+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Wow, I am shocked.......NOT!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2716385;
    mark this one up as another "WELL DUH!" situation.
    I was just catching up on this thread, and this article (posted 5 days ago) was the first I'd heard of Jodie Foster officially going public with her relationship. For that, I'm really excited for the place we've inched a little closer to in this world ... a major star confirms that she's gay in a slow news month, and it's NOT front page news! To my way of thinking, it's a relief that we've finally gotten there. Her sexuality and her personal life is there, and she's said more than she has in the past. But it's just who she is, and not a major controversy. I hope we can continue to make steps in this direction where people just get to be who they are without being tagged or having major announcements about their race, sexuality, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2725457;
    I was just catching up on this thread, and this article (posted 5 days ago) was the first I'd heard of Jodie Foster officially going public with her relationship. For that, I'm really excited for the place we've inched a little closer to in this world ... a major star confirms that she's gay in a slow news month, and it's NOT front page news! To my way of thinking, it's a relief that we've finally gotten there. Her sexuality and her personal life is there, and she's said more than she has in the past. But it's just who she is, and not a major controversy. I hope we can continue to make steps in this direction where people just get to be who they are without being tagged or having major announcements about their race, sexuality, etc.
    Actually, it was front page news for a couple of days, Veruka. CNN had it as one of their headlined articles on their website, and covered it every half hour on CNN for a couple of days, as well as Fox, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, BBC, and the larger city newspapers. Seems like they made a bigger deal of it than the entertainment shows like E! and TMZ, even. Strange turnabout of coverage, lol. But yes, hopefully someday we'll get there, when it isn't front page news.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

Well it wasn't featured news on anything I watched, and i have not been in a news blackout for the past 5 days. So that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2725433;
    just saw a 'breaking news' on E! that pamela anderson is divorcing rick solomon ... after two months. boy, no one saw THAT coming, did we?
    Heck, I'm surprised it lasted that long.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Oh, but supposedly they're working it out. She's posted on her website yesterday or today.

But no news that she's pulled her filing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

LG.

Tommy Lee should talk to Kevin Federline about filing for sole custody of his kids, as Pam seems like her life is a complete mess. 2 marriages in the past, what, 18 months that have lasts a total of 4 months? Good grief woman, get a hold of yourself.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2725573;
    Tommy Lee should talk to Kevin Federline about filing for sole custody of his kids, as Pam seems like her life is a complete mess. 2 marriages in the past, what, 18 months that have lasts a total of 4 months? Good grief woman, get a hold of yourself.
    While K-Fed appears to be grown up enough to recognize that his kids come first, I'm not so sure that's the case with Tommy Lee. I've always gotten the impression that he and Pam have a nice little arrangement worked out where the other one takes the kids half the time so that each of them can get in their partying and wild ways time in. It's like they view their custody agreement as built in babysitting. You never do see the kids around when either of them screw up. Makes you wonder what kind if any of relationship the boys have with Rick Solomon ... or Kid Rock before him ... or any other number of relationships their parents have been in.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I hate how Eva and Tony are making more public appearances together. I can see that's she's basking in the attention even if it's over something bad. No one cares if you stay together or not, the world wont stop turning if the paparazzi don't see you mugging it up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2725476;
    Well it wasn't featured news on anything I watched,
    I wish I had been so lucky as to not have had to see it, since it wasn't what I consider news and shouldn't have been on it. Sometimes it seems like news departments and entertainment departments can't keep their roles straight.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread