+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Michelle Williams has issued a statement. Absolutely beautiful.

"Please respect our need to grieve privately," Williams said in a statement released Friday by Ledger's spokeswoman. "My heart is broken."

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father," Williams said in her statement.

"All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."
    Michelle Williams says heart broken over Ledger | U.S. | Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2779232;
    I just heard Eva Mendes went to rehab too....what is up with our celebrity society lately?
    I don't know buglover.

I just heard Eva Mendes went to rehab too....what is up with our celebrity society lately?
    I believe the term is "Going to Hell in a Handbasket"...

Definitely....I think we've lost sight of the fact that we shouldn't start doing these things to begin with. All these people are heading to rehab like it's a vacation and it suddenly makes everything ok....
    Yup, with donuts!!

Wasn't there a song out ...Mo Money Mo Problems...that might explain some of this craziness. Many of these people seem to have endless amounts of cash and are looking for the next best high. Sad.

Michelle Williams sounds like a very classy lady.

I wish that some of these celebrities could see that the best kind of "high" is by using their status to help people.

Agreed. It seems like a curse rather than a blessing to have amazing talent. Could be that actors are actually just very lonely in their art.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

They're overindulged and not held accountable for their actions.

...what is up with our celebrity society lately?
    The Hollywood celeb society has always been this way, buglover, even back in the days when Mary Pickford came out to Hollywood with the Biograph company to film a few reelies. Her own brother, Jack, was basically the Robert Downey, Jr. or Redmond O'Neal of his day. Drugs, wanton sex, mentally unstable actors and actresses, alchohol, heading off for a 'spa' vacation (as rehab/detox was known in the celeb society)... it was all there from the beginning, and some eras were worse than today's celeb generation. The only real difference is in how public the antics of the celebs became, and how the values of society in general have lowered. In some eras, the celebs didn't care who knew what their 'sins' were (Clara Bow loved to hear her name attached to scandal), and in other eras the celebs tried to keep their public images clean even though their personal activities and habits were well known within the industry. The Hollywood celebs get away with whatever the public allows them to get away with, and in today's world, the public allows them to get away with just about anything... even applauds bad behaviour in some cases.

And when celebs see that a Nicole Ritchie, Lindsey Lohan, Tara Reid, Britney Spears, and that ilk have made "checking into rehab" the newest fad and guarantees publicity, well then it just makes that the newest trend to be a part of, whether they get anything out of it or not. It's 'in' now to announce a rehab stay. And how sad when something potentially helpful is no more than one of the latest trends, like a piece of jewelry, or a current designer trend.

So today's celeb society is really no different than it's ever been in Hollywood, it's only that they have a new fashion Must Have List that makes 'rehab' a must-have accessory for the 'trendy celeb'.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 02-01-2008 at 10:48 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2779234;
    Michelle Williams has issued a statement. Absolutely beautiful.

Michelle Williams says heart broken over Ledger | U.S. | Reuters
    She's clearly a classy lady. Especially considering the fact that if the drug/endless partying rumors ARE true, Heath clearly had to be breaking her heart towards the end. Our faith in Heath Ledger may get dented a bit as facts come out, but I think Michelle Williams is exactly what she seems to be.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread