+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4629Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Wow. I am seriously beginning to feel like this is a pattern for 2008. Illness and drug use or past drug use doesn't mix.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Now I hate to say it, but this sounds more like what most likley happened...

This explosive article in the Sunday Mail claims that Michelle Williams broke up with Heath Ledger because of his drug abuse.

A member of the actor's "inner circle" claims that Heath was using heroin and cocaine, in addition to pills, and that his drug problem spiraled out of control recently because he though his ex, Michelle, was gonna request full custody of their daughter, Matilda.

The article also offers up a theory on what led to Ledger's death.

According to his pal, "He was not the type to have killed himself. The way I hear it, he went out the night before, he was doing cocaine, he wasn't able to sleep, and the investigators think he woke up, didn't remember taking sleeping pills and then took what accidentally was an overdose."

We don't know what to make of it all.

Thankfully, the toxicology results will be in within the next few weeks and that should bring some closure to all.

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton

Daily Mail Article:

Drug-taking Heath Ledger was named bad influence as girlfriend 'wanted sole custody of daughter' | the Daily Mail

Makes me hope nothing other than air is going up Mary Kate Olsen's nose.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well, lets just wait and see what the toxicology report shows...

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm;2771028;
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

There's a new post over on TMZ saying that officials believe Heath might just have died from natural causes.

Here's the link: Heath's Death Could Be Natural Causes - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors

It's not common for a 28-year old to die of natural causes, but it does happen. I have a friend who became a single father at 26 when his daughter's mother had a heart attack and died at around 28. No pre-existing condition, no drugs. Sergei Grinkov dropped dead of a heart attack on the ice when he was 28 as well.

If he was dealing with pneumonia and was taking Ambien (or whatever sleep aid) and had some other condition he didn't even know about...who knows?

Whatever caused his death, it's a horrible tragedy. The hateful talk about him by several media figures is just disgusting. I find nothing to joke about or rejoice in when a talented, 28-year old man with a young child loses his life.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I told my husband, "I wonder if he had an aneurism?" Sleeping meds, maybe he took them because his head was aching and couldn't sleep. Guess that would have been caught in the autopsy though, huh?
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Most definitely, as would other physical things, like a heart attack, enlarged heart, etc. I remember when the skater dropped dead on the ice, it was found/stated that he had the heart of an 82 year old man, if I recall correctly. Some conditions have been with people from birth and, unfortunately, the first time they are diagnosed is on the autopsy table. I've lost an acquaintance or two like that. If there was some overt physical cause, I'm sure they would have said so by now, since they are finished with that part of the exam.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2771261;
    I remember when the skater dropped dead on the ice, it was found/stated that he had the heart of an 82 year old man, if I recall correctly.
    Ekaterina Gordeeva's husband, Sergei Grinkov? I think I remember that his father had died around that same age from the same cause...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2771275;
    Ekaterina Gordeeva's husband, Sergei Grinkov? I think I remember that his father had died around that same age from the same cause...
    Thats the one Lois - 1995. Read it in wikipedia
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2771275;
    His father had died of the same heart condition. Athletes at that level are constantly in contact with doctors too. If I recall correctly, he'd been given a stress test (or the equivalent) not that long before he died and they didn't find anything. Sometimes, things like this just happen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread