source. “He’s someone who never backs down from an artistic challenge, and he’s said that he’d love to see Britney redeem herself through music — even if he has to give her a push.”
    That sounds like a backhanded compliment to me.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Something tells me Chestica is only addopting because ange led the way.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Singer plans to adopt ‘before I have my own kids’
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12064088/

The Associated Press
    Updated: 7:50 p.m. ET March 29, 2006

LOS ANGELES - Jessica Simpson has babies on the brain.

The 25-year-old singer filed for divorce from Nick Lachey last December but her publicist says Simpson is looking at adoption.

“Nothing has been finalized yet” as to when and how Simpson will adopt, her publicist, Rob Shuter, told The Associated Press on Tuesday. But he added, “It is true that she’s exploring options.”

Shuter said Simpson and her family have anonymously contributed funds to a smattering of Mexican orphanages for several years now. The singer started visiting the orphanages with a church group at age 11.

“I want to adopt, and I plan to adopt before I have my own kids,” the pop star recently told TV’s “Extra.”

In the interview, Simpson cited a certain high-profile mother as an influence.

“I think Angelina Jolie has done amazing, amazing things, and the international adoption rate just since her has skyrocketed,” she said. “It’s unbelievable.”

Simpson is best known for starring in the MTV reality show “Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica” with Lachey, who gained fame as a member of the boy band 98 Degrees.
    ______________________________ ______________________________

So her idea is to marry, divorce, and then have kids
    I hate to break it to her, but once you adopt them they ARE your OWN kids. Good grief, how screwed up will those kids be?

Aniston Faces Tension Over Wedding Rumor

NEW YORK - Silence. Awkward silence. That was Jennifer Aniston's tightlipped response on Tuesday morning's "Today" show when asked about the latest rumor that Oprah Winfrey is planning to host an $8 million wedding for her and beau Vince Vaughn.

The moment grew still more awkward when Aniston's "Friends with Money" co-star, Catherine Keener, weighed in on her behalf. "I thought you weren't going to go there," she told entertainment correspondent Jill Rappaport. "But you did."

"It's frustrating because those rumors do get out there," replied Rappaport.

Earlier in the interview segment, which also included co-star Joan Cusack, Aniston said she gives interviews to promote a movie, not her personal life.

"It's the other stuff...," she said, scrunching up her face in reference to the yearlong headlines involving Vaughn, ex-husband Brad Pitt and other personal topics.

Rappaport explained she was curious about the wedding rumors, saying, "When you hear about an $8 million wedding, you'd like to be invited."

"And now you won't be," quipped Keener, drawing laughs from Rappaport, Aniston and Cusack.

"Friends with Money," a drama about four women whose varying degrees of success put a strain on their relationships, opens Friday in limited release.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060404/...RrBHNlYwM3NjI-

I loved Catherine Keener before I read this. Now I worship her!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That's fabulous, Critical. Simply fabulous!

Is she still married to Dermot Mulroney? Seems like I've seen her solo everywhere lately.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    That's fabulous, Critical. Simply fabulous!

Is she still married to Dermot Mulroney? Seems like I've seen her solo everywhere lately.
    I think I read somewhere that they are currently separated It's a shame. I always thought they were such a cool couple.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I really, REALLY hope his comments are meant to be taken tongue-in-cheek.

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher have slammed rumors they are expecting their first child together, but admit they may consider adoption. The pair, who wed in September last year, have been plagued by reports they are trying for a child, but Kutcher insists they are not true. He says, "She's not pregnant. There was a rumor about a year ago, but it is not true. "(A baby) could be in the plans. Everybody's adopting babies now, that's the new thing. "I feel like just having one would be weird. It's unconventional to have a baby just now, you've got to adopt one from Cambodia or something."
    http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-04-05/
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I really, REALLY hope his comments are meant to be taken tongue-in-cheek.
    That's how I took it, Star

It reminded me of Kathy Griffin on her show joking with her parents about how she and her husband were going to wait to adopt a baby to see what the new, trendy country was. Because, you know, Cambodian babies were so "last week."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Because, you know, Cambodian babies were so "last week."
    That's hilarious. You never know with Ashton. He's a total lunkhead in my book.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    That's hilarious. You never know with Ashton. He's a total lunkhead in my book.
    I used to think so too. Then I saw him on a few interview shows a year or so ago and I was really impressed with him. I think he comes off one way in print - maybe he was also trying to foster that image for his role on That 70s Show - and then totally differently in video interviews. I was so surprised at how sweet and charming and intelligent he was in the interviews I saw. It really changed my opinion of him.

+ Reply to Thread