Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2690956;
    This guy has become nauseating.
    Become?

When wasn't he?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Back when he was Michael Knight, before he became "The Hoff" I thought he was pretty hot. I was young.

Makes sense that the story would have to revolve mostly around Michael Knight's son in the show, instead of Hasselhoff. Having to blow into an alcohol breath analyzer before KITT would start up the engine just wouldn't make for a cool tv 'hero'.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I was in love with the Hoff back when he played Snapper on Young & the Restless...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2692024;
    I was in love with the Hoff back when he played Snapper on Young & the Restless...
    Yep, I will admit to that too. That's going back a LONG way too.

Well, I can't believe they are doing it. How are they going to make the car extra special this time. People already have access to talking cars now (GPS anyone?), and cars that can parallel park, so Kitt must be going to fly or something this time around.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The Useless Celebrity Index

By DAVID THOMAS and JO PIAZZA

Sunday, November 25th 2007, 4:00 AM

They are famous simply for being famous and, suggests Time magazine, one of the phenomenons of 2007. So who are they and who is the biggest waste of space? To find out, the self-appointed Professor of Pointless Celebrity David Thomas (P.P.C.) has devised a mathematical formula covering everything from annual income to delinquency factor.

PARIS HILTON

Heir to her father's vast hotel fortune, "celebutante" Paris Hilton, 26, doesn't have to worry about trivial issues like working for a living or having any talent. Which is just as well, because all she seems to do is keep very small dogs, dance her way around the world's nightclubs and get arrested for driving offenses - she ended up in prison earlier this year. Spends the rest of her time dating multimillionaire shipping magnates or having public fights with other celeb-nobodies, or making home videos of her sexual exploits, which then end up on the Internet.

What a gal.

C=10; B=9; G=16; P=10; D=8; T=4; PQ=4

LINDSAY LOHAN

Ever heard of the movies "Freaky Friday" or "Mean Girls?" Or pop albums "Speak" or "A Little More Personal (Raw)"? These are some works of sometime actress and (full-time) Hollywood party girl Lindsay Lohan, 21. She catapulted to fame, thanks to a predilection for partying with fellow celeb-nobodies Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie and Calum Best. After three car crashes in a year and admitting an alcohol addiction, Lohan checked herself into rehab. With a third album on the way and a threat to "tour like Madonna," the Lohan epidemic won't be going away soon. Sadly.

C=10; B=3; G=8; P= 9; D=10; T=2; PQ=4

BRITNEY SPEARS

She has managed to dilute her brand and her fan base with one fell swoop into crazy-town. At only 26, Spears has had two marriages, two babies, one annulment and a divorce. A judge finally cracked down on her bad behavior this summer and has taken her two babies, Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, away from her pending additional random drug tests (she allegedly failed the last set because of an asthma inhaler). But even with a string of poor performances and personal humiliations, Britney's latest single, "Gimme More," continues to climb the charts and her net worth is still estimated at around $150 million from past albums, tours, an epic advertising deal with Pepsi and the sales of four different perfumes branded by Brit. She may be a train wreck, but this pop tart isn't leaving the spotlight any time soon.

C=2; B=9; G=26; P=9; D=9; T=5; PQ=2

KIM KARDASHIAN

Her initial rise in the world of fake celebrities came from Kim Kardashian's close friendship with fellow celebutante Paris Hilton. But that alone wasn't enough to make Kardashian (the daughter of late lawyer Robert Kardashian, who famously worked on the O.J. Simpson trial) famous. In a stroke of serendipity, the media started paying more attention to the scantily clad heiress after a sex tape with a former boyfriend, singer Ray-J, was leaked on the Internet. Now Kardashian and her family have their own reality series, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," and Kim will appear nude in the upcoming December issue of Playboy.

C=2; B=2; G=2.1; P=4; D=3; T=1; PQ=1

AND THE WINNER IS...

HEIDI MONTAG

The girl everyone loves to hate on "The Hills." Heidi Montag went from supporting castmate and best friend of Lauren Conrad to the wicked witch and the only reason to watch MTV's fake reality show. Heidi and her dimwitted fiancé, Spencer Pratt, stay in the media spotlight by courting paparazzi to follow them just about everywhere. When that isn't enough, Heidi likes to chat up reporters about just how much she loves her new fake boobs. Heidi pretends to work as an event planner for L.A. party guru Brent Bolthouse, but the bulk of her cashola comes from party appearance fees. Montag and Pratt are desperately trying to launch Heidi as a pop star, but her debut single, "Body Language," fell flat in August despite Heidi's promise that her future songs "will be very sexual."

C=2; B=2; G=1.2, P=6, D=2, T=1, PQ=1

The Useless Celebrity Index
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Evel Knievel died today. For some reason, I had thought he was older than 69.

Motorcycle Daredevil Evel Knievel Dies At 69
    POSTED: 4:21 pm EST November 30, 2007
    UPDATED: 4:38 pm EST November 30, 2007

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel has died at age 69 on Friday.

His granddaughter, Krysten Knievel, has confirmed the death.

Knievel had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

He had undergone a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

His exploits made him an international icon in the 1970s.
    Condolences to his family and those who loved him.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

So sad. I saw that when I logged on. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Rest In Peace, Evel.

I grew up watching Evel do stunts on TV. He definitely had style. I thought he was older too, Nemeses. All that damage he did to his body probably aged him a lot.

RIP Evel
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2700360;
    I grew up watching Evel do stunts on TV. He definitely had style. I thought he was older too, Nemeses. All that damage he did to his body probably aged him a lot.

RIP Evel
    Add me to the list of those that thought he was older than 69. Sad to hear of his passing. My first introduction to him was that episode on Happy Days with the Fonz in front of Al's May he rest in peace.

+ Reply to Thread