+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5271Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Thank you for providing the link, MiaT2. I was having some difficulty.

Wow. What a putz!
    Yup, with donuts!!

What a sad sad thing. I think Heath's death will be remembered in a similar way to James Dean's. His star was going to HUGE after the Dark Knight comes out.

But it also sounds like the role of the Joker took a huge toll on him. Not that he was suicidal, but that he was having trouble sleeping and probably took a combination of medicines that were very unfortunate.

I didn't see it posted but I read that the bill that was rolled up contain no traces of drugs.

I know a lot of attention has been paid to the sleeping meds and anti-anxiety meds, but don't rule out the anti-histamines. Over taking anti-histamines can make the heart race. It could be a factor as well.

My heart goes out to his family. It's hard to lose someone so young, but even harder when the world feels they own a piece of him as well. And I totally agree with the comments about reporting being out of hand. It seems anything these days gets a football field of photographers who just compound things.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

WOW! John Gibson is a total and complete ass!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2768304;
    WOW! John Gibson is a total and complete ass!
    I agree. The guy works really hard to cultivate a curmudgeon personality, and has apparently lost sight of the notion that to be a popular curmudgeon, you haveto draw the lines to remain tasteful.

I heard some radio shows that go more along the lines of comedy than news making jokes about the whole thing yesterday -- but they were focused MUCH more on making fun of the media coverage than the specifics of the death. (for example, one show arranged an interview with a psychologist they'd seen on a TV morning show and did a mock interview with her pretending they wanted advice on how to talk to kids about what had happened). That kind of stuff, I can laugh at this soon. Gibson's attempt at humor? Not so much. Especially since he tries to come off as a news show, doesn't he?

I cannot stand him and cannot support the people who let John Gibson continue to act like that without any remorse whatsoever. That's a complete lack for human dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2767845;
    What a dumbass! Hey, dude is cold to the touch, hmm, who should I call first? Lemme' see. Yeah, I'll just call this dumb chick actress, who is in another state, for advice! Brilliant!
    Some reports label MKO as a "friend" of Heath's, but I think the call kind of reveals that the rumors that she was his most current girlfriend are probably true.

I'm still not clear on all that stuff about who's apartment it was, or how Heath got it, or why Mary Kate was linked to that building at all. Maybe it was just because a doorman saw her there a lot, or something like that.

Wait. While writing this I found...

Why Mary-Kate Olsen was called first | The Daily Telegraph

Why Mary-Kate Olsen was called first

By Gemma Jones and Stefanie Balogh in New York

January 25, 2008 12:00am

THE woman who found a dead or dying Heath Ledger in his New York apartment made two desperate calls to child-star Mary-Kate Olsen before she finally dialled emergency services, it was revealed yesterday.

In a panicked period lasting at least 10 minutes, Ledger's masseuse Diana Wolozin twice phoned Olsen - who was in California - after she found Ledger "cold to the touch" and in obvious need of medical help.

But instead of immediately calling for an ambulance, the masseuse scrolled to Olsen's number on Ledger's mobile telephone and called her to reveal the drama.

New York Daily News have reported that a police source said Wolozin's first call was "for guidance" - she wanted to check with Olsen before doing anything with her movie star client.

"She knows when something goes bad, you call 'insiders' first to see how to handle things," another source said.

Wolozin, who was panicking at the time, probably didn't realise how grave the situation was at the time and was seeking advice on how to handle the delicate situation.

As Ledger's distraught ex-fiancee Michelle Williams returned to New York from Sweden with their daughter Matilda, 2, yesterday, the frantic final minutes of Ledger's life emerged.

Ms Wolozin, 21, phoned Olsen - who authorities yesterday revealed had been involved in a relationship with Ledger - and cried down the phone: "Heath is unconscious, I don't know what to do!"

Olsen, the former Full House star, did not suggest to Ms Wolozin to call 911, instead telling her: "I'm sending my private security there."

In a second and more desperate phone call moments later, Ms Wolozin told Olsen: "I think he may be dead, I'm calling 911," with Olsen telling her: "I already have people coming over."

Police said the desperate emergency call at 3.26pm was made within 15 minutes of Ms Wolozin finding Ledger naked and "unconscious and unresponsive" after a suspected drug overdose.

Ms Wolozin tried in vain to resuscitate Ledger, following instructions from the 911 operator. The paramedics arrived shortly after, briefly trying CPR and shocking Ledger's heart with a defibrillator but the star was pronounced dead at 3.33pm.

Ledger's final hours became clearer yesterday. In possibly his last words, he told his friend Shekhar Kapr on Monday night to call again in the morning to "wake me up".

His housekeeper Teresa Solomon let herself into his sprawling apartment at 12.30pm on Tuesday and saw Ledger snoring in bed at 1pm when she went to change a light bulb in his ensuite.

"The last time I saw him he was lying down on his face," Solomon told The New York Post. "I didn't think anything was wrong. I thought he was sleeping."

Police yesterday said Ledger died between 1pm when Ms Solomon saw him snoring and 2.45pm when Ms Wolozin went into his room and began setting up a massage table before realising he was dead.

To a phalanx of waiting paparazzi, Williams last night returned to the Brooklyn home she had shared with Ledger, clutching Matilda. She held her daughter tight in the passenger seat as her black 4WD pulled up outside the historic brownstone.

It had been an emergency dash back from Sweden for Williams, 27, after learning of the death of Ledger - a man she had fallen for during the filming of Brokeback Mountain in 2005, when they played husband and wife.

Williams and Ledger, 28, never wed but shared a close relationship that included a once-happy family life with Matilda in Brooklyn.

Matilda's footprints and her name are stamped into the concrete outside their Brooklyn home, a reminder of happier times.

Clearly devastated by the loss of Ledger, Williams travelled to New York to be comforted by her mother Carla Williams and other family.

Source: The Daily Telegraph
    So the answer is half "call the girlfriend" and half "spin control". prhoshay's instincts were dead on.

People Mag sez:

Inside Mary-Kate & Heath's Relationship - Heath Ledger, Mary-Kate Olsen : People.com

Inside Mary-Kate & Heath's Relationship

THURSDAY JANUARY 24, 2008 03:30 PM EST

Certainly friends, definitely party pals and maybe more, Heath Ledger and Mary-Kate Olsen first met over the summer of 2006, at the time he was living at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood, PEOPLE has learned.

More recently, "Mary-Kate and Heath were casually dating for three months before Heath's death," a source has told PEOPLE. "They were hooking up, but neither were particularly interested in making it exclusive."

As for what drew the two together, says the source, "They had a bond that was based on partying, and they had the same tastes in partying ... like, in terms of where they liked to hang out in New York, what time they would want to go out. They just had the same sensibility."

At the time of their first becoming acquainted – the summer after Ledger's Oscar nomination for Brokeback Mountain – Ledger and Olsen were spotted together having lunch at the Chateau with a group of friends, and Ledger was described as being charmed by Olsen, who made him laugh as he would scarf down a big meal.

"Mary-Kate made him laugh a lot," an eyewitness recalled.

Both the New York Post and Daily News reported this week that Ledger, 28, and the Olsen twin, 21, were dating.

Linked By a Phone Call
    Whatever their relationship, the two were again linked when reports surfaced that she received two phone calls from masseuse Diana Wolozin, who arrived for an appointment at the actor's New York City apartment on Tuesday only to find him dead in his bedroom.

Wolozin, aware that Ledger and Olsen were friends, used the speed dial on Ledger's cell phone to call Olsen in California to ask for help, sources said. Olsen told the masseuse she would call her security people in New York to assist in the matter.

Things were far more carefree back in the summer of '06, "They were all talking about scripts and telling funny stories about directors and people in the biz," remembers the eyewitness. They also shared something else in common: Both smoked Marlboro Reds.

• By STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN, TIFFANY MCGEE, DAVID CAPLAN, ALYSSA SHELASKY
    In Hollywood terms it sounds reasonably harmless (assuming you discount the fact that back in the Summer of '06 Ledger had a fiancee he'd had a baby with hanging around--still the rumors don't have them actually dating till' late '07).
    Last edited by Krom; 01-24-2008 at 07:05 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I agree Krom. MK's and Heath's connection seems relatively a harmless one. What I'm not liking about this entire tragedy is the constant media speculation and hype around it. I was actually sick to my stomach when I was flipping through channels yesterday and I happened to see a moment of an enterntainment show where they were showing the police removing Heath's body from the apartment. I was disgusted that the paparazzi would be so disrespectful.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A very sad part of all this is that his daughter will not remember him, and will only have what she is told to remember him by. The good part about her being 2 is that she will not remember all of the confusion surrounging her right now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

And here is John Gibson's response to the reaction to what he said. Sure doesn't sound like he is sorry about what he said.

FOXNews.com - The Tragic Death of Heath Ledger - The Big Story w/ Gibson and Nauert

FOXNews.com - The Tragic Death of Heath Ledger - The Big Story w/ Gibson and Nauert
    The Tragic Death of Heath Ledger
    Thursday , January 24, 2008
    By John Gibson

I have received comments regarding remarks I made on my radio show the other
    night after the shocking death of Heath Ledger.
    I'm sorry that some gay groups and others took my comments as anti-gay and
    insensitive.
    I'm aware that Ledger has a family and many fans, who were grief-stricken by his
    sudden death. As I speak, a crowd is gathering at the funeral home where
    Ledger's services will be held.
    Those who knew him say he was a good actor and a loving dad and what happened to
    him was terrible, but was evidently an accident.
    Once again, to anyone offended by my comments, I'm sorry. But I'm also sorry
    that Heath Ledger is no longer alive and with us.
    And that is My Word.

+ Reply to Thread