+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5193Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Hasslhoff has been at it again.
    Tennessean.com - Nashville news from The Tennessean, MUSIC CITY U.S.A
    Oct 10, 10:16 PM EDT

Hasselhoff has brief alcohol relapse

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- David Hasselhoff was released from a hospital Wednesday after being treated for alcoholism, his publicist said. "David had a brief relapse and immediately recognized the importance of addressing it with the assistance of his doctors," Judy Katz said in a statement.

The 55-year-old actor had gone to the hospital Tuesday, she said.

A judge in June ordered Hasselhoff not to drink alcohol as part of a custody dispute between the actor and his ex-wife, Pamela Bach, over their two teenage daughters.

A video made by his daughters that aired on syndicated entertainment programs showed Hasselhoff, wearing only blue jeans, lying on a floor and clumsily eating a hamburger while one daughter scolds him about his drinking.

Bach and Hasselhoff, who starred on "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch," were married in 1989 and divorced last year.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I read somewhere that he actually had alcohol poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2608881;
    I read somewhere that he actually had alcohol poisoning.
    Yes, I read one of those stories, too, Blues. I've seen both, actually. Here's one you may be referring to:

Hoff Poisoned
    Posted Oct 10th 2007 1:26PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned David Hasselhoff was admitted to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.

Sources tell us David checked himself into Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. after a binge. It was a stark contrast from what we saw last Thursday, when Hoff had a night out with daughter Hayley at Koi restaurant. Hasselhoff looked great. But things changed dramatically afterward.

No word on how the latest lapse will affect custody. A judge awarded physical custody of the kids to Hoff, but we're told for the last five weeks they've been living pretty much full-time with David's ex, Pamela Bach, while he was in Europe shooting "Anaconda 3." We're told he had "infrequent contact" with his daughters, something Hoff's people dispute. We're told Hoff has tried to keep contact at a minimum with Pam while the parties try to hammer out a property settlement.

As for how Hoff is doing, his rep says he checked out of the hospital and he's fine. David and Pam are due back in mediation tomorrow.
    I have no idea if he had actual alcohol poisoning or if it was drinking without the poisoning part (since those are two different things), or whether any of the celeb news organizations even know the difference. In the past, many celebs (including Lindsey Lohan) have used that term 'alcohol poisoning' pretty freely to try to de-gutter the simple fact that they got falling down drunk because they can't say no to a bottle of booze. I'm not saying that's the case with Hasselhoff, just saying it may or may not be true, and we may never know.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Drew Carey to wed for the first time:

Drew Carey has finally found Ms. Right.
    NEW YORK (AP)

Drew Carey has gotten engaged to a recent culinary school graduate.

Carey, the new host of "The Price Is Right," got engaged to Nicole Jaracz, a recent graduate of culinary school, on Tuesday, said his spokeswoman, Christina Papadopoulos.

"It will be the first marriage for both. No date for a wedding has been set yet," said Papadopoulos, adding that Carey and his bride-to-be are "very happy and excited about their future together."

No further details were provided.

Carey, 49, will debut as host of the CBS game show on Monday. The comedian starred in his own ABC sitcom and also hosted the game shows "Power of 10" and "Whose Line is It Anyway?"

In a recent interview with The Associated Press, Carey called "The Price Is Right" the perfect gig.

"It's like meeting the right girl," he said. "This is a really good fit. I'm really comfortable here and it seems like I should have been doing this a long time ago."
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love Drew so CONGRATULATIONS to him and the future Mrs. Carey!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2601229;
    but she's bonding with her newly sober and religious daddy now, so of course, she's cured.

Well, as you probably know, there is no cure. I wish her the best. I think her father seems strange but, I wish them the best.

I hope she stays far away from Paris.

And the whole party scene. I am really rooting for LL.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

oh, i definitely know there's no cure. i used to work in a residential substance abuse treatment program and one of the biggest challenges to those leaving rehab is the realization that their whole circle of friends/family is going to have to change. you absolutely CANNOT go back into that same group of people and not relapse. some people relapse right away, some take a while, but sooner or later, they WILL relapse.

unfortunately, in hollywood, it's hard to stay away from that stuff. her best bet would be to move completely away from the city.

there's been rumors that she has a new boyfriend ... that she met in rehab, of all places. when you're trying to get sober, you cannot deal with a relationship. those in "the business" typically suggest if you think you're ready for a relationship, then get a plant. if the plant is still alive after a year, then get a pet. if after another year the pet is still alive, then you're ready for a relationship.

and if you're not willing to wait that long for a relationship, then you're definitely not ready.

i know i'm cynical, but i see lindsey relapsing again with 6 months. i hope i'm wrong.

I read that Ms. Lohan is planning on staying out of L.A. and away from that scene and her group and the whole bad atmosphere. She has to go back for a movie shoot soon but otherwise plans to stay in Utah. So she is at least halfway on the right track! I wish the best for her too. It would be nice to see a starlet who actually comes out of this whole media-feeding mess with a good story.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

it can be done, that's for sure. it's rare, but it has happened. drew barrymore is a good example. she comes from one of the most dysfunctional families in hollywood and ended up an addict at 13, going to rehab at 14. after several rough years, she managed to pull it together and make something of herself ... sober.

lindsey DOES have talent ... but her partying ways has overshadowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2610951;
    I read that Ms. Lohan is planning on staying out of L.A. and away from that scene and her group and the whole bad atmosphere.
    "Staying away" from a bad crowd/atmosphere would mean she'd have to stop being around her parents, particularly her mother.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread