+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5069Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Why didn't she cancel the card if it was happening over such a long period and so much money? Unless she just didn't notice it until later is my only guess. Otherwise why keep allowing that to happen. Something just isn't adding up. I know nothing about either party so those were just the questions that popped into my mind.

Well, Janet Charlton isn't the most reliable person in the world (<---understatement), but a blurb on her site claims that Lindsay Lohan is off the wagon. Again.
    Janet Charlton's Hollywood -- Celebrity Gossip & Rumors

If it's true, I have to wonder how stupid Lindsay really is (really, I already know - she's very stupid). Do these stars not realize that anything they do in the presence of even ONE other person is going to get out eventually?
    Last edited by Critical; 02-05-2008 at 08:36 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i wouldn't be surprised ... didn't we see video of her guzzling champaign right from the bottle on new years eve?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2783545;
    i wouldn't be surprised ... didn't we see video of her guzzling champaign right from the bottle on new years eve?
    Yes we did. And we've seen a few videos at TMZ and E! of her going in and out of various nightclubs in Hollywood since she got out of rehab, with an occasional 'fellow partygoer' proclaiming Lindsey was a good girl inside and didn't drink. Not very believable. And I think if her newfound alleged abstinence of all liquor was so sincere, I think she wouldn't be going out partying in nightclubs all the time as she's been seen doing. My faith in her ability to be there in the midst of the partying, drugs, and alcohol and not partake in some measure is almost non-existent.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

She was just in the news the other day talking about how she's had to cut loose some of her friends because she couldn't stay sober and be around them. I'm sure that was a statement written by her PR people
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Any General Hospital fans out there.....The actress who played Amy Vining has died.

'General Hospital' actress Shell Kepler dies | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Arts & Entertainment

'General Hospital' actress Shell Kepler dies

TV: Actress portrayed nurse Amy Vining on the TV soap opera

03:59 PM CST on Tuesday, February 5, 2008
    Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. Actress Shell Kepler, who for years played the gossipy nurse Amy Vining on the TV soap opera General Hospital, has died. She was 49. Kepler died Friday at Oregon Health & Science University hospital. The medical examiner's office said she died of renal failure.

FILE 1992/AP
    Shell Kepler Kepler's busybody character on General Hospital was a fan favorite and enjoyed a long run, 1979-2002.

In addition to her run on General Hospital, she was also in a 1982 Joan Collins film, Homework, and a couple of episodes of the situation comedy Three's Company.

On the side, she was a businesswoman, marketing clothing on the former Home Shopping Club. She said in a 1994 Associated Press interview that her "Lacy Afternoon" collection had sales topping $20 million that year alone.

Kepler was born in Ohio and the family moved to California when she was 10. She recalled in 1994 that she didn't yet have a driver's license when she began trying out for film roles.

"I managed to get my girlfriends to drive me to auditions because I wasn't old enough to drive. I was a rather ambitious kid," she said.

She moved to Portland after her TV career and became involved in charity fundraising.

The Associated Press

Kim Kardashian denied the allegations, telling PEOPLE she and her siblings had Norwood's permission to make the purchases.
    This is the funniest part of all. I mean for a good part of that time the Norwood fortunes were in decline, since Brandy was in massive legal trouble and unable to work. So its just a hoot to hear that the Kardashians, who's fame and fortune were on the rise (for basically doing nothing, but still...) were busy leeching off the Norwoods. So no, I don't believe they "had permission".

But you'd think Mrs. Norwood would have um... noticed the bills. Which means that there's an accountant or personal assistant somewhere in the loop that REALLY wasn't doing their job.

Well, Janet Charlton isn't the most reliable person in the world (<---understatement), but a blurb on her site claims that Lindsay Lohan is off the wagon. Again.
    If Lindsay was ever ON the wagon, its was for like... five minutes.

I don't know if anyone is ever truly incurable for addiction, but Lindsey has got to be close. She's lucky she's not into it as excessively as Amy Winehouse is, but she's headed the same way, even if the cocaine and booze she's using is getting her there a bit slower than Amy's heroin, ecstasy and crack.

I'd like her to prove me wrong, but I don't think she will--at least anytime soon. When we see her enter a REAL hardcore rehab--one without "Starbucks breaks"--then maybe I'll start to believe.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-06-2008 at 04:43 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2784171;
    Any General Hospital fans out there.....The actress who played Amy Vining has died.
    This got posted in the GH thread a few days ago. So sad

That whole Kardashian/Norwood thing just proves what Bill Cosby has always said - always sign your own checks!

FORT Fogey

Lindsay Lohan will have a hard time ever getting on the wagon. These celebrities have no real reason to. They still can get jobs, they still have fans that look past it, and they still have oodles of money. Our society is so skewed when all these young people have so much money and power and they are some of the worst examples of a human being there is.

Leo
    Premium Member

ABS-CBN Interactive

Officials: Heath Ledger death due to abuse of drugs

Agence France-Presse

NEW YORK - Hollywood actor Heath Ledger, found dead in his New York apartment two weeks ago, died of acute intoxication, authorities said Wednesday, ruling the death an accident due to abuse of prescription drugs.

"Mr Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," city Chief Medical Examiner Charles Hirsch said in a statement.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

The cause of the 28-year-old's death had been shrouded in mystery, with an initial post-mortem inconclusive and conflicting speculation that he was a drug user and suffering from pneumonia.

Ledger scored critical acclaim for his powerful performance as a repressed gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain" in 2005, and was seen as a rising star in Hollywood.

He was found dead on January 22, sending shockwaves through Hollywood. His memorial service in Los Angeles drew an A-list of mourners including Tom Cruise and wife Katie Holmes, Sienna Miller and Ellen DeGeneres.

Arrangements for Ledger's burial in Perth have not been made public, but it is expected his family will hold a private funeral later this week at which they will bury their son in a family plot.

+ Reply to Thread