+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5274Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2756037;
    speaking of ... i heard on the radio today that the cause of death for ike turner has been confirmed ... drug overdose. at 76 years of age.
    76 years and doing coke ? Are you kidding me? WTF

FORT Regular

Eddie certainly does seem to have issues with women and responsibility. Luckily for Tracey, she can get out now before anything is legal.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;2756709;
    76 years and doing coke ? Are you kidding me? WTF
    Age does not stop people with a long history of addiction problems.

My oldest brother turned 60 in Nov. and I'm sure celebrated by smoking crack like he's been doing for the past 20 or so years. BTW, last time I saw him which was 2 years ago, he looked 70 or so then.

I dont think anyone that does drugs thinks that anything will happen to them or they wouldn't do it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's sort of like people who smoke cigarettes I suppose. Some of them will live to a ripe old age while others will get various diseases and die from them early on. It just depends on the person which sort of sucks because alot of ignorant people think just because one person can live to old age means they can abuse their bodies and hope to do the same.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Aw I just read Pam Anderson is no longer pregnant and will be divorcing her husband for sure. Time for a new hubby! The story is at TMZ.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

She marries people the way most people date - for a few months to get to know them and then gives them the boot when she decides she doesn't like them. Wonder how many husbands she'll go through before she's through. Or how many more men would actually want to marry her. Yuck.

Also at TMZ, it sounds like Sienna Miller is being blamed for the break-up of Sean Penn and his wife's marriage so she's suing the New York Daily News for posting something along those lines. This is the first speculation I've heard as to what the reason might be for the break-up. Wasn't Sienna the "other woman" when Jude Law was married? I'm not saying that means she's automatically guilty in this newest instance, just wondering aloud is all.

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp the actor, and when I read this today I'm now a big fan of Johnny Depp the man. Not only did he give money to the hospital that saved his daughter's life, but he gave his time as well. Apparently, one of the good guys.

Johnny Depp's Big Donation

Johnny Depp is giving back in a big way.

A day after winning a Golden Globe, the Pirates of the Caribbean star on Monday gave a bundle of his own doubloons, $2 million worth, to London's Great Ormond Street Hospital as thanks to the staff who saved his daughter's life.

Per Britain's Daily Mail, the 43-year-old Depp also made a surprise visit to the facility to personally thank the doctors and nurses.

The star's eight-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, was hospitalized in March after an E. coli poisoning reportedly caused her kidneys to fail.

Depp and his longtime companion and Lily-Rose's mom, Vanessa Paradis, put their lives on hold (including filming of Sweeney Todd) for a bedside vigil. Fortunately, after intensive treatment, the child's health gradually improved, and she was able to go home nine days later.

Depp and Paradis also have a six-year-old son, Jack.

As an extra thank-you, Depp reportedly invited Lily-Rose's five doctors and nurses to last month's London premiere party for Sweeney.

And in a gesture that undoubtedly put a smile on every sick kids' face, Depp also secretly turned up at Great Ormond Nov. 29 and entertained its young patients with bedtime stories in the guise of Captain Jack Sparrow. (He even had his costume flown in from Los Angeles for the occasion.)

Lily-Rose apparently caught a virulent strain of the bacterium at a rented mansion in Richmond, Surrey, where the family was holed up while he was filming the big-screen adaptation of the Stephen Sondheim musical at nearby Pinewood Studios.

Burton halted production on Sweeney until Depp could return.

Depp told Entertainment Weekly in a recent interview that the experience was the most terrifying moment of his life.

"To say it was the darkest moment, that's nothing," he said. "It doesn't come close to describing it. Words are so small."

He also added that he wasn't sure whether he'd be able to make it back to the Sweeney set and suggested Burton consider recasting the role.

As it turned out, Depp did resume work on the movie, which on Sunday earned him his first Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.

Johnny Depp's Big Donation - Yahoo! News
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Johnny. I love that story, AJane! Tom Cruise only wishes he was half as cool.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2759993;
    I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp the actor, and when I read this today I'm now a big fan of Johnny Depp the man. Not only did he give money to the hospital that saved his daughter's life, but he gave his time as well. Apparently, one of the good guys.

Johnny Depp's Big Donation

Johnny Depp is giving back in a big way.

A day after winning a Golden Globe, the Pirates of the Caribbean star on Monday gave a bundle of his own doubloons, $2 million worth, to London's Great Ormond Street Hospital as thanks to the staff who saved his daughter's life.

Per Britain's Daily Mail, the 43-year-old Depp also made a surprise visit to the facility to personally thank the doctors and nurses.

The star's eight-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, was hospitalized in March after an E. coli poisoning reportedly caused her kidneys to fail.

Depp and his longtime companion and Lily-Rose's mom, Vanessa Paradis, put their lives on hold (including filming of Sweeney Todd) for a bedside vigil. Fortunately, after intensive treatment, the child's health gradually improved, and she was able to go home nine days later.

Depp and Paradis also have a six-year-old son, Jack.

As an extra thank-you, Depp reportedly invited Lily-Rose's five doctors and nurses to last month's London premiere party for Sweeney.

And in a gesture that undoubtedly put a smile on every sick kids' face, Depp also secretly turned up at Great Ormond Nov. 29 and entertained its young patients with bedtime stories in the guise of Captain Jack Sparrow. (He even had his costume flown in from Los Angeles for the occasion.)

Lily-Rose apparently caught a virulent strain of the bacterium at a rented mansion in Richmond, Surrey, where the family was holed up while he was filming the big-screen adaptation of the Stephen Sondheim musical at nearby Pinewood Studios.

Burton halted production on Sweeney until Depp could return.

Depp told Entertainment Weekly in a recent interview that the experience was the most terrifying moment of his life.

"To say it was the darkest moment, that's nothing," he said. "It doesn't come close to describing it. Words are so small."

He also added that he wasn't sure whether he'd be able to make it back to the Sweeney set and suggested Burton consider recasting the role.

As it turned out, Depp did resume work on the movie, which on Sunday earned him his first Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.

Johnny Depp's Big Donation - Yahoo! News

I was moved when I read this.. You said exactly waht I was thinking when you said you were a fan of Johnny the man now. He really has grown up a lot since 21 Jumpstreet!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread