+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3913Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I was so shocked to learn of Heath's death. He was brilliant in "Brokeback Mountain" but I really liked him in "10 Things I Hate About You". It's very sad to think that such a very talented, and very young person is gone.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I woke up and saw that there is a message in my phone; my cousin crying about Heath Ledger's death. I wasn't really shocked at all. I have never been a great fan of his, so maybe that's why. but instantly after reading that message I thought "why he died?". sleeping pills, not surprising, last time I heard someone dying on those was 2 months ago and back then it was Hawthorne Height's guitar player.

but R.I.P. Heath, you'll be missed.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

That was definatley the shock of the morning. I really enjoyed his performance in 10 things I hate about you and I've been wanting to see Brokeback Mountain, but never gotten around to it. It'll probably have to wait for a while now.

It's always sad when someone so young dies, especially when children are involved. I hope for the best for his family.

It really hurt me hearing about Heath, I thought he was an amazing actor and was at the beginning of a stronger and lasting career. His death shocked me and I thought people were lieing to me. Next thing you know it, I turn on the tv and on the news you see his body being taken away. That really hurt me and my stomach still hurts seeing that. I feel like crying typing this post, I hope his loved ones are coping and I hope hes resting in peace now. I loved you Heath, you were amazing and a great actor and I hope your resting in peace.

It's just so shocking to know he really is gone.
    omg, stunning~*~.

Blessings on your head, Heath Ledger and your family is in my thoughts.

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar

I heard it on Perez Hilton last night and thought it was a joke. Then my friend heard literally about 5 minutes later and thought it may be some sick twisted promotion for 'The Dark Night'.
    I don't know why but not only do I feel sad, I feel angry. Whenever a celebrity dies of a drug related death it always angers me for some reason. I'm not saying I don't have sympathy at all for what he might've been going though, but I think there are other ways dealing with your problems, no matter how severe they are.
    It just seemed to happen too quickly for him
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2765799;
    Not sure who the other guy is, though. Allen Melvin?
    Allen Melvin was one of the best character actors of the tv age, with a face that could express every possible funny or serious emotion and look. Arguably one of the best 'second banana' actors in any series. He's one of those guys that you may not always remember his name, but once you saw the face, you recognized him immediately.

I think my favorite scenes of his were from the Dick Van Dyke show, but he was just memorable in everything he was in... even his Kellog's Sugar Frosted Flakes commercials
    Last edited by Nemeses; 01-23-2008 at 04:36 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2766171;
    Allen Melvin was one of the best character actors of the tv age, with a face that could express every possible funny or serious emotion and look. Arguably one of the best 'second banana' actors in any series. He's one of those guys that you may not always remember his name, but once you saw the face, you recognized him immediately.

I think my favorite scenes of his were from the Dick Van Dyke show, but he was just memorable in everything he was in... even his Kellog's Sugar Frosted Flakes commercials
    Let's not foget that he was the voice of Magilla Gorilla also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I saw an interview with actress Marcia Wallace from the Bob Newhart show and it just made me want to cry. She and Suzanne Pleshette were apparantly really good friends.

I think that the BEST ever ending for a tv show was the ending of Newhart where he wakes up in bed with "Emily" and tells her he had a strange dream where he was an innkeeper in Vermont and she should wear more sweaters.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic

Yes Heath was a talented actor and I feel sad for his daughter. Maybe when stars are held to the same accountability as other people when they use drugs they won't just get to go to "movie star" rehab and then get out only to use again and die. Perhaps if he had been dealt with earlier in his life when he abused them then he might just be alive today.

It won't be a surprise if Owen, Collin, Lindsay, Brittany, Amy Winehouse and the rest end up the same way.

+ Reply to Thread