+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #2411
    Kanai Nemeses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,835

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Well, looks like the nation gets tortured treated to yet another O.J. Simpson trial, afterall.

    O.J. Will Go to Trial!

    Posted Nov 14th 2007 7:05PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice, O.J.

    After four hours of deliberating, Justice of the Peace Joseph Bonaventure has decided that O.J. Simpson, along with two other co-defendants, will stand trial for twelve criminal counts associated with armed robbery. The counts include robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy, kidnapping and burglary.

    The other three co-defendants in the case have all testified against O.J. and have accepted plea deals. Simpson has plead not guilty.

    Story developing ...
    Last edited by Nemeses; 11-15-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

  2. #2412
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Link Here


    Lindsay Lohan Checks In and Out of Jail


    Lindsay Lohan reported to the Lynwood jail on Thursday to serve her minimum 24-hour sentence as part of her plea deal in her two DUI cases and checked out 84 minutes later.

    According to the sheriff's department Web site, the actress turned herself in at 10:30 a.m., and was released at 11:54 a.m. The jail has a long-standing policy of releasing non-violent offenders early due to overcrowding.

    "Ms. Lohan was cooperative," sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore tells PEOPLE. "She was fingerprinted, photographed, and put in a holding cell, but was let go due to our early release policy."

    Whitmore also confirmed that Lohan was strip searched as part of routine jail procedure.

    TMZ.com first reported the story.

    On Monday, Lohan began her court-ordered community service at an American Red Cross blood services facility in an L.A. suburb.

    Although the actress, 21, was sentenced in August to four days in jail for her second DUI conviction, prosecutors agreed she could serve 10 days of community service in lieu of two days behind bars.

    Lohan was also given credit for one day served from her July arrest, leaving only 24 hours she had to serve.

    The actress who recently finished a lengthy rehab stint at the Cirque Lodge in Utah was also placed on three years probation and must complete an 18-month alcohol program.

    Her lawyer did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  3. #2413
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Oh, gimme a break. 84 minutes in jail? Yeah, that's enough time to really make the person contemplate their life, where it's gone, where it's going and how they ended up in a not so great place like jail.

    A friend of mine's brother has been in similar sitation to Miss Lohan and he had to serve 30 days. 30 full days, no time off for early release. He was scared, had panic attacks, didn't sleep, couldn't eat, but let me tell you that in the almost 2 years since he served 30 days, he has really walked the straight and narrow because he does NOT want to go back there.

    But 84 min. is not enough time to do anything other than to confirm your status as a hollywood diva that can do what she pleases with little consequence.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  4. #2414
    FORT Fogey Margaritaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2671961;
    Oh, gimme a break. 84 minutes in jail? Yeah, that's enough time to really make the person contemplate their life, where it's gone, where it's going and how they ended up in a not so great place like jail.

    A friend of mine's brother has been in similar sitation to Miss Lohan and he had to serve 30 days. 30 full days, no time off for early release. He was scared, had panic attacks, didn't sleep, couldn't eat, but let me tell you that in the almost 2 years since he served 30 days, he has really walked the straight and narrow because he does NOT want to go back there.

    But 84 min. is not enough time to do anything other than to confirm your status as a hollywood diva that can do what she pleases with little consequence.
    Well now, that's not entirely true.... she had enough time to take a better mug shot photo

  5. #2415
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    And.....she had time to get strip-searched......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  6. #2416
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Seriously, instead of taking them in only to put them out, why doesn't the jail just defer them?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  7. #2417
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    As little as she and Nicole served, makes me laugh when I think about how much they "punished" Paris in comparison. They all just need to go.. away.

    There's an interesting little article-lette on how Ali looks like Lindsay does now and she's only 13. A far cry from wht Lindsay looked like at 13. Sigh. Dina's at it again.

  8. #2418
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,496

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    You know, if this is the best the law out there can do, it's a total waste of taxpayer money.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #2419
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2673093;
    You know, if this is the best the law out there can do, it's a total waste of taxpayer money.
    Amen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #2420
    Coffee Milk Addict MissNomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    'A' is for Apple Pie!
    Posts
    212

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2672658;
    As little as she and Nicole served, makes me laugh when I think about how much they "punished" Paris in comparison. They all just need to go.. away.

    There's an interesting little article-lette on how Ali looks like Lindsay does now and she's only 13. A far cry from wht Lindsay looked like at 13. Sigh. Dina's at it again.
    Wow! I saw that side-by-side photo, too! Ali is only the tender young age of 13 and she looks like that?!? Apparently living in their family ages you by 30 years. I'd run for the hills! She looks like 3 x 13 at the very least! "Now thems some hard living broads!"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.