+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5280Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2729099;
    what really amuses me is her mom's quote "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew."

um, kids have sex any time of the day or night, no matter what curfew is given them. DUH!!

and not to mention, all the reports about him living there ... what good is a curfew if the boy is living with you! DUH!
    Phewww - I'm so glad you were able to clarify that - I thought you could only become pregnant if you had sex after curfew...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2729300;
    Phewww - I'm so glad you were able to clarify that - I thought you could only become pregnant if you had sex after curfew...
    Evidently that is what her mother thought!

I don't think you have to bring the word "trailer" into the trash concept. And I personally don't think J Spears is trash. She was supposedly telling her older sister to straighten up so she wouldn't loose her kids. I find the timing unfortunate for her, and hope she gets some parenting classes in before she gives birth. Here's hoping she receives some guidance from someone other than her mother. And maybe her mother will start receiving some guidance. I think if I were her right now I'd feel like a failure as a parent. What is with the rush to sex and "adulthood".....what's wrong with being a child for your childhood years? Maybe Mrs Spears should have gotten a job herself and left her children alone and not relied on them for the household/partying/clothing money for the family. Why didn't I think of that as a job when my kids were younger-family pimp.

FORT Fogey

I agree that Jamie Lynn is not trash. I think the negative things she's gotten press for (yelling at critics of her sister, getting pregnant at 16, etc) are signs of her age and not her level of "class".

Famita, I think you've hit the nail on the head with regards to the rush to adulthood. Can you really blame a kid whose parents are rushing them to adulthood workwise from rushing there in other aspects of their lives?

I don't think there's any reason to conclude Jamie Lynn is trash.

LYNN on the other hand...

Accidents DO happen. But there have been SO many indications over the years that Mommie Spears is far more to blame for her kids lack of judgment than the kids themselves.

Britney is of an age where we have to kind of shrug and say "okay, it may not have initially been her fault, but she's an adult now". But Jamie Lynn isn't NEAR that stage.

Again, accidents DO happen. But I wonder if Lynn Spears hasn't been treating her younger daughter more like an employee she has to keep happy than as a daughter.

Personally, I'm pretty harsh about bad stage moms (which are probably MOST of them). I tend to think there's a special circle of hell reserved for the likes of Lynn Spears and Dinah Lohan, where they have to jump up and down on burning hot lava while reaching for dollar bills that are just out of reach above their heads.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Enough about the Spears family.

How about another fave of this thread? A new tissue of lies to dig through: Why Michael Jackson's face has FINALLY seemingly collapsed. Remember, Michael's people still insist he's only ever had two plastic surgery procedures in his entire life.

Here's the take of the dubious U.K. Daily Star. There are tons of other tabloid takes out there as well. At this point all the legit media are saying is that Michael is walking around bandaged and covered like The Mummy.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Smacko Jacko: Playful son wrecks face

Michael Jackson’s lip “collapsed” after his son smacked him in the face, it was claimed last night.

The pop legend was seen this week with a mass of sticking plasters on his face. A source claimed: “He was whacked in the face accidentally by his younger son Prince Michael II while playing around and part of his upper lip collapsed.

“That mishap led a hysterical Jacko to make a beeline for the plastic surgeon for a bit of rapid repair work.”

The insider claimed that because of past surgery 49-year-old Jacko’s face is very fragile. The source added: “That is a key reason Jackson always uses his own make-up people for any appearances.”

Jacko has been living in Las Vegas for a year, after 18 months travelling, with children, Prince, 10, Paris, nine, and five-year-old Prince Michael II.
    Judge for yourself. Is it a Mummy, or a Jackson?

Last edited by Krom; 12-20-2007 at 10:39 PM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Well, maybe not enough of the Spears' clan.

Will wonders never cease? Someone might even care.

HTTP://WWW.FOXNEWS.COM/STORY/0,2933,317535,00.HTML

Pop Tarts: Did Jamie Lynn's Boyfriend Break the Law?

Thursday, December 20, 2007

By Hollie McKay

LOS ANGELES — Jamie Lynn Spears may not be the only one who is expecting. Casey Aldridge, the boyfriend Jamie Lynn says got her pregnant, could also be "expecting" — a visit from people wearing badges.

The Internet is abuzz with the question: Since Jamie Lynn is 16 years old, does that make her a victim of statutory rape?

If Casey is indeed the dad-to-be, and the blessed event took place in Jamie Lynn's home state of Louisiana, then the act could be classified as a "Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile," defined as "sexual intercourse with consent between someone age 19 or older and someone between age 12 and 17."

However, some reports say Casey is 19, some reports say he is 18.

If Casey were tried and found guilty, he could face a maximum possible term of 10 years imprisonment, possibly with hard labor.

According to Louisiana Revised Statutes 14-80 and 14-42, an individual can legally consent to sexual intercourse when he/she is 17 years of age. And in cases (such as Spears') where the victim is 15 or 16, the defendant (Aldridge) must be no more than two years older for the sexual intercourse to be legal.

The law, like everything else, is different in California. But Casey could still be in trouble if the couple did the deed in the Golden State, where Spears resides while filming her Nickelodeon show "Zoey 101."

"It states clearly in the Californian Penal Code that any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor (under 18) who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor and faces up to one year in a county jail," said criminal defense attorney Jim Hammer.

“But if Aldridge is actually more than three years older, he could be up for a felony, which carries a maximum three years in prison.”

According to the code, "unlawful sexual intercourse" is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor.

“Police can openly investigate the case, but the biggest challenge would be to determine [in] what state the act actually took place,” Hammer said.

However, criminal defense lawyer Christopher Darden says charges are unlikely.

“The father of the child may have committed a criminal offense or misdemeanor by having unlawful sex with a minor,” said Darden. “But unless the complaint is filed from the minor’s parent, it is unlikely that this will be taken further.”

The New York Post cited Aldridge's age as 18, and Deputy Sheriff Jimmy Travis of Tangipahoa Parish, La., where the Spears family lives, told the paper that Jamie Lynn and her boyfriend didn't break any state laws if they conceived in Louisiana.

"From my preliminary investigation, she is 16 and he is 18," he said. "If, in fact, it happened in the state of Louisiana, that does not violate any criminal statutes."

He said the age of consent is 17, but that officials don't prosecute if the two are no more than 24 months apart in age.

"Sixteen and 18 is OK, 15 and 19 is not," he said.

A rep for Jamie Lynn declined to comment on the pregnancy reports, which appeared in OK! Magazine on Wednesday.

"What is in OK! is their story," said the spokeswoman. "We cannot comment on its accuracy."

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

just when i think michael coudln't get any stranger ...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

On the Jamie Lynn Spears thing, I was astounded that it made the local news here. I live about 70 miles south & east of Kentwood, and the local media actually drove out to find the father's family and thwite local church where the couple met. Then they report that Jamie Lynn wants to come back to Louisiana to give the child a proper upbringing. I just don't know how that's going to happen in a small town who's claim to fame is a Britney Spears museum. Louisiana needs a break, and this ain't it. And while I agree that Jaime Lynn isn't necessarily "trash" for getting pregnant at 16, I don't find it all that respectable that she sold her story to OK! Magazine. She could have gone the Brad & Angelina route and given her story to People in exchange for coverage of a social issue near & dear to her.

I actually agree that Jamie Lynn needed to pick a publication friendly to her (and face it... giving them a story versus them having to spy it out is usually all it takes). But yeah. That didn't require getting paid, assuming that's what really happened.

I hate to put up Brangelina as an example to follow, but in this they were correct.

You can't hide from the media, so as a Celeb, yes, you need to control it. But I bet almost as many people are talking about Jamie Lynn selling her story as they are about the pregnancy itself.

In related news, Jamie Lynn's father is reportedly outraged at his ex-wife and daughter for selling the story to OK.

Jamie Lynn's dad livid over OK! interview - UPI.com

Jamie Lynn's dad livid over OK! interview

Published: Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:15 PM
    Print story
    Email to a friend
    Font size:
    LOS ANGELES, Dec. 19 (UPI) -- The father of U.S. TV star Jamie Lynn Spears is reportedly furious his ex-wife and daughter sold the story about Jamie Lynn's pregnancy to OK! magazine.

Word that the 16-year-old is expecting a baby spread quickly Tuesday, a day ahead of the release of OK's exclusive interview with Jamie Lynn and Lynne Spears.

Usmagazine.com reported Wednesday the pair sold their story for an unspecified amount and Jamie Lynn's father Jamie is "furious" about the way the situation was handled.

"He put his foot down and refused to take any money and 'profit off of his children,'" a source close to the family told Usmagazine.com. "Lynne didn't care."

The source also revealed Jamie Spears is "devastated" by the news and "feels Jamie Lynn ruined her life."
    Last edited by Krom; 12-21-2007 at 02:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread