+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2686213;
    I thought I read it was three patients who were given the high dose, not thirteen. At any rate, I really hope they will be okay.
    It was three patients this time, but this has apparently happened several times over the last six months or so, and not just by the same nurse.

I read an article this morning that pretty much detailed how this error occurred. This isn't a matter of the nurse pulling too high of a dosage in her syringe (as the above details pretty much read.. and how I immediately picture it), but it's a matter of the wrong vial of heparin being used. Two small vials of heparin with the same color of label but with different strengths have been getting mixed up.

I'll try to find the article.. it might have been on yahoo.com. It showed a picture of the two vials.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2689803;
    It was three patients this time, but this has apparently happened several times over the last six months or so, and not just by the same nurse.

I read an article this morning that pretty much detailed how this error occurred. This isn't a matter of the nurse pulling too high of a dosage in her syringe (as the above details pretty much read.. and how I immediately picture it), but it's a matter of the wrong vial of heparin being used. Two small vials of heparin with the same color of label but with different strengths have been getting mixed up.

I'll try to find the article.. it might have been on yahoo.com. It showed a picture of the two vials.
    I realize that the staff should have been on their toes especially if there had been mixups before, but the manufacturer needs to change the labeling to make it clearer as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2689955;
    I realize that the staff should have been on their toes especially if there had been mixups before, but the manufacturer needs to change the labeling to make it clearer as well.
    Yes - I agree that sounds like a good idea. Seems to me that if there is a lawsuit, the manufacturer would share in the liability in a case such as this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2689955;
    Exactly, but the professional should always be reading the label, closely, and not just assuming what it is they have in their hand. You've really got to look out for little "gotchas" like that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"My wife has been in California for about three weeks. ... Holy smokes," Bollea later told the newspaper. "Wow, you just knocked the bottom out of me."
    Geez. Talk about being caught out and made to look like a chump.

I have to admit, it seems like he handled the question calmly and reasonably. He almost comes off as classy. Well, he's Hulk Hogan, so that's impossible, but he does get points for self control.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2690203;
    Geez. Talk about being caught out and made to look like a chump.

I have to admit, it seems like he handled the question calmly and reasonably. He almost comes off as classy. Well, he's Hulk Hogan, so that's impossible, but he does get points for self control.
    In catching part of a marathon of season two today, it showed that Linda was the one who would never be happy no matter what. Maybe she thought this was her time to seek her own fame away from Hulk? It also seems like Hulk's Mom has no love for her and that must stem from something that we haven't seen.

Let's just blame global warming on all of this lunacy going on.

Former 'Bachelor' Contestant Arrested
    AP
    Posted: 2007-11-24 22:28:20
    Filed Under: Celebrities in Court, TV News
    SEMINOLE, Fla. (Nov. 24) - A former cheerleader for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who was proposed to on the reality TV show "The Bachelor" was accused of punching a man she lives with in the mouth, authorities said.

Mary Delgado was taken into custody just after midnight Wednesday on a battery charge and was under the influence of alcohol when she was arrested, according to a police affidavit.
    Mary Delgado, a former Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleader and contestant on 'The Bachelor,' was arrested Nov. 21 on a battery charge after being accused of punching her fiance in the mouth.

Delgado received a proposal on the show in 2004 from professional bass fisherman Byron Velvick. The two appeared together Tuesday in a special episode of "The Bachelor" called "After the Final Rose."

The police affidavit does not name Delgado's fiance, but says the pair have lived together "as a family" for the last three years. According to sheriff officials, Delgado was released Wednesday afternoon.

She gave her name as Maribel Liliana Delgado. A telephone listing for the pair could not be found.

Seminole is about 10 miles northwest of St. Petersburg.

Former 'Bachelor' Contestant Arrested - AOL News
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

New Knight Rider Gets Hoffed
    By Josh Grossberg

The Hoff is ready to roll.

David Hasselhoff is in talks to reprise his role as Michael Knight in a TV movie sequel to his breakout 1980s hit series, Knight Rider, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

NBC is hoping the TV movie will reboot the franchise and launch a new series. This time out, however, Hasselhoff will cede the KITT-driving to Justin Bruening, who will play Michael Knight's son.

Per the Reporter, the so-called "backdoor pilot" will find Junior holed up in Vegas, where he's in big trouble for unpaid gambling debts and is bitter about his unrequited love for childhood best friend Sarah Kamen.

His luck changes, however, when Sarah (The Young & the Restless actress Deanna Russo), turns up and offers him a way out of his mess.

Little does the younger Knight know that Sarah is the daughter of KITT inventor Charles Kamen, who has gone missing. It's up to Knight to rescue him.

No word yet exactly how big a part the Hoff will have this time around or whether he'll be a regular should a new series get greenlighted.

Producers are also tight-lipped about what kind of vehicle the new KITT will be. The original talking Trans Am was known as Knight Industries Two Thousand. For the new version, the car will be updated to the Knight Industries Three Thousand. Early reports suggested the vehicle would have Transformers-like abilities and indicated producers were still seeking an auto manufacture to partner with.

The Knight Rider telepic is being produced by filmmaker Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity), who may direct the pilot if he can squeeze it into his schedule.

Hasselhoff's last ride with KITT was in the 1991 telepic Knight Rider 2000, and over the years he's made no secret about his desire to rev up a big-screen version. But with the feature film Knight Rider stalled in development, NBC decided to proceed with a new TV incarnaiton.

Meanwhile, Hasselhoff is currently gearing up to star in Tales from the Hoff, a Ryan Seacrest-produced scripted series for E! that will follow his fictionalized escapades, la Curb Your Enthusiasm. He's also got a steady gig as a judge on the Peacock's hit reality contest America's Got Talent.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

This guy has become nauseating.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Oh brother!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread