+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5216Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Saw the two pictures - geez that Dina is something else. Does that woman have any mom genes? "..both girls are interested in the arts" what ART? All I see is a woman/pimp pushing her daughters into a life style that will surely kill both of them but as long as the money keeps coming in she doesn't care.

Sarah Michelle Gellar changes name

Five Years After Wedding, Sarah Michelle Gellar Changes Last Name to Prinze
    Thursday November 15, 2007

Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar at "The Grudge 2" Los Angeles Premiere on October 8, 2006.
    Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic.comActress Sarah Michelle Gellar has changed her famous three-part moniker as a fifth wedding anniversary present to actor Freddie Prinze Jr. The couple was wed September 1, 2002.

A source close to the 30-year-old star tells Us Weekly,"She officially changed her name to Sarah Michelle Prinze" in honor of the occasion.

"On their anniversary, she showed [Freddie] her new driver's license," the source tells Us. "It was so sweet."
    Usmagazine.com | Five Years After Wedding, Sarah Michelle Gellar Changes Last Name to Prinze

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;2676357;
    Saw the two pictures - geez that Dina is something else. Does that woman have any mom genes? "..both girls are interested in the arts" what ART? All I see is a woman/pimp pushing her daughters into a life style that will surely kill both of them but as long as the money keeps coming in she doesn't care.
    Hey now, that nose candy is pricey! She needs to be able to keep up the habit somehow. Show some compassion! Geez....

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;2676357;
    Art? Isn't pole dancing an art? What about the art of posing nude? And then there is Lindsay's 'music career' -- see how she sacrifices all in the name of ART?!?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Dennis Quaid's Newborn Twins Hospitalized
    TUESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2007 06:30 PM EST

The newborn twins of Dennis Quaid and wife Kimberly were hospitalized Tuesday in Los Angeles, reportedly in intensive care.

The actor's rep, Cara Tripicchio, declined to give a reason, but said in a statement: "Dennis and Kimberly appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers and hope they can maintain their privacy at this difficult time."

Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace, who were born on Nov. 8, were accidentally given a major dose of an anti-coagulant, TMZ.com reports.

The babies are in stable condition in the neo-natal intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, TMZ reports.

The twins were born via a gestational carrier – a woman who carries another couple's baby conceived by the parents' own egg and sperm.

A hospital rep declined to comment.
    I hope everything will be alright....my prayers go to them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That nurse needs to be on a serious suspension. One of the things medical people are taught is to read the package several times, and then compare what they are getting out of the package with the package several times....and then, do it some more. From what I read, the babies were supposed to get a dose of 10, but got 10,000.

I am sure she is sick over her mistake.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Not only that, but this terrible mistake was made with 13 other patients as well. I believe the twins are the most serious because they're so small. But 15 people, that's negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2683861;
    That nurse needs to be on a serious suspension. One of the things medical people are taught is to read the package several times, and then compare what they are getting out of the package with the package several times....and then, do it some more. From what I read, the babies were supposed to get a dose of 10, but got 10,000.

I am sure she is sick over her mistake.

While all of the above is true, my heart goes out to the nurse that made the error. In most professions you are allowed a mistake here or there - we are all human - however, this is a field where no mistake is an "oops, sorry - I'll fix it". Very sad, I hope for the sake of not only the families affected, but the health professionals involved that everyone is able to recover.

LG.

I agree that the nurse needs to be very sure of what dose of medicine to give newborns. Yikes. On this topic, I know this is snarky, but I was reading about these twins elsewhere and the whole concept of a gestational surogate is strange to me. Quaid's wife is my age (mid 30s) and according to this article the babies have her eggs and his sperm. Did they really hire a surogate just so she didn't have to be pregnant?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'm not sure LG, but there might have been a problem with her uterus lining or maybe her body rejected healthy embryos?

+ Reply to Thread