+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2777651;
    I overheard on tv that Entertainment tonight had obtained a video of Heath supposedly using drugs from a few years ago and were going to air it tonight. It's been pulled due to viewer outrage.
    It is true. While they didn't show the video on their shows, they did use clips in promos for the show which ran yesterday, and can be seen in various places on the internet now. The video is clearly Heath and there's little dout as to what is going on.

That's horrible. I'm so glad I'm not a celebrity or in the public eye. They will drag you through the mud every chance they get.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2777657;
    That's horrible. I'm so glad I'm not a celebrity or in the public eye. They will drag you through the mud every chance they get.
    However, in the video, Heath says something about his daugher having been born a couple of months ago. So that means that whoever filmed it sat on it for 2 years without dragging anyone through the mud. Don't get me wrong - that does not excuse capitalizing on his death to sell it now. But it does show that the opportunity was there and not taken prior to this. I would assume the person got much more money for it in the wake of Heath's death, but it was allegedly filmed just before the academy awards came out for Brokeback, so it could have been sold for good money then as a scandal relating to the movie. Since at the time, the seller could have never anticipated Heath's untimely death, it says something. Not something good, but something nonetheless Iguess.

True. Still so sad that money is most important to alot of people.
    Yup, with donuts!!

i am boycotting the show, i think it is wrong to do that. Dear E.T., LET HIS FAMILY GRIEVE AND LET HIM R.I.P. I Think that is a disgusting thing to do.
    MY ANTM WINNERS:

1. Shannon | 2. Shandi | 3. Amanda | 4. Kahlen | 5. Nik | 6. Joanie | 7. Melrose | 8. Jaslene | 9. Jenah | 10. Anya

Quote Originally Posted by the_tv_maniac;2777908;
    i am boycotting the show, i think it is wrong to do that. Dear E.T., LET HIS FAMILY GRIEVE AND LET HIM R.I.P. I Think that is a disgusting thing to do.
    They deserved to be boycotted a long time ago.

E.T. is the SAME scuzzy piece of crap show that let themselves get paid off by Howard K. Stern with "exclusive interview" status in return for them guaranteeing drippingly sympathetic and syrupy pieces about him. Since that came out I've considered them the Hollywood version of pure scum.

Mind you, I think there's actually a real story here with Heath, I just think E.T. inevitably will go about it the wrong way. The whole bit with the strange procession of phone calls when they found him is a real story for example, but actually showing him using drugs instead of simply stating that its known he was a long time drug user? That's a line you don't have to cross. If its investigative journalism then investigate, dammit, don't just exploit.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Montel Williams’ show canceled after 17 years
    CBS will offer ‘Best of Montel’ for about a year after

updated 6:28 p.m. ET, Wed., Jan. 30, 2008
    NEW YORK - Syndicated talk show host Montel Williams is being replaced by a younger version of himself.

CBS Television Distribution announced Wednesday that “The Montel Williams Show” will cease production after this television season, his 17th on the air.

Instead, stations that carried his show will be offered a series of Williams reruns. “Best of Montel” will be 52 weeks worth of “some of the most exciting episodes” from the show’s history, the producers said.

I can’t say thank you enough to those who’ve welcomed me into their homes for the past 17 years,” Williams said. “It has been both an honor and a joy.”

Montel Williams’ show canceled - Television - MSNBC.com
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow I feel extremely old now. I remember when Montel first started his show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

17 years - wow. 1991 was so long ago, and yet it seems like yesterday.

And in the nature of very welcome (to most people) show cancellation news, truTV (formerly Court TV) announced it is cancelling Star Jones' show on their network. "Mutually agreed to" was the wording of the official announcement, though that's standard language in these situations where a new show just isn't bringing in enough viewers to keep it alive. Bye bye, Bridezilla. Yer outta here!

Star Jones' Show Canceled
    Thursday Jan 31, 2008

After just five months on the air, Star Jones' self-titled program is going off the air. TVNewser has obtained an internal memo announcing the cancelation of the daytime show which airs at 3pm ET on truTV. "Due to the rebranding and programming refocus of the network," writes EVP & GM Marc Juris, "truTV and Star Jones Reynolds have mutually agreed to cease production of the Star Jones show."

The show premiered August 20, 2007. The final program airs tomorrow. It will be replaced by Arrest & Trial. Jones will stay on as a contributing legal expert on the weekday In Session trial coverage.

The email from Juris...

Everyone,

I'd like you to know about an important change in truTV's afternoon programming lineup.

Due to the rebranding and programming refocus of the network, truTV and Star Jones Reynolds have mutually agreed to cease production of the Star Jones show. The final episode of the program is scheduled to appear on Friday, Feb. 1. The Star Jones program, which has aired at 3 p.m. (ET) weekdays, will be replaced by Arrest & Trial.

Star will continue as a contributing legal expert on our weekday IN SESSION trial coverage. We appreciate the work she has contributed over the last few months and look forward to the next phase of our relationship.

We are committed to making ongoing improvements at truTV. We've long said that the launch of truTV would be followed by a gradual evolution in programming. Many existing shows will stay, and some will go, as we decide how to serve our viewers best. We're also launching new programs, such as the recent debuts of The Real Hustle and Ocean Force. Importantly, we remain dedicated to providing trial coverage during our weekday IN SESSION block of programming.

truTV has had a great start since the network replaced Court TV on Jan. 1. We are building on the ratings momentum Court TV established in 2006 and 2007. We expect even better results in the future. I thank everyone for all of their hard work.

Marc Juris

Executive Vice President and General Manager, truTV
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread