+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536761265261026 ... LastLast
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

It's sad to hear about Kate and Chris. I never did get their attraction thing in the first place, but was happy it appeared to be working out for them. Very sad now there's also another Hollywood son from a broken marriage.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Wow. For once, I'm actually surprised at a celebrity break-up. They seemed to have a great marriage - but hey, what do we know? I'm sad to hear about Kate and Chris; I really liked them together.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Newbie
    There was some interview not too long ago with Kate Hudson and one of her comments about Owen Wilson during the filming of "You, Me and Dupree" made me say out loud "I dont give it long before its announced she's splitting from her husband".

Now I wonder if she will be linked to Owen Wilson soon.

'City Slickers' actor Bruno Kirby dies

By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 31 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Bruno Kirby, a veteran character actor who costarred in "When Harry Met Sally," "City Slickers" and many other films, has died at age 57, his wife said Tuesday.

Kirby died Monday in Los Angeles from complications related to leukemia, according to a statement from his wife, Lynn Sellers. He had recently been diagnosed with the disease.

"We are incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from Bruno's fans and colleagues who have admired and respected his work over the past 30 years," his wife said. "Bruno's spirit will continue to live on not only in his rich body of film and television work but also through the lives of individuals he has touched throughout his life."

Kirby was perhaps best known for his roles opposite
    Billy Crystal in 1989's "When Harry Met Sally" and 1991's "City Slickers." Other film credits included "Good Morning, Vietnam," "The Godfather: Part II" and "Donnie Brasco." More recently, he played Phil Rubenstein on the HBO series "Entourage."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060816/..._mo/obit_kirby

I'm totally shocked. I had no idea he was ill. I loved him in When Harry Met Sally. Rest in peace, Bruno
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow, I had no idea he was sick. I always liked him in movies.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I'm shocked he was older than me. I thought he was mid forty at most.

What an interesting list!!

[B]Jim Carrey passes Pam Anderson on power list[/B]

TORONTO -- Actor Jim Carrey has passed Pamela Anderson to take the top spot on Canadian Business magazine's second annual Celebrity Power List.

The magazine used four criteria - estimated salary, press clippings, number hits on Google.com and TV mentions - to rank 15 Canadians who have demonstrated clout in the entertainment industry over the last year.

According to the magazine, Carrey's improved web scores and a bump in the TV category put him ahead of Anderson. Carrey, who was born in Newmarket, Ont., is the highest-paid Canadian actor in Hollywood.

Anderson, a native of Ladysmith, B.C., slipped to No. 2 on the list after her sitcom Stacked was cancelled.

Rounding out the top five were Toronto natives Keanu Reeves and Kiefer Sutherland and Montreal-born actor William Shatner. Sutherland moved up three spots from No. 7 in 2005 while Reeves and Shatner stayed the same.

There were a couple new additions. Rocker Avril Lavigne of Napanee, Ont., debuted at No. 7 while Ottawa-raised actor Brendan Fraser came in at No. 10.

The complete list:

1. Jim Carrey.
    2. Pamela Anderson.
    3. Keanu Reeves.
    4. Kiefer Sutherland.
    5. William Shatner.
    6. Mike Myers.
    7. Avril Lavigne.
    8. Rachel McAdams.
    9. Matthew Perry.
    10. Brendan Fraser.
    11. Hayden Christensen.
    12. Eric McCormack.
    13. Sandra Oh.
    14. Ryan Reynolds.
    15. Evangeline Lilly.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Didn't know Keanu was canadian, the same for matthew Perry.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I'm shocked too. He had the annoying but loveable character quality.

Very sad about Bruno Kirby, I've always liked him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread