+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3895Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I also thought he was older...

My thoughts and prayers are with his family tonght...RIP

MRD

My husband told me about him last night. I remember us kids being obsessed with him and his stunts in the 70's. May he rest in peace.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Will Smith says he's not that talented - Yahoo! News

Will Smith says he's not that talented

Fri Nov 30, 5:25 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Will Smith says he's not a great actor but he's a hardworking one.

"I've never viewed myself as particularly talented. I've viewed myself as ... slightly above average in talent," the 39-year-old actor tells CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview scheduled to air Sunday.

"Where I excel is with (a) ridiculous, sickening work ethic," Smith says. "While the other guy's sleeping, I'm working. While the other guy's eating, I'm working. While the other guy's making love, I mean, I'm making love, too, but I'm working really hard at it!"

Smith's latest movie, "I Am Legend," opens Dec. 14. His screen credits also include "The Pursuit of Happyness" and "Ali."

My 2 cents.

I cried when I was watching The Pursuit of Happyness" He was very good in this movie.

The guy is extremely talented.

I saw Johnny Depp on the Today show. He looked good. Almost normal. I don't think he's looked this good since 21 Jump St.

Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers Band have announced they are filming the tour and will show the movie from Feb. 1-7 in 3D. For all the tweens that didn't get a concert ticket, this should be the next best thing. Closest theater to us that is going to show the movie is 20 miles away, but my 7 year old is going to be over the moon when she finds out I already got her a ticket.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;2710364;
    Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers Band have announced they are filming the tour and will show the movie from Feb. 1-7 in 3D. For all the tweens that didn't get a concert ticket, this should be the next best thing. Closest theater to us that is going to show the movie is 20 miles away, but my 7 year old is going to be over the moon when she finds out I already got her a ticket.
    Melitta,

I heard that last week, too, and I was on the computer immediately at midnight on Saturday morning to buy two tickets. Of course they didn't have the website working until 12:15am, for some reason... but I was there clicking away like a dutiful aunt. Jordan and I will be there on February 2 at 12:30pm.

The Jonas Brothers came and gave a mini concert at my work Wednesday (the Hannah Montana concert was right down the street Wednesday night.) I think I was the only adult standing there that could sing the lyrics to their song "Year 3000" (or whatever it's called.. heh)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I did the same thing. As soon as my daughter walked out the door, I was on the web site ordering tickets. I told her a "white lie" and told her the tickets were already sold out. I plan on making up a fake ticket and giving it to her for Christmas. We are going on the 2nd also, just at 4:50. I love when she gets home from school and we sit down and watch Hannah Montanna or Suite Life of Zack and Cody until daddy gets home. I guess I really need a life, but it is so refreshing to have something to watch that every other word isn't the F word or has a bunch of sexual undertones. I remember watching a show with my then 9 year old step son and the word masturbate was used. He looks at me and says, "What's masturbate mean?" After I picked up my jaw off the floor, the only thing I could think of was...ask your dad.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Hilarious!

I do enjoy the Hannah Montana craze fun as I am THRILLED that young girls have someone to idolize other than Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney! Miley Cyrus is so fresh faced, and doesn't hesitate to talk about the fact that she wants no part of sex before marriage and the alcohol crowd. Yes.. I know that Britney said the same thing, but the Cyrus family appears to be quite a bit more tight knit and supportive, with slightly different goals. Her dad has experienced all of the highs and lows of fame so he isn't going to be pushing her instead of supporting her.

Hannah Montana, Suite Life, Jimmy Neutron...
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2711168;
    Yes.. I know that Britney said the same thing, but the Cyrus family appears to be quite a bit more tight knit and supportive, with slightly different goals. Her dad has experienced all of the highs and lows of fame so he isn't going to be pushing her instead of supporting her.
    And unlike Britney or Lindsay's parents, Billy had his own years of fame so he doesn't need to live his life vicariously through his daughter's achievements. I never was a fan of his when he was singing Achy Breaky Heart or whatever, but he seems like a nice guy. He was so self deprecating on Dancing With the Stars about his lack of dancing ability!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Billy, I am sure, is also very aware of the pitfalls of stardom and hopefully has better prepared his daughter (and is probably a little more protective) than either Britney's or Lindsay's parents ever were.

+ Reply to Thread