+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5069Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I am completely floored by the news about Heath Leadger. My friends and I were just discussing at brunch Sunday, how we cannot wait to see him in the Dark Knight.

Wow. Just wow. I feel so bad for his baby girl.

The pills found around Heath Ledger were over-the-counter sleeping pills, according to the most recent CNN update. Also, the apartment he was found in was not his apartment, but belonged to Mary-Kate Olsen, of the Olsen twins.

It's entirely possible that if his death was related to taking these, it could have been just accidental. Even OTC drugs can be dangerous to some people under the wrong circumstances, and he could have had other medical problems that the public wasn't aware of.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 01-22-2008 at 06:31 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I've been a fan of his ever since I saw him in 10 Things I Hate About You. I really thought he was one of the stars who had their act together (if it turns out to be an overdose) .

ETA: Has the new Batman movie finished filming? If not, I wonder if they will recast his role entirely.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.

This is just heartbreaking - I am sitting here in utter disbelief. I am shocked at how depressed he must have been and so very sad for his daughter, Matilda. My prayers and condolences to the family.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I am just stunned. Just as I was when he and Michelle split. How heartbreaking for his daughter. My prayers to all.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2765205;
    I've heard of him, but not familliar with who he was. I've never seen any of his movies. That's sad! He was too young to die!
    He had just completed the highest profile role of his life--playing the Joker in the new Batman movie. And was reportedly VERY good in it. Arguably he was due for the biggest career surge of his life--a move to the Hollywood "A" list.

He'd at least flirted with the A list being nominated for an Oscar for "Brokeback Mountain". He was also in some other relatively well known films: "A Knight's Tale", "The Patriot" and "Monster's Ball".

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2765223;
    The pills found around Heath Ledger were over-the-counter sleeping pills, according to the most recent CNN update. Also, the apartment he was found in was not his apartment, but belonged to Mary-Kate Olsen, of the Olsen twins.
    Given her own history in recent years, I bet there's going to be a real shakeup until its clear if the pills belonged to Heath, or her.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-22-2008 at 07:01 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Just heard on the news that it was an accidental overdose. So sad, he was a brilliant young actor. The work he leaves behind will forever attest to that.

I heard that he had a substance problem but was clean for a year. And the pills were over the counter sleeping pills. Not sure how accurate this info is. Also he was not at Mary kate Olsen's apt.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2765223;
    Just out of curiosity... what's your source for that? I can't find ANYTHING online yet that supports this.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2765266;
    ......... Also he was not at Mary kate Olsen's apt.
    It has been confirmed by the building supervisor as they spoke to him live on CNN that the apartment he was found in did indeed belong to Mary-Kate Olsen, although Mary-Kate herself is currently at the Sundance Film Festival. It may turn out otherwise, but until the building supervisor is corrected or contradicted, that's the official story. They are also reporting that she may have sublet it.

And, as always with a story breaking as we speak, information can change from minute to minute, but that is what is being reported live at the moment.

ETA: As I mentioned above, as with all breaking stories, details change from minute to minute. The NYTimes is now retracting their story that the apartment was owned by Mary-Kate Olson. Their newest update is that it was owned by her but that she has either sublet it or recently sold it, or that her apartment is the one next door. The only thing that's been consistent in this part of the story so far is that he was not in one of the two homes he owns in NYC.

And again, all details subject to change at any minute as the story develops....
    Last edited by Nemeses; 01-22-2008 at 07:13 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread