+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2769369;
    Free speech is free speech whether or not you have something to say, in my opinion.
    I agree, but there is also something called human decency, and common courtesy - and some people use the 'free speech' card to go WAY beyond what is respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2769403;
    I agree, but there is also something called human decency, and common courtesy - and some people use the 'free speech' card to go WAY beyond what is respectable.

I agree with you as well. I was just commenting on Veruka saying that it is ok as long as you have something to say. Like I said in my original post:

I believe in the right to free speech, but I really wish people would think about the feelings of others. Think what you want, but you don't need to scream it in the face of someone whose loved one has just died. It's despicable.
    I am in no way defending these idiots. When they were threatening to come to my church, I was angry beyond belief. Just because someone has the right to do something doesn't mean they should.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

The right to free speech protects the right to speak out against the government. When two kids want to talk about their weekend plans or what they're wearing to school tomorrow in the middle of algebra class and they're told to be quiet, their right to free speech is not being infringed upon. When a couple wants to talk about where to go to dinner after the movie in the middle of a movie in a crowded theater, people ssshhhing them are not infringing upon their free speech. As I said in my previous post, when Paris Hilton poses in her signature pose on red carpet wanting her "expression" to be noticed, she's communicating, but not really saying anything. Those are the kinds of examples I meant when I said you've got to be saying something.

A right to speak out does not include a right to demand everyone you want to pay attention hears you.

I believe that if the judgement day these people so desperately want finally arrives, they are in for a very rude surprise. I cannot fathom how they can hold their heads up when they make a point to basically desecrate the funeral of children who are accidentally killed, or soldiers who lose their lives fighting for these idiots. Sometimes I find I cannot read about stuff like this, as it makes me feel very sad.

I hope Heath Ledgers loved ones aren't faced with this added burden. Let them grieve in peace.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2769622;
    I believe that if the judgement day these people so desperately want finally arrives, they are in for a very rude surprise. I cannot fathom how they can hold their heads up when they make a point to basically desecrate the funeral of children who are accidentally killed, or soldiers who lose their lives fighting for these idiots. Sometimes I find I cannot read about stuff like this, as it makes me feel very sad.

I hope Heath Ledgers loved ones aren't faced with this added burden. Let them grieve in peace.
    It's impossible to comprehend hatred so intense that it would make a person feel they have the right to spew their hate onto the final farewell of a grieving family.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

What's really sad is that this group will probably go to their graves thinking that they are right.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

A bit of a threadjack...

If I remember correctly the same church also had a website called godhatessweden.com. They commented on how our royal family looked like sluts (the girls) and our prince looked gay. Also, Sweden was heavily affected by the tsunami in 2004, since many Swedes vacation in Thailand. A boy of 6 was seen alive but then presumed kidnapped. On this webiste it was posted "Thank God" that us Swedes lost one of our owns. OK, they can hate Sweden all they want, but to thank God for the kidnapping of a six year old boy, I don't know what to say.

I agree with whomever said fame-whoring. They say he's burning in Hell, why can't that be enough for them? He has a family. He has friends. He has people who care for him. Let them be. If he did anything wrong, in their opinion, everyone's paying for it. No need to disturb people in grief.

Oh I can't wait until Tom Cruise chimes in about how he feels about the whole thing....... You know he could have saved him.......
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2769693;

I agree with whomever said fame-whoring. They say he's burning in Hell, why can't that be enough for them? He has a family. He has friends. He has people who care for him. Let them be. If he did anything wrong, in their opinion, everyone's paying for it. No need to disturb people in grief.
    Because just saying it doesn't get them attention. When they announce they'll be protesting, they get everyone talking about them, including all of us (me included) who have devoted space in this thread to talking about them as the first significant topic other than Heath Ledger in days.

I think the statement that the family released was indeed touching and very sad.

I send prayers to Heath's family, friends, and loved ones, so they can get through this media nightmare as best as one can in these circumstances. I'm glad that everyone will be there for Matilda as she grows up as well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread