+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

CCL

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Well, it is according to the Star Magazine, so take that as you will...

The father of Jamie-Lynn Spears' baby is not Casey Aldridge, but an older man who could face rape charges over the conception, according to new reports.

Tabloid magazine Star claims the Spears family are paying Aldridge, 18, to play dad in a bid to mask the father's true identity and avoid the shame of an under-age sex scandal involving 16-year-old Jamie-Lynn.

The reports come days after Jamie-Lynn confirmed she is 12-weeks pregnant with student Aldridge's baby during an interview with OK! magazine.

According to celebrity blogger Perez Hilton's website, a Star source is reported as saying, "Casey is being paid off to be the family's fall guy while the real father remains unidentified.

"The man many suspect is the father, however, would face charges and probably prison time if he were to come forward and admit he had sex with her."

Star magazine quotes "two separate Spears family insiders" who believe the father is someone who works on Jamie-Lynn's kids' TV show, Zoey 101.

The source adds, "In Hollywood, little girls grow up fast, and she is no exception. With everything that has gone on in her family, she needed someone to look up to. But the man she found seems to have completely taken advantage of her."

In Jamie-Lynn's home state of Louisiana, Aldridge would escape legal action because a 16-year-old can legally have sex with a person less than two years older.
    Source:Aldridge not the father of Spears' baby? | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2734781;
    OK, this definately goes in the realm of pure gossip, but I could have sworn I heard on the radio station I listen to that Jamie's baby daddy isn't said boyfriend at all, but is actually a Nickelodian executive, producer or some such. I kind of missed what all was said, but I've been trying to find more info on this, and can't find anything.....big shock, right? Has anyone else heard anything like this? Frankly, sad to say, it wouldn't shock me if it were true. But then again, I was only half listening at the time and they might have been talking about it in a "crazy rumor" kind of way
    I would take it with a grain of salt. The Star isn't exactly the bastion of truth. They are probably just annoyed that she hasn't given them anything crazy to print so the made something up.

Pure rumor it is. But I can almost see it. A weaselly executive who's right there on top of things, because you know... Jamie Lynn looks remarkably like Britney did when she first started out. Britney, pre-crazy and pre-washed up, in other words.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I cannot vouch for the validity of the story -- however, there was a blind item run in the papers around 2 months ago having to do with a teen "star" becoming pregnant by one of the executives of her show. Just saying..

The latest celeb DUI is from an actress many people feel almost ruined her former show... playing (badly, many contend) Marissa Cooper--a girl who was often "under the influence", in fact...

E! News - Mischa Barton Busted - Mischa Barton

Mischa Barton has been stopped by the real PD.

The 21-year-old former O.C. star was arrested early Thursday morning in West Hollywood and reportedly booked on suspicion of driving under the influence, possessing an illegal narcotic and driving with an invalid license, E! News has confirmed.

According to a statement released by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, Barton was tooling along in her white Range Rover when officers spotted her straddling two lanes of traffic at 2:46 a.m. After she failed to signal before making a left turn, the actress was pulled over at the corner of La Cienega and Santa Monica boulevards.

"During Ms. Barton's detention, it was determined that she was an unlicensed driver and was driving while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage," the department said. She was also in possession of marijuana and a controlled substance.

"The controlled substance has not yet been identified and was still under investigation," said Sergeant John Hocking.

Barton was arrested and transported to West Hollywood Sheriff's station, "where the booking process was completed without incident," according to the department's statement.

Per her booking sheet, the petite starlet was processed at 3:10 a.m.

Barton was released on $10,000 bail at 10:10 a.m. A court hearing has been scheduled for Feb. 28.

Her camp has not yet commented, but the Las Vegas club scene, for one, is keeping the faith.

A rep for the brand-new CatHouse nightclub told E! Online senior editor Marc Malkin Thursday morning that Barton is still "all set and ready to go" to host the lounge's Saturday night opener.

(Originally published Dec. 27, 2007, at 8:53 a.m. PT)
    Ironically, a Google news search finds the following news story from just two days before this. It's ironic because its about Mischa trying to break from her past to play more mature roles. In other words, coming off as more than a constantly drunk party girl.

CTV.ca | Mischa Barton aiming for more mature roles

Mischa Barton aiming for more mature roles

Updated Tue. Dec. 25 2007 11:19 AM ET

The Canadian Press

REGINA -- It's -35 outside with the wind chill -- the kind of Saskatchewan weather that usually prompts a serious case of hat head -- but Mischa Barton is perfectly coiffed as she sits in a Regina soundstage.

The brunette actress is well-known to TV viewers as spoiled socialite Marissa Cooper from the teen drama "The O.C.,'' but she's about to show a new side of herself in the psychological thriller "Walled In.''

"She's much tougher and more of an 'action-y' girl and much more boyish,'' Barton says of her character, Sam.

"That is different from the other roles I've played which tend to be, you know, much prettier and more put together. So it's nice to get to be someone who's just got her hair in a ponytail and is like, you know, a tough girl.''

Barton recently spent six weeks shooting the project in the Saskatchewan capital.

The film, about a demolition expert who uncovers the secrets of a building and its past inhabitants, is adapted from the "Les Emmures,'' a novel by French writer Serge Brussolo.

Barton says "Walled In'' is a chance for her to take centre stage.

"This is the first time I've done such a physical role and it's a huge lead for me, I'm in every scene,'' she says. "It's a bit more of a responsibility in that way.''

"I was attracted to it because it's well written. It's such a smart script and it's got something about it.''

The role also required some stunt work, which Barton found to be a challenge. Canadian actor Cameron Bright, who co-starred with Barton in the film, says he faced hurdles as well.

"I get to drive in this movie and I'm 14 so I can't drive yet, so I had to learn,'' says the Victoria, B.C., native. "I was pretty good at it. It was cool.''

"It was challenging for the first couple of minutes when I was learning, but other than that it was fun,'' he says, grinning.

In "Walled In,'' Bright plays Jimmy the son of the building's caretaker. He describes Jimmy as "a dark child'' who is cut off from the world.

The role adds to an already impressive resume for Bright.

He starred in "Godsend'' with Robert DeNiro, opposite Nicole Kidman in "Birth'' and was the child who could "cure'' other mutants in "X-Men: The Last Stand.'' Barton is one of the younger actresses he's worked with.

"Normally in my movies I'm the only kid under 40,'' he jokes. "She's more like a friend than anything else.''

For her part, Barton says Sam is a more mature character than she's played in the past. The actress is using the experience to make the leap from high school type roles to adult ones.

She also becoming more involved in the filmmaking process by producing on her next project, "Homecoming.''

"I'm just kind of transitioning out of those younger roles,'' says Barton.

"I've been working really hard, so in that way the transition takes a lot because I feel the need to prove myself a little.''
    Last edited by Krom; 12-28-2007 at 03:38 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Thanks for the Jamie info guys! Yeah, Star isn't quite up there with the New York Times....or even OK! for that matter...But I think I'm with Krom...I can almost see it. I guess it wouldn't shock me if it were true. Could be why Nickelodian hasn't had a whole lot to say on the issue. And she and the boyfriend were supposedly very on-again/off-again. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2734989;
    I cannot vouch for the validity of the story -- however, there was a blind item run in the papers around 2 months ago having to do with a teen "star" becoming pregnant by one of the executives of her show. Just saying..
    The author of that blind item has now said that it was in fact about Jamie Lynn. The reliability of the gossip writer can certainly come into question, but the link has been made.

We're going to need Maury to do a DNA test; we've got to get to the bottom of this!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I admit I'm shocked Sean Penn divorcing
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Sean Penn isn't a Nickelodeon exec, is he?

I was really sad to hear the news about Sean and Robin. He's such an incredibly talented guy who has such a good side, and such a mean nasty side too. She really seemed to bring out the good side in a great way. I really liked them together.

+ Reply to Thread