+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3911Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Here's a story that we can at least feel a little better for having read.

Heath and Matilda Leave Footprints in Brooklyn - Heath Ledger : People.com

Heath and Matilda Leave Footprints in Brooklyn

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23, 2008 02:40 PM EST

By Beth Perry

Photo by: Brad Barket / GettyHeath and Matilda Leave Footprints in Brooklyn | Heath Ledger
    As friends, family and colleagues talk about the imprint Heath Ledger left on their lives, his neighbors said the 28-year-old actor left something even more permanent in Brooklyn – with a little help from his daughter Matilda.

Roger Lang, who lived across the street from Ledger and Michelle Williams during the then-couple's time in Brooklyn, tells PEOPLE it was Ledger who put the markings in wet cement near the fire hydrant in front of their house. "The Matilda thing in the sidewalk with the footprints, he did that about two years ago," Lang says. "It was a secret. It was a fun thing. He did it as a surprise for his family."

The 2-year-old's name is perpendicular to the word HUGO, which is the name of a neighbor's dog. On Wednesday some carnations wrapped in plastic were placed near the spot.

Adds Lang: "He was full of life. He'd call my father Matey. 'Hi Matey.' Because he was in World War II. They're great people and it's very tragic. They loved Brooklyn. They wanted to be a part of the neighborhood."

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2766788;
    I have looked all over and wish I could find the exact quote but people aren't quoting the whole thing. They stop at he could die now and would live on because of his daughter. The rest of it is that he doesn't want to die because he wants to watch his daughter grow up. What I got out of it was if he died part of him would still live but he wasn't ready to die. Elisabeth read the quote word for word, I wish I knew where she got it.

I think it is the press making an issue out of a non-issue.
    dagwood... tmz has a video of the interview with that quote in it. Here you go
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thanks, Broadway. After listening to it it still doesn't say to me that he wanted to die. It sounded to me like he felt that he is a part of her and therefore will always be around.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Even though Michelle Williams is the mother of his child, my first thought was about Naomi Watts. They were a couple for a long time and I'm sure she is taking this pretty hard too.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2767127;
    Even though Michelle Williams is the mother of his child, my first thought was about Naomi Watts. They were a couple for a long time and I'm sure she is taking this pretty hard too.
    I thought about her, too. I heard on the news this morning that she was informed while at the Sundance Film festival, and understandably broke into tears upon hearing the sad news.

The Associated Press: First Call After Ledger Was Found: Olsen

First Call After Ledger Was Found: Olsen

By TOM HAYS – 1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) — A massage therapist who discovered a lifeless Heath Ledger in his Manhattan apartment made her first call to Mary-Kate Olsen, according to an in-depth timeline police released Wednesday of the moments surrounding the Australian-born actor's death.

Police said Ledger probably died sometime between 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday of what authorities say may be an accidental drug overdose.

Authorities found six types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe, where Ledger had been filming recently.

Ledger's housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at his apartment with her own key and let herself in. At 1 p.m., she went to his bedroom to change a light bulb, and saw Ledger sleeping and heard him snoring. She left the room without thinking anything was wrong.

At 2:45 p.m., massage therapist Diana Wolozin showed up for her appointment with Ledger, who didn't answer when she knocked on his door. She then tried to call him on his cell phone, but again got no response. She went into the bedroom, set up her massage table and again tried to wake Ledger.

Wolozin told police that Ledger was cold to the touch, but that she assumed he was just unconscious. She grabbed his cell phone and called Mary Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into the phone. Wolozin knew that the "Full House" star and Ledger were friends, and she asked Olsen for advice on what she should do next.

Olsen, who also lives in Manhattan but was in California at the time, responded by saying she would send over her private security guards to help deal with the situation. In the ensuing moments, Wolozin realized that Ledger might be dead. She called Olsen again, then called 911.

The emergency operator provided Wolozin directions on how to do CPR, but it was too late.

Paramedics arrived minutes later — at about the same time as Olsen's security guards.

Messages left at telephone numbers listed for Wolozin and Solomon were not returned Wednesday.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She grabbed his cell phone and called Mary Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into the phone. Wolozin knew that the "Full House" star and Ledger were friends, and she asked Olsen for advice on what she should do next.
    What a dumbass! Hey, dude is cold to the touch, hmm, who should I call first? Lemme' see. Yeah, I'll just call this dumb chick actress, who is in another state, for advice! Brilliant!

Are these people retarded? First call should be to 911, not to anyone else. Why didn't the dumb masseuse even attempt CPR?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

...There were six different types of prescription drugs in the room, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, and an antihistamine, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

A rolled-up $20 bill was found on the floor near the bed, but New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said lab tests found nothing to indicate the bill had been used to snort drugs. Police also said no illegal drugs were found in the apartment....
    Tests on Heath Ledger to take days - Yahoo! News
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2767845;
    What a dumbass! Hey, dude is cold to the touch, hmm, who should I call first? Lemme' see. Yeah, I'll just call this dumb chick actress, who is in another state, for advice! Brilliant!

Are these people retarded? First call should be to 911, not to anyone else. Why didn't the dumb masseuse even attempt CPR?
    People do stupid things in a panic. Once when I was woken up in the middle of the night by a flying squirrel in my bedroom, my first response was to call my mother (several states away) to find out what to do. Was it logical? Absolutely not. But in the immediate panic of an emergency such as finding someone dead in his bed, logic and reason often times fly out the window.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2767845;

in a state of panic, many people lose their train of thoughts

+ Reply to Thread