+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4958Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2634493;
    Lmao Bewty!
    Anyway, found this at PostSecret:
    Any thoughts as to who the celebrity is? You have piqued my curiosity!

My my, we certainly have had a full year of celebrities behaving badly, and it's still only October

Pierce Brosnan is one of the latest celebs being investigated by the police for battery:

Pierce Brosnan -- The Name is Battery Suspect
    Posted Oct 30th 2007 1:17PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is investigating Pierce Brosnan for allegedly battering a man in Malibu.

The incident allegedly occurred outside Casa Escobar last Friday in a Malibu mall about 6:15 PM. We're told Brosnan allegedly committed a battery on Robert Rosen, a photographer.

According to a witness, Pierce was there with his kid, when a pap started complimenting him on his Bond roles. Pierce allegedly told the photog, "Why don't you f**k off, mate," and then struck him in the ribs. A witness says the pap instinctively reacted by kicking Pierce -- we're told, in the stomach.

Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore says his department is "actively investigating" the matter and will be referring the case to the L.A. County D.A. for review.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Kicking someone in the stomach is an instinctive reaction?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

As instinctive as following an actor around with a camera while he's shopping with his child.

Sounds like that photog was going for the money shot!

Didn't he throw a bowl of beans at a photog before as well? I think there is a point that the paps need to back off and leave them alone. It has to be stressful knowing that they are almost always being followed and photographed.

Are you thinking of Hugh Grant, dagwood? He threw that thingy of baked beans at a photog sometime early this year.

I agree... these paparazzi could do their job safely from a longer distance. Shoot, most of them have the zoom lenses anyway... give these celebs their space!

I applaud the celebrities who refuse to put up with the constant badgering and invasion of privacy by the paparazzi. It seems to be written into the paparazzi by-laws that it's okay to do anything at all for a photograph inclusing putting people in danger. In my opinion, they are a disgrace to the media.

Yes, celebrities know that public attention goes with the territory. That doesn't mean they are not entitled to any shred of privacy, especially where their children are concerned. I socialized with a couple of top teen idols in the early days of rock 'n' roll. Even they, with all the screaming fans, were given time to live their personal lives.

Any paparazzo who doesn't know when to quit deserves whatever is coming to him. IMO
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Brooke Shields Drives Into Her Own House
    TUESDAY OCTOBER 30, 2007 05:20 PM EDT

Brooke Shields says she accidentally remodeled her house by crashing into it.

"I really did drive into my house," the actress, 42, tells Extra when it caught up with her at a New York event to announce her extended partnership with Tupperware's Chain of Confidence, a campaign that encourages women and young girls to celebrate the bonds of female friendships and the confidence that instills.

"I was wearing these fabulous sort of kick-ass platform patent leather [heels]," Shields said of her incident. "I was meeting the team at [her upcoming, midseason TV show] Lipstick Jungle [and] I was all sexed out."

Letting out a laugh, she added, "I slowed down to what I thought was a proper speed. ... I went to go put my foot on the brake, and I couldn't get my foot off the gas because the wedge was completely wedged under."

Then came the tricky moment: "I slammed on what I thought was the brake, and it actually was the gas!"

A pillar ended up damaged. "I was fine," says Shields. "The pillar, of course, was removed at which point I was like, we didn't really need that, that's just in the way."
    How funny........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2638907;
    Are you thinking of Hugh Grant, dagwood? He threw that thingy of baked beans at a photog sometime early this year.
    That's right, it was Hugh. Thanks for sparking my memory. I had a duh moment.

+ Reply to Thread