+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2779834;
    She's clearly a classy lady. Especially considering the fact that if the drug/endless partying rumors ARE true, Heath clearly had to be breaking her heart towards the end. Our faith in Heath Ledger may get dented a bit as facts come out, but I think Michelle Williams is exactly what she seems to be.
    You're right. I'm very heartened by the fact that she doesn't feel the need to explain anything further than she has. I'm of the mind that whatever caused Heath's death, none of us really needs to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2779941;
    You're right. I'm very heartened by the fact that she doesn't feel the need to explain anything further than she has. I'm of the mind that whatever caused Heath's death, none of us really needs to know.
    Agreed. It wouldn't change anything and really...it is no one's business but his family's. Let that little girl be raised surrounded by loving memories of her father that her family will share.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2779834;
    She's clearly a classy lady. Especially considering the fact that if the drug/endless partying rumors ARE true, Heath clearly had to be breaking her heart towards the end. Our faith in Heath Ledger may get dented a bit as facts come out, but I think Michelle Williams is exactly what she seems to be.

I totally agree with you about the surprise/disappointment over finding out the facts of Heath's death. No one would have been surprised if the person this happened to had been Britney Spears, but we never heard about any randy activities surrounding Heath Ledger. Had he lived in LA, I think it might have been a different story. I think it's very telling that there are people out there who are not surprised at what happened to him...and they haven't gone on and on about it. They just commented on it and moved on. This man was definitely respected in his field.

Not only do I feel sorry for his little girl, but I feel very sorry for Michelle. She's got a lifetime, ahead, of dealing with this aftermath.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I too, think that Michelle Williams is a wonderful lady. I wish her well in the future.
    -----
    I'm not surprised about a bunch of celebs "going to rehab". I often think that in order to be successful and keep up with the lifestyle of acting and celebrity, that one must be somewhat of a manic, perfectionist. Acting for big roles demands so much and would be considered extremely tiring for a normal person.

That's why I sometimes think that very successful people in the public eye, whether movies, music, tv, politics, all have something in them that allow them to be successful. That may be that they have a mental illness, an addiction, or personality problems that only rear their heads when it goes from manageable and acceptable by the public, to out of control.
    ----------

Forgot about this. Carla Bruni married France's PM Sarkozi at the Elysee!! I hope they are very happy!!

France's Sarkozy marries Bruni at the Elysee | International | Reuters
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-02-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added more
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

She gets around so i dont know how happy they'll be. I see a 4rth wedding under his belt.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

His track record really doesn't indicate a successful marriage, does it? I can't imagine why anyone would marry somebody with his history. Of course, I can hardly imagine why people get married at all, so there you go.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I swear, i've never understood the point of making noise and acting up as a way to generate publicity. Like on TMZ on tv, they say that when a celeb covers up to screw with the photogs, it's for publicity. But, doing that is not going to make me want to go see your movie(you hear that, jessica Alba?).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

You couldn't pay me to see Jessica Alba movies either! Yuck!!!

Although my tendency is to believe Ms. Norwood, and not any of the Kardashian sluts girls, I do wonder why it took so long to bring the lawsuit about. Maybe she's been trying for a couple of years to get them to cough up the money without having to go to court, but it finally had to come to it? I also have to laugh at the thought of Kim 'Kardasshian' being anyone's stylist, since the girl herself doesn't appear to have any fashion sense at all.

Brandy's Ma to Kim K: You Screwed My Girl, Too
    Posted Feb 4th 2008 7:56PM by TMZ Staff

Brandy's mom is suing everyone Kardashian, claiming they raped her financially.

According to a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Sonja Norwood, the mom of Brandy and Ray J, claims in 2004, when Kim K was a stylist, she was given permission to use Sonja's American Express card to make "one (and only one)" purchase on behalf of Sonja.

According to the suit, Kim allegedly gave the card to other members of her family -- Khloe, Kourtney and Robert Jr. The suit claims in 2006, the Ks racked up $62,793.83 in unauthorized charges. And, in 2007, they blew another $57,841.82. The total: $120,635.65!

And get this for audacity: the suit claims the Kardashians charged thousands of dollars in their own stores, Dash and Smooch.

It's unclear why Sonja didn't just cancel the card.

No immediate comment from the Kardashians.
    And People's version of the suit:

Brandy's Mom: Kim Kardashian Abused My Credit Card
    By Lorenzo Benet
    Originally posted Monday February 04, 2008 09:00 PM EST

R&B singer Brandy Norwood's mother filed a lawsuit Monday against Kim Kardashian accusing her of running up more than $120,000 in credit card charges without permission.

The suit, which also names Kardashian's siblings Khloe, Kourtney and Robert Jr., alleges they ran up the charges on the mother's card in 2006 and 2007. It seeks the return of the money plus 10 percent interest.

Kim Kardashian denied the allegations, telling PEOPLE she and her siblings had Norwood's permission to make the purchases.

"We have her signature on all items," Kardashian says.

In the lawsuit, Norwood's mother, Sonja Norwood, who is also her manager, alleges Kim Kardashian had only been authorized in 2004 to make one purchase on the Norwood American Express card in Kim's then-capacity as a stylist for Brandy (Brandy's brother, Ray J, also appeared in the infamous sex tape with Kim).

But later, Kardashian, now starring in the E! reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, made unauthorized purchases and passed on Norwood's card number to her siblings, who also then made unauthorized purchases, including for items in two Kardashian family-owned clothing stores, Dash and Smooch, for a total of $120,636.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

proof that you should never let someone use your card or number.
    what morons.

+ Reply to Thread