+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4624Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2766280;
    Yes Heath was a talented actor and I feel sad for his daughter. Maybe when stars are held to the same accountability as other people when they use drugs they won't just get to go to "movie star" rehab and then get out only to use again and die. Perhaps if he had been dealt with earlier in his life when he abused them then he might just be alive today.

It won't be a surprise if Owen, Collin, Lindsay, Brittany, Amy Winehouse and the rest end up the same way.
    If the gossip reports about Heath are true, I don't think you can say he wasn't held to the same level of accountability. The gossip says that he was a recreational drug user. The gossip also says that the reason for his breakup with Michele Williams was his drug use. There are many "regular joe" recreational drug users who face the break-up of their families as a consequence of their drug use.

There is so little known about the truth over whether or not Heath was a drug user, and if so to what extent. There are rumors that he went through rehab, but again, no facts are known. Without such factual information, I don't know how it can be summized that he was not held accountable for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by breezez_air;2766164;
    I don't know why but not only do I feel sad, I feel angry. Whenever a celebrity dies of a drug related death it always angers me for some reason. I'm not saying I don't have sympathy at all for what he might've been going though, but I think there are other ways dealing with your problems, no matter how severe they are.
    You should save your anger until they determine whether it was intentional or accidental. IF it turns out he was abusing drugs then get angry that his actions have deprived his daughter of a lifetime with her father. BUT if this was just a tragic accident, then I don't think there is any cause for anger. The media likes to speculate the worst in these cases. There has been no factual determination yet of what happened in this particular circumstance.

ETA: No matter what the autopsy determines, I think is is truly sad to lose such a young actor with so much potential. It is even sadder that his young daughter will be growing up without him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2766288;
    You should save your anger until they determine whether it was intentional or accidental. IF it turns out he was abusing drugs then get angry that his actions have deprived his daughter of a lifetime with her father. BUT if this was just a tragic accident, then I don't think there is any cause for anger. The media likes to speculate the worst in these cases. There has been no factual determination yet of what happened in this particular circumstance.

ETA: No matter what the autopsy determines, I think is is truly sad to lose such a young actor with so much potential. It is even sadder that his young daughter will be growing up without him.
    THANK YOU! Thank you for saying what I was just about to type. To the people who are automatically jumping on the suicide bandwagon. We don't know exactly what happened yet. Not every overdose you hear about is intentional. Heath had said that since he did the role of the Joker for The Dark Knight, he had had a lot of trouble sleeping. Since the pills he was taking weren't working, his doctor obviously must've had to prescribe something stronger. It's very easy, when you're taking a pill that makes you sleepy, to forget. My brother-in-law had a situation like that once. He's on a prescription that can make you kind of "loopy". He forgot that he had already taken his dosage a couple of hours before and took another one. Luckily, it wasn't a dangerous overdose and he's fine. I will not pass judgement on Heath for what happened. I won't bring up another celebrity who died just last year where people were condemning and judging him but I will say the same thing I said then. It's not for us to judge Heath for what happened. Especially since we don't know ALL THE FACTS yet! Until the autopsy comes back today and tells us exactly what happened, let's not automatically scream suicide, please?! Okay, rant over.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour
    i add experienced that, it horrible. i will not be surprised if it's actually an overdose of sleep medecine. INSOMNIA is just plain horrible

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2766326;
    i add experienced that, it horrible. i will not be surprised if it's actually an overdose of sleep medecine. INSOMNIA is just plain horrible
    Yes and again we need to clarify the probability of it being accidental instead of an intentional suicide.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2766244;
    I think that the BEST ever ending for a tv show was the ending of Newhart where he wakes up in bed with "Emily" and tells her he had a strange dream where he was an innkeeper in Vermont and she should wear more sweaters.
    I agree, mrd And telling Emily she should wear more sweaters was hilarious all by itself! (for those who don't remember, Bob's wife in Newhart was played by the lovely Mary Frann, who was known for her wearing/and love of sweaters all the time in the show... they enhanced her, um, bosom and she was quite sexy in them, hence Bob's comment to Emily that she should wear more sweaters. Shortly after that, Suzanne mentioned in an interview on the Tonight show that the idea for Bob to say that came from Suzanne and Mary themselves, as they were great friends in real life.

This was probably the biggest surprise in a tv series, and certainly was heads and tails better than Bobby's shower scene season opener in Dallas where it turns out the entire previous season had been a dream Pam was having.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

My boyfriend heard the news about Heath on the radio yesterday and called home to tell me about it. I was totally stunned. He was a very fine actor. He had such promise and it saddens me that it might have been cut short by drugs. I keep hoping that it was indeed an accidental overdose of a drug he was properly prescribed. My thoughts are with his family and little girl.

My sympathies to Miss Filangi as well, wherever you are. I know she was a huge fan and we immediately thought of her when we heard the news.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I've heard he had pneumonia. If that's true, those pills could have easily been too much for his heart to handle. He probably didn't know it. Very sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I feel sadder today than I did yesterday. It can't be determined if it were an intentional or accidental death as of yet. I heard Elizabeth Hasselbeck on The View quote him, regarding a comment he made about dying, and how he'll live on in his daughter. I also heard him say in an interview that it was a "catch 22" situation for him, regarding if he were to die. That's what puzzles me. He sounded as if he were ready to die, even saying that he didn't fear it because he'll live on in Matilda. But he didn't explain what the "catch 22" was. I took it that it could mean, "I'm ready to die, but now I have a child, which is why I'm ready to die, but I shouldn't die because she needs a Dad". I saw his brave family on the news this morning, and they are certain he would never have taken his life. They would know best, but then again, sometimes family knows the least.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, or promote gossip, or jump on band wagons, I'm just a fan who feels really bad for him and his family. We can't put "suicide" into it at this time, we can't put "accidental" into it at this time, but we can put "drugs". I had a friend who had terrible allergies, and a drinking problem. She was found dead at age 39. To this day, some people believe she committed suicide, whereas I know she would never have done that. She screwed up. She mixed too much medication with too much alcohol, and she lost her life. I know if she could have seen ten hours into the future, she would have put down whatever was in her hand. I hope that if the toxicology report is "inconclusive" as well, that the world will give Heath the benefit of the doubt, and remember his death as a tragic accident.

His friends and family don't feel he killed himself. They truly feel he just accidentally died from his medications.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread