+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4671Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Frankly, I can't imagine choosing to live so far away from my children. How do you opt to live in another state - hell, another continent - without your kids? Nicole Kidman has the money and resources to live wherever she chooses.

I don't like Tom OR Nicole, so I have no bias towards either one of them, but if someone tried to keep my kids away from me it would be over my dead body. I can guarantee that my kids would never call another woman "mom".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2746388;
    Aside from living on the other side of the world from them often, if you believe the rumors the Scientologists have threatened and blackmailed her into letting Tom call the shots with those kids. You could attack her for succumbing to that, sure, but these folks aren't supposed to have any concept of mercy at all.
    If I had kids I would do whatever was necessary to be with them and near them as much as possible. I just feel like she has given up on them because it's been too hard.

With all of the nasty dealings that went along with Tom filing for divorce from Nicole... I wouldn't doubt it if there is something in their divorce contract that dictates how much time she CAN spend with her kids. The details surround the timing of his filing, as well as some of the little details that came out at the time, were just dirty dirty dirty and I wouldn't put it past him.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I know this isn't a popular thought...but some people don't think of adopted children as their own. Others also don't think of stepchildren as their own. It's inconceivable to me. But I've seen instances of both cases in real life and saw the impact it had on the children.

Regardless of who spends more time with the children, I hope that the custody that Tom and Nicole have is based on the children's best needs...and not their own.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Wait, i thought their custody arrangements stipulated that they each get them for 6 months of the year. This may have been since Nicole was living across the world and she may still reside there, despite Tennessee. I'd find it odd calling ol' sticks mom when i have someone like Nicole already raising me as her child. Then again, i've no doubt that this is all tom. Still must be upset that everyone else is taller and he has to wear lifts.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Everything that I've heard on the subject indicates that Nicole keeps her time with her children very low-key, while Tom is very public. Because we don't see her with the kids doesn't mean they don't spend time with her.

The above article about Nicole's kids not calling her mom was misquoted as pointed out here:

Last month, Kidman was widely quoted as telling Britain's GMTV, "My kids don't call me mommy, they don't even call me mom. They call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it."

But it turns out she was misquoted. In a clip of the interview, it's clear her response was actually prompted by the interviewer channeling her kids as he jokingly says, "Hey, mummy ..."

Mrs. Keith Urban good-naturedly scoffs, "They don't call me mummy."

When asked what they do call her, she laughs, "Mum, or sometimes Nicole. I'm like, 'Hey!'"
    Link to full gossip article here.

So she was only saying that her kids don't call her "mommy". Well, my kids don't call me that either because I hate it. I never called my mother "mommy" either. It doesn't mean I don't love my kids or don't spend time with them. And we also don't see other Hollywood mothers out and about all the time with their kids. I don't question Reese Witherspoon's mothering abilities just because she's not in the latest tabloid rag with her kids front and center for me to judge.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Pam to Rick -- I'm Pregnant, Get Lost!
    Posted Jan 9th 2008 11:15PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned the divorce between Pam Anderson and Rick Salomon is back on and Pam is pregnant!

You'll recall Anderson filed for divorce last month, but called it off just days later. But sources tell TMZ she is now moving forward with the divorce, even though we know she's pregnant with his baby.

Salomon has told friends he believes she is "acting crazy" because of the pregnancy and hopes she will settle back into the marriage. Interestingly, in her divorce petition, Anderson asked for spousal support but not child support.

The couple were married in Las Vegas on October 6.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Those two are too skeevy for words. **shudder**
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2748363;
    Those two are too skeevy for words. **shudder**
    I agree and now skeevy with a baby.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)