+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

oh my god, not him!!! not him!!!

Oh my God. I was totally shocked when I heard of his death. Rest In Peace, Heath. My prayers are with his little girl.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I am sorry I will never condone a parent not doing everything in their power to live for their child/ren. Rest in peace, but what a complete waste of a life, and that poor child.

I am shocked.

Breaking News-- story is developing further
    Heath Ledger Found Dead
    TUESDAY JANUARY 22, 2008 06:45 PM EST UPDATED

Attachment 23117

Heath Ledger was found dead at his Manhattan residence Tuesday, a police spokesman confirms. He was 28.

Ledger was found in the bedroom of his Soho apartment around 3:30 p.m. by his housekeeper and a masseuse who had arrived for an appointment with the actor, according to the Associated Press and New York Times.

Ledger, who was in bed, did not respond when they shook him, and the housekeeper called 911. He was pronounced dead at 3:45 p.m.

Authorities said they did not suspect foul play but that pills were found near the body.

"There were some drugs found around the body – prescription type drugs," a police spokesman tells PEOPLE. It's still unclear whether the death was accidental.

A medical examiner removed Ledger's body from the apartment just before 6:30 p.m. ET.

Despite initial reports that Ledger was subletting the apartment from Mary-Kate Olsen, reps for the actress denied that Olsen ever owned or lived in the apartment.

Ledger was last spotted publicly in London on Saturday on the set of Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Photos showed Ledger wearing a clown costume. Other pictures of Ledger out of costume show him with long brown hair and a dark goatee.

Ledger's apartment building
    Attachment 23118

Oscar Nomination & A Baby Girl
    The Perth, Australia, native was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for 2005's Brokeback Mountain, on whose set he met – and began a romantic relationship with – Michelle Williams. Theirs was described by others on the film as love at first sight. (PHOTOS: See a complete timeline and photos from his life.)

Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger with Matilda in 2006
    Attachment 23119

Their daughter, Matilda Rose, was born in New York on Oct. 28, 2005. Ledger and Williams, who shared a brownstone together in Brooklyn, split in September 2007.

Ledger began his acting career in 1996, when he was 17, in an Australian TV series called Sweat.

In August 2006, Warner Bros. announced that Ledger would play the Joker in The Dark Knight, a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins.

Heath Ledger Found Dead - Heath Ledger : People.com
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I dunno.

There were reports he was still alive and in coronary arrest when the EMTs showed up.

Anyone know if prescription sleeping pills can do that?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I think that for me personally, I'm giong to quit listening to the reports about his death for a day or so now. There are just too many rumors being reported as fact. I'm listening to a movie critic right now talking about an interview he did with Heath, and trying to imply that answers given in the movie gave hints as to what happened today. Too many people are claiming to be experts. The police are the experts I trust right now, and they're going to need some time to look at things before they are able to tell the public the true story.

Whatever happened and why it happened doesn't really matter to me. It's just horribly sad. He was a lovely young man and seemed to have a long career ahead of him. I feel so sorry for his little girl, it's never fair to lose a parent at such a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2765407;
    I dunno.

There were reports he was still alive and in coronary arrest when the EMTs showed up.

Anyone know if prescription sleeping pills can do that?
    I hadn't heard that yet. But the people that I did watch indicated that over the counter sleeping pills normally just make you sick.. not overdose.

One sad thing that I heard from one of the entertainment reporters being interviewed on CNN was that Heath Ledger had spoken openly about the fact that playing The Joker took its toll on him, as he found it very difficult to deal with the fact that he is just such a demonic, soulless character. It is well known that HL really gets himself into character and, as a result, he was having a very difficult time with sleeping. As of a couple of months ago he indicated that he had tried Ambien but it wasn't helping him. So who knows what he had moved onto next or to what level.

He has been making the rounds at the NYC bars... being seen drinking and hitting on models like Helena Christensen. But drinking doesn't always translate into drugs so I am not making that correllation.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MRD

How sad. I loved him in The Patriot. It's one of my favorite movies.

What a terrible thing and terrible for his family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Rest in peace, Heath. I was shocked to hear this on the radio this afternoon. I will miss the performances that could've been.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread