+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4945Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I agree. Hopefully she's at the point now where she's beyond her personal risk of miscarriage, based upon her history. The best of success to her!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

As a Keith Urban fan, I am thrilled to read this news. I wish Nicole a safe and healthy pregnancy!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Nicole and Keith will have one heck of a beautiful baby! I hope she has an easy pregnancy and that the baby is born healthy! Yay to them both!

I am happy for them but I still feel like she has abandoned her other kids. You never hear or see them together, they are always with Tom and Katie. That just seems really odd to me, especially the fact that they are being raised into such a controversial lifestyle, Scientology.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2746017;
    I am happy for them but I still feel like she has abandoned her other kids. You never hear or see them together, they are always with Tom and Katie. That just seems really odd to me, especially the fact that they are being raised into such a controversial lifestyle, Scientology.
    I wonder if the reason you always see them with Tom and Kaite and not Nicole and Keith is because they spend that much more time with Tom or because Tom will use them for publicity sake and Nicole won't. Primarily because I like Nicole and don't like Tom, I tend to believe that Nicole spends just as much time with them, but works to ensure that her time with them remains very private.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Perhaps that is precisely why they are not seen together that much.

Nicole doesn't like her kids in the spotlight, she never has. Tom on the other hand, loves to have everyone see them as a normal healthy family despite their robot step mom Katie.
    Yup, with donuts!!

It always seems to me that Tom works very hard to erase the memory of Nicole from the image he puts out of he and Katie's 'perfect little unit family', even to the point of making the two kids he and Nicole adopted call Katie "mom" and call Nicole by her first name, which is not what they called her prior to Tom and Katie's marriage.

This article illustrates this:

Katie Holmes Upsets Nicole Kidman
    December 19, 2007

Earlier this month Nicole Kidman told a UK TV station that her adopted children with ex husband Tom Cruise don't call her 'Mom,' which really upsets the actress.

Kidman confessed, "My kids don't call me mommy, they don't even call me mom. They call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it."

Tom's new wifey Katie Holmes sat down with Parade magazine this month to gush about being a mother and a wife. She told the magazine that Tom and Nicole's adopted children call her 'Mom' all the time. Talk about hitting below the belt!

Holmes says, "His children are incredible, really smart and kind. They call me 'Mom'."

In Katie's defense, do you really blame the kids for calling her Mom? When was the last time Nicole was seen with her children? She said she was 'looking' for a place in LA so she can spend more time with them, but we've yet to see that happen too. Apparently Nicole wasn't happy with the fact that Tom is raising his children as Scientologists.
    Note that the last paragraph is obviously only the opinion of the writer. It seems odd to me that the two children would have been calling Nicole "mom" (you can see it in videos and articles during the times Tom and Nicole were married) until Tom married Katie, then suddenly they're calling her "Nicole", and I'm not supposed to believe this is at Tom's direction?

In the above comment by Katie, Katie calls the kids "his children". She doesn't even call them "our children" or acknowledge Nicole's being their mother. She seems amazed they call her "mom", as she should. It just sounds to me like Tom is doing his best to erase Nicole from areas where he can.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

CCL

But, at the same time, Nicole Kidman is making her home in Tennesee, not in California where her first two children are residing so...that always struck me as rather odd. But I do hope she and Keith have a nice child together.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Aside from living on the other side of the world from them often, if you believe the rumors the Scientologists have threatened and blackmailed her into letting Tom call the shots with those kids. You could attack her for succumbing to that, sure, but these folks aren't supposed to have any concept of mercy at all.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread