+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5276Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Both An Affair To Remember and The King And I are the two that spring to my mind immediately on thinking about Deborah Kerr. A lovely lady and a wonderful actress, I too hope she died peacefully.

Sympathy and Condolences to those she left behind
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

The People web page has another announcement of her death; it does include An Affair to Remember and her other Best Actress nominated films. What a superb actress she was.

She gave an amazing performance in Separate Tables, completely against type, as a shy, repressed woman. This is a fantastic film that is based on the stage play by Terrence Rattigan. Besides Deborah, the cast includes Burt Lancaster, David Niven, Rita Hayworth, Wendy Hiller, Gladys Cooper, Cathryn Nesbitt, and Rod Taylor.

Another goodbye to comedian Joey Bishop, the last of the original Rat Pack. Regis Philbin first came to the public eye as the annoucer/sidekick (Ed McMahon role) on his late-night talk show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Not only has Deborah Kerr and Joey Bishop passed away, so has Carol Bruce, remembered mostly for her role as Mama Carlson in WKRP in Cincinnati, and going to the Music thread - Teresa Brewer "Music Music Music"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I wonder what's up with David Copperfield?

Magician David Copperfield is being investigated by the FBI
    Posted Oct 18th 2007 7:52PM by TMZ Staff

Magician David Copperfield is being investigated by the FBI. Authorities won't comment about the investigation, but did confirm that agents raided Copperfield's personal belongings Wednesday night. We're told agents searched a warehouse in Las Vegas where Copperfield stores items for his show.

The raid reportedly stems from an ongoing case in Seattle. TMZ spoke to an FBI spokesperson who refused to comment, saying only that there was an ongoing investigation.

Eyewitness News in Vegas is reporting that 12 agents "stormed the warehouse," seizing a computer hard drive, a digital camera system and nearly $2 million in cash.

David Chesnoff, Copperfield's lawyer, told TMZ, "We understand there is an investigation, we are in touch with the investigators, and are respecting the confidentiality of the investigation." Chesnoff would not comment on the nature of the probe.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Uh oh..not good for Copperfield....

I've seen him in Vegas before and I really enjoyed his performance........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Here's another article about David Copperfield......

Link Here

FBI Raids Magician David Copperfield's Warehouse

THURSDAY OCTOBER 18, 2007 08:30 PM EDT

By Ken Lee and Mark Gray

Magician David Copperfield has been linked to an FBI investigation, authorities confirmed Thursday.

A Las Vegas warehouse operated by Copperfield was raided by 12 agents Wednesday night, TV station KLAS reports. A computer hard drive, digital camera system, and nearly $2 million in cash were seized, the station reports.

"The only thing we're confirming right now is that there was some investigative activity in the Las Vegas area yesterday connected with a Seattle-area case, both of which are pending," said Robbie Burroughs, spokeswoman for the Seattle division of the FBI.

Copperfield's attorney, David Chesnoff, says in a statement: "We understand there is an investigation, (we) are in touch with the investigators, and are respecting the confidentiality of the investigation."

Copperfield, easily one of the most well-known magicians, performs monthly in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. He just finished a two-week engagement at the hotel last week, and is scheduled to return Nov. 15-28.

His warehouse, located in an industrial section of the city, is rarely seen by anybody other than magic scholars, according to Forbes magazine, which got a rare glimpse last year.

The magazine said the two-story building, which Copperfield calls the International Museum & Library of the Conjuring Arts, contains "an Ali Baba's trove of sports cars, vintage automatons, gargoyle heads, gadgetry and an electric chair," as well as 80,000 books, illusions, posters and memorabilia.

Copperfield is among the richest entertainers in the world. According to Forbes, Copperfield earned $57 million in 2003, ranking him that year as the 10th-highest paid globally.

Copperfield was once engaged to the supermodel Claudia Schiffer, but the couple split in 1999 after six years together.

Another update from today about the David Copperfield news, and what "the case pending in Seattle" is:

Copperfield Accused of Rape
    Posted Oct 19th 2007 12:04PM by TMZ Staff

FOX News Channel is reporting that a Seattle woman is alleging magician David Copperfield raped her.

The woman told Seattle police the magician raped her while she was in the Bahamas. Because the alleged incident happened abroad and the woman did not report it until she returned to the United States, Seattle authorities turned over the case to the FBI.

On Thursday, FBI officials raided a Las Vegas warehouse used by Copperfield. A Seattle FBI Agent Robbie Burroughs said Thursday that the case was related to one in Washington.

"The investigation is related to a Seattle case. The Seattle case is pending and that means we can't say anything about it," Burroughs said.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hunter Tylo's Son Drowns
    by Natalie Finn
    Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:40:35 PM PDT

The 19-year-old son of soap opera star Hunter Tylo died in an accidental drowning Thursday night in the family's swimming pool in Henderson, Nevada, according to the Clark County Coroner's Office.

Michael Tylo Jr., the Bold and the Beautiful actress' oldest child with husband Michael Tylo (and pictured here with his parents when he was 12), was discovered in the backyard by an unidentified family member. He was pronounced dead at 11:55 p.m.

A coroner's spokesman told E! News it appeared as if the teenager, who suffered from a seizure disorder, had a seizure and then fell into the pool. Toxicology tests have been ordered as part of the office's standard procedure, and the results should be available within a few weeks.

The Tylos, who tied the knot in 1987, also have two young daughters, Izabella, 10, and Katya, 9. Hunter Tylo also has a 27-year-old son, Christopher, from her first marriage to Tom Morehart.

Tylo's rep could confirm the tragic turn of events but said the actress and her family, who have battled through tough times before, are not commenting at present.

In 1998, Katya, who was then four months old, was diagnosed with retinoblastoma, a rare form of eye cancer that required the removal of her right eye. Surgery and chemotherapy seemed to do the trick, however, and although the child developed similar tumors in her other eye at one point, they disappeared and she has been cancer free for years.

Tylo sits on the board of Retinoblastoma International and started her own charity, Hunter's Chosen Child, to raise awareness of the disease.

The 45-year-old actress famously sued producer Aaron Spelling for wrongful termination in 1997 when she was unceremoniously fired from Melrose Place after announcing she was pregnant. She eventually won a $4.89 million judgment, but the role of Taylor McBride went to Lisa Rinna.

Tylo started playing Dr. Taylor Hayes on The Bold and the Beautiful in 1992 and joined the show full-time in 1998.

E! Online
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so sad to hear this...I was a huge Michael Tylo fan when he played Nola's husband on Guiding Light many years ago...that family has had some terrible tragedies with their children.

My heart goes out to them.........

Link Here

A Glorious Baby for Borat

Sacha Baron Cohen now has three alter egos and one tiny person to come home to.

The funnyman and fiancée Isla Fisher have welcomed their first child together, according to Australian and British media reports.

While no other details are available, the couple did confirm—or, didn't adamantly deny—in June that they were expecting a baby.

Fisher, 31, told Britain's Daily Mail on Tuesday that she's had no problem trading in the Hollywood scene for maternity leave.

"I feel great and I have never been happier...There is no way I am going to worry about missing out on work or the pressure to lose weight," the mega baby bump-sporting actress said during a shopping outing in Los Angeles. "At the moment I am not even planning any work. As far as I am concerned I am fully booked up in my personal life and I can't see beyond that."

But like a squirrel stashing nuts for the winter, Fisher has stocked away plenty of celluloid to make sure audiences don't forget her famous face.

The Australian redhead, who rose to fame playing crazy in Wedding Crashers but toned it down recently to play the love interest in Hot Rod, is up next in the romantic comedy Definitely, Maybe, with Ryan Reynolds and Rachel Weisz. She also lent her voice to the animated Dr. Seuss tale Horton Hears a Who!

She and Cohen, 36, have been together for about five years; they say that they have not set a wedding date yet.

"Sacha makes me laugh more than anyone," Fisher told a British paper in 2005, and that was before he had the rest of the world laughing and/or litigating after Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan touched down on U.S. soil.

The Cambridge-educated Cohen has followed his Golden Globe-winning efforts with the hoot-heavy travel guide Borat: Touristic Guidings to Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan and its companion piece Touristic Guidings to Minor Nation of U.S. and A.

Fisher admitted to Details magazine this summer that life with Cohen is rarely dull.

"Instead of 'Hey, Honey, did you pick up the dry cleaning?,' it was 'Did you get beaten up? Are you getting sued? Is there a warrant out for your arrest?'" she said, referring to the period last year when Borat mania was at its peak.

+ Reply to Thread