+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2776172;
    I had to stop for a moment and think about where I'd seen her. Wasn't she in Ace Ventura as the detective who was really a man?
    She was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Blade Runner, Dune, Fatal Instinct, among others. I haven't seen any of those three movies, so don't know what character she played, though. She was also in Stripes (with Bill Murray), and Wall Street. I saw both of those, but can't remember what she played in them.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

She's not very memorable is she? lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Didn't she play Gordon Gekko's wife in Wall Street? She was also in Dr Jekyll and Mrs Hyde with Tim Daly, which was one of those horrendously awful movies that could rightfully be described as a late night "Sean Young is in it" movie, with the single redeeming characteristic of a nude scene for Tim Daly.

She's best known for being in that LOUSY Kevin Costner film, "No Way Out", which is only so notorious because their two characters have sex in the back of a limo while its being driven around Washington, DC.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2776253;
    She was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Blade Runner, Dune, Fatal Instinct, among others. I haven't seen any of those three movies, so don't know what character she played, though. She was also in Stripes (with Bill Murray), and Wall Street. I saw both of those, but can't remember what she played in them.
    The only thing I remember her in was where she played a robot and I don't remember the name of the movie. Rutger Howard and ......Daryell (sp) hanning (sorry for the spelling errors there)

I liked the movie. She was good in it.

Only other thing I remember her for is flipping out for not getting the Catwoman role that Michelle Pfhifer got (eek my spelling on these names way off but, you get it I'm sure)

She seems like a wacko

I know that is mean. I wish her the best........

Maybe she could go on the next celebrity rehab with Dr. Drew.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

That would have been Blade Runner - good movie, but that was because of Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford.

She has perpetually wanted to be Catwoman. I think she flipped out at that point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2776552;
    That would have been Blade Runner - good movie, but that was because of Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford.

She has perpetually wanted to be Catwoman. I think she flipped out at that point in time.
    thanks schmoo2

That was a really good movie. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to play a robot.

She was a beautiful looking woman. I think she really lacked talent.

p.s I liked No Way Out but, don't really remember her. Gene Hackman stands out more than anyone as Kevin Costner is pretty bad (IMHO)
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2776552;

Actually she wanted to be Vicki Vale first, and HAD the part but had to drop out after she fell off a horse and broke her arm.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nigella Lawson cutting kids out of will
    Posted Jan 29th 2008 5:01PM by Sandy Maple
    Filed under: Celebrity kids, Celebrity parents

Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson knows a thing or two about privileged childhoods. Her father is a former Conservative chancellor and her mother is an heir to the Lyons Corner House restaurant empire. But instead of living a life of leisure with her family money, she went to work. After failing at Oxford University, she took several jobs in publishing and later as a freelance food critic. Eventually, she built her own empire as a celebrity chef and best-selling author of several books, including How to Be a Domestic Goddess.

On her own, Lawson is thought to be worth about £15million. Add that to husband Charles Saatchi's own self-made fortune and the couple is estimated to be worth £110million. One would imagine the couple's three children would pretty much be set for life. One would be wrong.

As they say, you can't take it with you. But you can decide who gets it when you're gone, and Lawson says she has no intention of leaving her fortune to her children. Between them, Lawson and Saatchi have three kids ages 11, 12 and 13. And even though her husband disagrees, Lawson is adamant that her kids won't be living the easy life.

"I am determined that my children should have no financial security. It ruins people not having to earn money," she says. By cutting the kids out of the will, Lawson hopes they will learn that you have to work in order to earn money. Her husband, however, wants to leave the money to the kids. "I think we'll have to agree to disagree," she says.

She isn't saying just where she will leave her money, but she has been very involved with cancer charities after losing her mother, sister and first husband to the disease.

I see her point about hard work and she has every right to do whatever she pleases with her money. But I just can't imagine leaving nothing to the people who mean the most to me.

Nigella Lawson cutting kids out of will - ParentDish
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i think i would leave maybe $10K a year to the kids ... give them enough to have as a bonus, but make them support themselves by working.

+ Reply to Thread