+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

When I heard about Heath's death, I was shocked to learn that he was only 28. I thought he was about 40. Where did I get that idea?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2770003;
    When I heard about Heath's death, I was shocked to learn that he was only 28. I thought he was about 40. Where did I get that idea?
    I always thought he was older than he was, he has that look about him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

It's kind of like with Mel Gibson when he was in his 20's and early 30's...he always seemed much older to me than his actual age.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2769693;
    ....They commented on how our royal family looked like sluts (the girls) .....
    Apparently they haven't looked in their own backyards. At least half of our own American girls dress and act like sluts now, even before they know what the word means, so if they're so determined to 'improve the world', perhaps they should start from the land beneath their feet and work outward from there.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I reckon they overlooked Lindsay's hit it and quit it marathon in Italy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2770003;
    Same thing, I thought he was older and was very surprised to see he was only 28.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Talk about eerie. I was out karaoke-ing with a bunch of friends last night (like we always do) and there was a guy sitting at the table in front of us that looked almost EXACTLY like Heath Ledger. Right down to the smile. It gave me chills looking at him and I even approached him and told him. He smiled and thanked me for the compliment.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

He always seemed older because of his maturity. He was a wise soul and such an amazing actor.
    Yup, with donuts!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Right, buglover. He certainly was. The silver screen will be smaller for having lost him. RIP Heath.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

For those who remember the high drama a few years ago surrounding Christian and Cheyenne Brando, two of the children of Marlon Brando, this might interest you. Christian Brando died today of complications from pneumonia.

Christian Brando dies at 49
    Posted Jan 26th 2008 5:55PM

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Christian Brando, the troubled eldest son of the late famed actor Marlon Brando, has died from pneumonia at a Los Angeles hospital, an attorney said Saturday. He was 49.

Christian Brando was the eldest son of Hollywood legend Marlon Brando.

Brando died Saturday morning at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, said David Seeley, an attorney representing Marlon Brando's estate.

Seeley said Brando was taken to the hospital on January 11. There are no funeral plans yet scheduled, he added.

"This is a sad and difficult time for the family," Seeley said.

Born May 11, 1958, the younger Brando had small roles in a handful of movies, including 1968's "I Love You, Alice B. Toklas!" but he was better known for his brushes with the law.

He spent five years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter in 1990 for killing his sister's boyfriend, Dag Drollet, at the Brando family's estate.

Brando said he accidentally shot Drollet as they struggled for a gun during an argument over whether Drollet, 26, had beaten Brando's pregnant half-sister, Cheyenne.

Cheyenne, who later gave birth to Drollet's son, committed suicide in 1995 after losing custody. She was 25.

Brando's ex-wife, Deborah Brando, sued him for domestic violence in 2005. She claimed that shortly after their 2004 marriage, Brando repeatedly beat her and threatened to kill her in the presence of her teenage daughter.

Brando countersued, alleging that his ex-wife broke into his home and beat him because he wanted to annul their marriage only 10 weeks after exchanging vows.

The lawsuits were settled last year on undisclosed terms.

Brando was charged January 10, 2005, with two counts of spousal abuse and he pleaded guilty. He was placed on three years' probation and ordered to drug and alcohol rehabilitation as well as a spousal-abuse prevention program.

Brando also was the one-time lover of Bonnie Lee Bakley, who was shot to death in 2001. At one time, Bakley claimed Brando had fathered her child but tests showed it belonged to actor Robert Blake, whom she later married.

Blake was tried for her murder and acquitted but later ordered to pay $30 million in a wrongful death lawsuit. During that civil case, Blake's lawyer suggested Brando was the killer.

Brando, who had denied any involvement, invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination on the stand during the trial.

Seeley said Brando was not married at the time of his death and did not leave any children.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 01-26-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread