+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5021Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2642310;
    Comments on the Dog the Bounty Hunter story? The Dog Apologizes - TMZ.com

Only one. They don't call him DOG for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MissNomer;2645567;
    Only one. They don't call him DOG for nothing.
    Guess not

This is just so upsetting - that man has so many kids that look up to him (hopefully not any longer) - that was one of his big things was to go to schools and talk to the kids about staying away from drugs. This is how someone who considers himself a role model conducts himself in private?

Glad that his show has been pulled from the air (as entertaining as it was). Hope this serves as a big lesson to many. It certainly shows the ignorance of bigots.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 11-03-2007 at 01:24 PM.

There are several posts regarding Duane 'Bigot Dog' Chapman over in the Duane 'Dog' Chapman thread, if you want to read those, also.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Thanks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Mike Boogies His Way to the Big House - TMZ.com
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This is a bit of old, sad, news but I couldn't find it here. I came to think of it now as I'm watching A View to a Kill

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Bond star Lois Maxwell dies at 80
    Bond star Lois Maxwell dies at 80

Maxwell was a regular in the Bond series for over 20 years
    Actress Lois Maxwell, who starred as Miss Moneypenny in a string of James Bond movies, has died aged 80.
    Maxwell starred alongside Sir Sean Connery in Bond's first movie outing, Dr No, in 1962.

She played the role until 1985's A View To A Kill with Sir Roger Moore, who told the BBC she had been a "great asset" to the early Bond movies.

A spokesperson for Fremantle Hospital, Western Australia, said she died there on Saturday evening.

I think it was a great disappointment to her that she had not been promoted to play M - she would have been a wonderful M

Sir Roger Moore

007 star pays tribute
    Maxwell starred in 14 Bond films as the secretary to M, the secret agent's boss and head of the secret service.

'Always fun'

She appeared in more movies than any of the actors who played the lead role in the spy series, including Sir Sean Connery and Sir Roger Moore.

Only Desmond Llewelyn, who played gadget man Q 17 times before his death in 1999, starred in more films.

"It's rather a shock," Sir Roger, who had known her since they were students at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (Rada) in 1944, told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"She was always fun and she was wonderful to be with."

"She was absolutely perfect casting," he said of her role as Miss Moneypenny.

"It was a great pity that, after I moved out of Bond, they didn't take her on to continue in the Timothy Dalton films.

HAVE YOUR SAY
    She will always be remembered as the best Miss Moneypenny

Sheila Smith, Carmarthen

Send us your comments
    "I think it was a great disappointment to her that she had not been promoted to play M. She would have been a wonderful M."

Sir Roger said she had moved to Australia to be with her son after being diagnosed with cancer.

Born Lois Hooker in Ontario, Canada, in 1927, her acting career started in radio, before she moved to the UK with the Entertainment Corps of the Canadian army at the age of 15.

Golden Globe

In the late 1940s, she moved to Hollywood and picked up a best newcomer Golden Globe for her part in Shirley Temple comedy That Hagen Girl.

Lois Maxwell appeared in 14 Bond films from 1962 to 1985
    After a spell working in Italy, she returned to the UK in the mid-1950s.

As well as her 14 outings as Miss Moneypenny, she also appeared in Stanley Kubrick's Lolita and worked on TV shows including The Saint, The Baron, Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), The Persuaders! and Department S.

Aged 58 when she made her final Bond appearance, she was replaced by 26-year-old Caroline Bliss for The Living Daylights.

As well as her acting career, she also worked as a columnist for the Toronto Sun newspaper.

Her last film role was in the 2001 thriller The Fourth Angel, alongside Jeremy Irons and Jason Priestley.
    Even though she has done other roles she will always be remembered as Miss Moneypenny. Being a huge Bond fan, at least I will think of her that way.

I am a HUGE James Bond fan as well, especially the original films back in the day! I was extremely saddened by her passing - she was so much fun to watch. I will always remember her as Miss Moneypenny.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2645794;

hahahaha, you just made my day!!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Transformers Star LaBeouf Arrested
    Published: 11/4/07, 5:46 PM EDT

CHICAGO (AP) - Shia LaBeouf was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing after the "Transformers" star refused to leave a Chicago drug store, police said Sunday.

A security guard told LaBeouf that he needed to leave the Walgreens store because he appeared to be drunk, police said.

When LaBeouf, 21, refused to leave, the security guard detained him and called police at about 2:30 a.m., according to police spokeswoman Laura Kubiak.

After he was arrested, police noted that LaBeouf was "very courteous and polite," Kubiak said. Police said he posted bond before 7 a.m., but Kubiak did not know the amount.

LaBeouf, of Glendale, Calif., is scheduled to appear in Cook County court on Nov. 28.

Police did not administer a sobriety test because LaBeouf was not driving a vehicle, Kubiak said.

Publicists for LaBeouf did not immediately return calls for comment.

The actor is set to co-star with Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," due in theaters next year.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2645794;

That mugshot had a certain Hannibal Lecter look to it! Boogie is such a big YUCK!

+ Reply to Thread