+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5245Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

LG.

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

What is going on with celebrity divorces this week, as I read that Brendan Fraiser is getting divorced after 9 years of marriage too. I just watched The Princess Bride again last weekend and always loved Robin Wright as Princess Buttercup. As you wish . . . . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

Lg it's mariages in general. Divorce rate is way high

I can't say the Penn/Wright divorce makes me sad. I've always liked Robin, and could never understand how she got paired up with Sean Penn, who I think has one of the highest 'ick' factors of all Hollywood male celebs I've seen. She and him were like beauty and the beast. By all accounts she seems to be a genuinely nice lady, so I'm happy for her that she's going to have a chance to get away from that nasty face and personality of his. I hope she's then able to find someone who appreciates her and allows her light to shine again. I hope we get to see her in some projects again, also, if that's what she wants. Best of luck and wishes to Robin and the children.

Sean can just go back under his favorite rock.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2735644;
    I can't say the Penn/Wright divorce makes me sad. I've always liked Robin, and could never understand how she got paired up with Sean Penn, who I think has one of the highest 'ick' factors of all Hollywood male celebs I've seen. She and him were like beauty and the beast. By all accounts she seems to be a genuinely nice lady, so I'm happy for her that she's going to have a chance to get away from that nasty face and personality of his. I hope she's then able to find someone who appreciates her and allows her light to shine again. I hope we get to see her in some projects again, also, if that's what she wants. Best of luck and wishes to Robin and the children.

Sean can just go back under his favorite rock.
    I agree wholeheartedly!! Poor Robin looks rather beaten down these days, or as my favorite (Michael K says), "looks like he sucked the hot right out of her!" God bless her for putting up with him for so many years. I'm sure it wasn't easy. Just by looking at Sean's picture I can smell his stale cigarette aroma and booze breath! Robin is a credible actress and she can only go UP from here! I predict the BEST is yet to come for her.

Latest news:

--Important things happen all around the world, like Benazir Bhutto being assassinated.
    --"Fergie" aka Stacy Ferguson gets engaged to actor Josh Duhamel. Also, Jessica Alba gets engaged to some dude.
    --David Letterman successfully negotiates a deal for HIS shows (Late Show with David Letterman and The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson) to come back WITH WGA approval and writers.
    --Oh, yeah. The REALLY important news, Paris Hilton finally gets "the shaft" from her dear grandpa. Her once expected $100 million inheritance, is now likely to be more like $5 million (fully taxable too). Grandpa has earmarked 97% of his $2.3 billion dollars for charity.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2735809;
    Paris Hilton finally gets "the shaft" from her dear grandpa[/URL]. Her once expected $100 million inheritance, is now likely to be more like $5 million (fully taxable too). Grandpa has earmarked 97% of his $2.3 billion dollars for charity.

good for him! go grandpa!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Kidman, Urban Reportedly Expecting

(Dec. 29) - Having weathered a tough first year of marriage, Nicole Kidman and husband Keith Urban are allegedly expecting their first child together.

The celebrity pair, who wed June 25, 2006, broke the news to their families over the Christmas holiday, according to the Daily Mail.
    I hope this is true.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2736266;
    Link Here

I hope this is true.......
    I also am hoping this is true. She has wanted it for so long - how exciting for her and Keith.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Nicole Kidman is not pregnant, her Australian press representative has said.

Kidman's expecting a baby was first reported by the U.K.'s Daily Mail, which said The Hours Oscar winner, 40, had told friends and family members over Christmas that she and her husband of 18 months, Keith Urban, were expecting their first child together.

But the Melbourne Herald Sun quotes Kidman's Australian publicist as denying the Mail's story.

"It is incorrect," the spokeswoman tells the paper. "She must have had about 30 babies by now."

As for Kidman, says the rep, "She's in Australia making a film" director Baz Luhrman's epic Australia, costarring Hugh Jackman "and her family are in Australia. She's happily ensconced away somewhere having a few days break. It's the silly season. As far as we're concerned, it's another rumor out of London."

Friend: It Is 'Conceivable'
    Still, a friend of Kidman's tells the Herald Sun it is "conceivable" that the actress is nearly three months pregnant.

"She did have a small baby bump a month ago, so it would be reasonable that she'd now be three months and telling her friends and family," the unnamed friend is quoted as saying.

Kidman and former husband Tom Cruise adopted two children during their 1990-2001 marriage: Isabella, now 14, and Connor, 12.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krom
    Paris Hilton finally gets "the shaft" from her dear grandpa[/url]. Her once expected $100 million inheritance, is now likely to be more like $5 million (fully taxable too). Grandpa has earmarked 97% of his $2.3 billion dollars for charity.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2736158;
    good for him! go grandpa!!!
    While I think it's very commendable that he's donating so much to charity, and I can see how Paris has probably embarassed some of the members of her family, and while I won't be lying awake at night worrying about how Paris and her cousins, etc. are going to get by, I do think it's somewhat hypocritical of her grandfather. See below.

In a statement, Barron Hilton said that his father, Conrad, had set the example and bequeathed 97 percent of his money to the charitable foundation, which the elder Hilton founded in 1944, "and I am proud to follow my father's example."
    Paris Hilton's Inheritance Goes to Charity - Good Deeds, Paris Hilton : People.com

Conrad Hilton established the foundation in 1944 and when he died in 1979 left virtually all of his fortune -- including, according to media reports at the time, a 27 percent controlling stake in Hilton Hotels -- to the charity.

But Barron Hilton challenged the will and after a nearly decade-long legal struggle reached an out-of-court settlement to split ownership of the shares with the foundation in 1988, The New York Times reported.
    Paris loses out: Hilton fortune pledged to charity | Entertainment | Reuters

So, his own father -- Conrad Hilton -- left most of his fortune to charity, but Barron challenged it. If he wants to make sure the money finally goes to charity, he should donate the majority of it now. I'm sure he could retain enough to live off of comfortably and thereby avoid having his children/granddchildren challenge his will in the same way he did.

+ Reply to Thread