+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I was just coming to post this. This is one that is truly surprising. Though, judging by some reports, it shouldn't be if you've been following his life/troubles/career.

Still, utterly shocked.

I am completely shocked. I will say for me at least, this came out of nowhere. I'm such a fan, now I will have to suck up my fear of clowns and see Batman, although it will be with much sadness. He's had me since he sang to Julia Stiles on that soccer field in 10 Things I Hate About You.

His poor baby girl.
    Wag more, bark less

I don't really like or dislike Heath Ledger, to be honest I would have trouble picking him out of a dozen cookie-cutter actor types of that age group these days, but it's always sad when someone who apparently had a lot going for him at the time suddenly is gone.

Update.... watching CNN, they've updated their story on him to report the pills he was surrounded with were sleeping pills, they still aren't clear on how many were laying around. They're saying when the paramedics were called, he was still alive when they got there, but he was in full cardiac arrest when they arrived, performed CPR, and they were not able to revive him, and he was pronounced dead at the scene from a possible drug overdose.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 01-22-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I've heard of him, but not familliar with who he was. I've never seen any of his movies. That's sad! He was too young to die!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I too am completely shocked and saddened. Hopefully, this will be a wake-up call to young Hollywood about the dangers of drug use. I am saddened for his little daughter and his family.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I liked his movies and it seemed like he had it together. I'm very sad for his family. How sad.

I was so floored by this! I really never saw it coming. And I was madly in love with Heath Ledger, too. My heart is breaking over this.
    So long sweet Heath! RIP You will be missed by many.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

What?! I love Heath Ledger...this is awful.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

May God be with him and his little daughter.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The more and more we hear about hollywood's youth, the more it seems like they're almost all plagued by some trouble or another. There are very few who seem to be able to handle the life without such difficulties. It's so sad.

+ Reply to Thread