+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2766615;
    I also heard him say in an interview that it was a "catch 22" situation for him, regarding if he were to die. That's what puzzles me. He sounded as if he were ready to die, even saying that he didn't fear it because he'll live on in Matilda. But he didn't explain what the "catch 22" was.
    In the interview I saw where he was discussing that he said he will always live on as a piece of his daughter, which gives him more peace about dying, but the Catch 22 is that you want to be alive and there for her whole life.
    Wag more, bark less

Not that this necessarily means anything, per se, but I just saw the following:

Police Chief: Rolled Up $20 Bill Found at Ledger's Apt.

A rolled-up $20 bill was found near Heath Ledger's body, NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said during a press conference Wednesday the same day an autopsy on the young actor came back inconclusive.

Kelly admitted that "no testing has been done for narcotics at this time" on the bill, but it's something the police are looking at. He also refused to elaborate on what drugs were found in the Brokeback Mountain star's apartment only saying, "some of them were sleeping pills, in essence, and some other drugs there as well. ... We are going to wait for the toxicology report."

Meanwhile, Ledger's body has been released to a New York City funeral home. Arrangements have not been disclosed.

According to WCBS-TV's Web site, found in the actor's apartment, besides the prescription sleeping medicine mentioned by police shortly after the discovery of the body, was the $20 bill.

The station also reported that several packets containing an unknown substance were also inside the Soho apartment where Ledger was discovered Tuesday.

The TV report stressed that it is not known whether Ledger, 28, owned the substances in question or if he even ingested them.

Asked by PEOPLE about the TV report, police spokesman Det. Ryan Sessa said he cannot confirm or deny it.
    Police Chief: Rolled Up $20 Bill Found at Ledger's Apt. - Heath Ledger : People.com

I know we shouldn't jump to conclusions but a rolled up bill? That's for cocain use normally. It could have been someone else's that was left there though.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Heath's death is just a tragedy. Plain and simple. So young, talented, with so much ahead of him. Williams and her daughter must be in shock.

Whatever the cause of death, I think it's sad that he died alone and wasn't able to get help.

Also, I think it's just terrible how the media puts in details that aren't necessary for the public. As in "he was found naked". Good grief. Give the man some respect. Just leave it at he was found dead in his apartment.

May he rest in peace.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2766615;
    I feel sadder today than I did yesterday. It can't be determined if it were an intentional or accidental death as of yet. I heard Elizabeth Hasselbeck on The View quote him, regarding a comment he made about dying, and how he'll live on in his daughter. I also heard him say in an interview that it was a "catch 22" situation for him, regarding if he were to die. That's what puzzles me. He sounded as if he were ready to die, even saying that he didn't fear it because he'll live on in Matilda. But he didn't explain what the "catch 22" was. I took it that it could mean, "I'm ready to die, but now I have a child, which is why I'm ready to die, but I shouldn't die because she needs a Dad".

I have looked all over and wish I could find the exact quote but people aren't quoting the whole thing. They stop at he could die now and would live on because of his daughter. The rest of it is that he doesn't want to die because he wants to watch his daughter grow up. What I got out of it was if he died part of him would still live but he wasn't ready to die. Elisabeth read the quote word for word, I wish I knew where she got it.

I think it is the press making an issue out of a non-issue.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think so too dagwood. They are finding things to make a story.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2766788;
    I have looked all over and wish I could find the exact quote but people aren't quoting the whole thing. They stop at he could die now and would live on because of his daughter. The rest of it is that he doesn't want to die because he wants to watch his daughter grow up. What I got out of it was if he died part of him would still live but he wasn't ready to die. Elisabeth read the quote word for word, I wish I knew where she got it.

I think it is the press making an issue out of a non-issue.
    The original quote came from a junket interview that Heath did with WJW, the Fox affiliate in Cleveland. As you said, he was talking about the way that being a parent changes your perspective on life -- that if you died, you'd live on through your child so you are okay with dying in that regard. However, your child gives you so much to live for, and you want to be on earth to see each day of your child's life. It was FAR from an expression of desiring suicide.

Apparently they've released some names of medications found:

Medicines Found in Heath's Apartment
    Posted Jan 23rd 2008 3:00PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has confirmed two of the medications found at Heath Ledger's apartment were Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs. Cops also found Ambien, along with several medications prescribed in Europe.
    Yup, with donuts!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2766795;
    The original quote came from a junket interview that Heath did with WJW, the Fox affiliate in Cleveland. As you said, he was talking about the way that being a parent changes your perspective on life -- that if you died, you'd live on through your child so you are okay with dying in that regard. However, your child gives you so much to live for, and you want to be on earth to see each day of your child's life. It was FAR from an expression of desiring suicide.
    Absolutely. The use of the phrase "catch 22" is what puzzled me while watching the interview. It is a wonderful thing for a person to be at peace with the thought of their own death, especially someone so young, but that doesn't mean they want to die. I'm sure it hardly ever means they want to die. So the "catch 22" doesn't fit into that outlook. I just questioned it because I hope he wasn't tormented. I guess after Owen Wilson, it's just clear that we can never know what goes on in the mind of someone who, to all outward appearances, has everything to live for.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2766766;
    Heath's death is just a tragedy. Plain and simple. So young, talented, with so much ahead of him. Williams and her daughter must be in shock.

Whatever the cause of death, I think it's sad that he died alone and wasn't able to get help.

Also, I think it's just terrible how the media puts in details that aren't necessary for the public. As in "he was found naked". Good grief. Give the man some respect. Just leave it at he was found dead in his apartment.

May he rest in peace.
    exactly. the media is just out of order these days. anything to sell

+ Reply to Thread