+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4601Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Singer Robert Goulet Dies at 73
    Oct. 30, 2007, 8:20 PM EST
    The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Robert Goulet, the handsome, big-voiced baritone whose Broadway debut in "Camelot" launched an award-winning stage and recording career, has died. He was 73.

The singer died Tuesday morning in a Los Angeles hospital while awaiting a lung transplant, said Goulet spokesman Norm Johnson.

He had been awaiting a lung transplant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being found last month to have a rare form of pulmonary fibrosis.

Goulet had remained in good spirits even as he waited for the transplant, said Vera Goulet, his wife of 25 years.
    Singer Robert Goulet Dies at 73 - MSN Music News

Aww, I didn't even know Robert had been ill. He was a great performer in his time, a great baritone voice, and in the past year I've been enjoying those gum commercials he stars in where "At 3 pm, Robert Goulet comes in and messes with your stuff". It was a cute commercial.

Sympathy and condolences to the Goulet family and loved ones.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

This needs to be filed under the ewwww report.

Ashley Olsen has a new, older man. The 21-year-old twin showed up to the Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel Monday night with Tory Burch's ex, Lance Armstrong, 36. Our bar spy said, "They came together with a group of friends. Ashley drank red wine, sat on his lap and they were making out all night. They left together around 2 a.m." Armstrong has been spending more time in town since he bought a home here.
    Lance Armstrong And Ashley Olsen Spotted Making Out - Entertainment on The Huffington Post

How does someone like Lance Armstrong go from being seen as an all-American family guy, to a guy devoted to his fiancee Sheryl Crow, to an icky perv who'd date a little girl who does not pass the half + 7 rule for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2640278;
    to an icky perv who'd date a little girl who does not pass the half + 7 rule for him?
    I wasn't aware of that rule but yes, this is icky icky icky.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is the "half + 7 rule"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Half plus 7 is the essential rule of dating. You take your age, divide it in half and add 7. That is the minimum age you can date. Anything older than that is fair game.

I'm still giggling. The way you've phrased that just now sounds like Elle Woods from Legally Blonde.

A sad farewell to singer/actor Robert Goulet who first gained fame on Broadway as Lancelot in Camelot. In his later years he played Arthur. I read that he died in the hospital while awaiting a lung transplant.

What a voice he had! I shall miss him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

My condolences to Robert Goulet's family and friends.

Attachment 22484
    Bob Goulet and his wife Vera at the CKUA anniversary benefit.

Robert Goulet was a true star! He grew up in my home town of Edmonton, graduating from the same high school I attended (decades before me). Robert stayed at CKUA radio for two years, hosting disc music programs and live shows, including a Saturday afternoon cowboy singing show. He left Edmonton for Toronto and the rest is history. He returned recently, to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the radio station he started with, CKUA. He will be greatly missed.

May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Comments on the Dog the Bounty Hunter story? The Dog Apologizes - TMZ.com

+ Reply to Thread