+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Well, looks like the nation gets tortured treated to yet another O.J. Simpson trial, afterall.

O.J. Will Go to Trial!

Posted Nov 14th 2007 7:05PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice, O.J.

After four hours of deliberating, Justice of the Peace Joseph Bonaventure has decided that O.J. Simpson, along with two other co-defendants, will stand trial for twelve criminal counts associated with armed robbery. The counts include robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy, kidnapping and burglary.

The other three co-defendants in the case have all testified against O.J. and have accepted plea deals. Simpson has plead not guilty.

Story developing ...
    Last edited by Nemeses; 11-15-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Lindsay Lohan Checks In and Out of Jail

Lindsay Lohan reported to the Lynwood jail on Thursday to serve her minimum 24-hour sentence as part of her plea deal in her two DUI cases and checked out 84 minutes later.

According to the sheriff's department Web site, the actress turned herself in at 10:30 a.m., and was released at 11:54 a.m. The jail has a long-standing policy of releasing non-violent offenders early due to overcrowding.

"Ms. Lohan was cooperative," sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore tells PEOPLE. "She was fingerprinted, photographed, and put in a holding cell, but was let go due to our early release policy."

Whitmore also confirmed that Lohan was strip searched as part of routine jail procedure.

TMZ.com first reported the story.

On Monday, Lohan began her court-ordered community service at an American Red Cross blood services facility in an L.A. suburb.

Although the actress, 21, was sentenced in August to four days in jail for her second DUI conviction, prosecutors agreed she could serve 10 days of community service in lieu of two days behind bars.

Lohan was also given credit for one day served from her July arrest, leaving only 24 hours she had to serve.

The actress who recently finished a lengthy rehab stint at the Cirque Lodge in Utah was also placed on three years probation and must complete an 18-month alcohol program.

Her lawyer did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Oh, gimme a break. 84 minutes in jail? Yeah, that's enough time to really make the person contemplate their life, where it's gone, where it's going and how they ended up in a not so great place like jail.

A friend of mine's brother has been in similar sitation to Miss Lohan and he had to serve 30 days. 30 full days, no time off for early release. He was scared, had panic attacks, didn't sleep, couldn't eat, but let me tell you that in the almost 2 years since he served 30 days, he has really walked the straight and narrow because he does NOT want to go back there.

But 84 min. is not enough time to do anything other than to confirm your status as a hollywood diva that can do what she pleases with little consequence.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2671961;
    Oh, gimme a break. 84 minutes in jail? Yeah, that's enough time to really make the person contemplate their life, where it's gone, where it's going and how they ended up in a not so great place like jail.

A friend of mine's brother has been in similar sitation to Miss Lohan and he had to serve 30 days. 30 full days, no time off for early release. He was scared, had panic attacks, didn't sleep, couldn't eat, but let me tell you that in the almost 2 years since he served 30 days, he has really walked the straight and narrow because he does NOT want to go back there.

But 84 min. is not enough time to do anything other than to confirm your status as a hollywood diva that can do what she pleases with little consequence.
    Well now, that's not entirely true.... she had enough time to take a better mug shot photo

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

And.....she had time to get strip-searched......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Seriously, instead of taking them in only to put them out, why doesn't the jail just defer them?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

As little as she and Nicole served, makes me laugh when I think about how much they "punished" Paris in comparison. They all just need to go.. away.

There's an interesting little article-lette on how Ali looks like Lindsay does now and she's only 13. A far cry from wht Lindsay looked like at 13. Sigh. Dina's at it again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, if this is the best the law out there can do, it's a total waste of taxpayer money.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2673093;
    You know, if this is the best the law out there can do, it's a total waste of taxpayer money.
    Amen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2672658;
    As little as she and Nicole served, makes me laugh when I think about how much they "punished" Paris in comparison. They all just need to go.. away.

There's an interesting little article-lette on how Ali looks like Lindsay does now and she's only 13. A far cry from wht Lindsay looked like at 13. Sigh. Dina's at it again.
    Wow! I saw that side-by-side photo, too! Ali is only the tender young age of 13 and she looks like that?!? Apparently living in their family ages you by 30 years. I'd run for the hills! She looks like 3 x 13 at the very least! "Now thems some hard living broads!"

+ Reply to Thread