+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5280Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

What's ironic about all this mess that has become Britney now is that remember when she married that guy from her hometown in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, and was married to him for like 55 hours or so? She claimed it was just a hasty decision made with good intentions at the time, even though there were all the witnesses who saw her drinking and drugging the whole weekend leading up to the marriage. At the time her fans and I suppose all of us dismissed it pretty much as being what she said it was, just a hastily made decision that turned out to be a wrong decision the next day. Oh, those wacky pop tart stars!

In retrospect, with all that's happened since, and all that's come out about Britney's long-time drug and alcohol addictions dating back to before that Vegas marriage, it puts that marriage in a different light. I suppose it should have been more of a warning flag than it was at the time.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

** There is a parallel discussion of Britney and her kids in the http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/music/54146-britney-spears-just-wont-go-away-63.html thread. It might be less confusing to keep it all in her specific thread. Thanks. **

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i bet none of us ever thought we'd see the day when K-FED would be considered the better option!!! what disgusts me is he doesn't fight for custody of his other kids from shar ... but then again, they don't have a million dollar pricetag on them!!
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 10-02-2007 at 07:12 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2595997;
    i bet none of us ever thought we'd see the day when K-FED would be considered the better option!!! what disgusts me is he doesn't fight for custody of his other kids from shar ... but then again, they don't have a million dollar pricetag on them!!
    But he doesn't need to fight for full custody of his kids with Shar because she apparently is a good mom and not a threat to their kids.....slight difference, IMO...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Link Here

WESTPORT, Conn. (AP) - Actress and comedian Brett Somers, who amused game show fans with her quips on the "Match Game" in the 1970s, has died, her son said. She was 83.

Somers died Saturday at her home in Westport of stomach and colon cancer, Adam Klugman said Monday.

Hosted by Gene Rayburn, "Match Game" was the top game show during much of the 1970s. Contestants would try to match answers to nonsense questions with a panel of celebrities; much of the humor came from the racy quips and putdowns.

Shows from the 1973-79 run, featuring regulars like Somers, Richard Dawson and Charles Nelson Reilly, are still seen on cable TV's GSN (formerly Game Show Network.)

Somers married actor Jack Klugman, the future star of the television shows "Quincy" and "The Odd Couple," in 1953. The two separated in 1974, but never divorced.

They made many television appearances as a couple. Somers appeared on several episodes of "The Odd Couple," playing the ex-wife of Klugman's character.

In the summer of 2003, she appeared in a one-woman cabaret show, "An Evening with Brett Somers," which she wrote and co-produced. She continued to perform after being diagnosed with cancer.

She was born Audrey Johnston in New Brunswick, Canada, and grew up in Portland, Maine. She ran away from home at age 17 and headed for New York City, where she settled in Greenwich Village. She changed her first name to Brett after the lead female character in the Ernest Hemingway novel "The Sun Also Rises." Somers was her mother's maiden name.

Her son said she was caustic, irreverent and a self-declared bohemian.

"She maintained her independence till the end, and her irreverence," Adam Klugman said. "She died very much at peace."

In addition to Adam Klugman, Somers is survived by another son, David. Her daughter, Leslie, died in 2003.

RIP Bret Somers

bama, Brett Somers actually died three weeks ago. That's an old report updating her survivors.

I think it's interesting that she and Jack Klugman never bothered to get divorced after separating more than 30 years ago. I think I've seen reports where they mentioned that they really didn't have any contact, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2596699;
    bama, Brett Somers actually died three weeks ago. That's an old report updating her survivors.

I think it's interesting that she and Jack Klugman never bothered to get divorced after separating more than 30 years ago. I think I've seen reports where they mentioned that they really didn't have any contact, either.
    That's what I get for trying to post a report at 2:30 in the morning! Sorry everyone!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2596773;
    That's what I get for trying to post a report at 2:30 in the morning! Sorry everyone!
    Well if you didn't post it, I wouldn't have known about it so Thank -You.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't know it either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

bbnbama... I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to apologize! I just wanted to let you know that it had happened three weeks ago. I thought we had discussed it in here, but we might not have... and condolences are always worthy of being given.

This little tidbit I find particularly gut-busting HILARIOUS! I happen to Danny Bonaduce and despise Johnny Fairplay, so I'm hoping Danny's version of events prove accurate. I'm laughing regardless.

Bonaduce Bloodies "Survivor" Star

Danny Bonaduce is a felony suspect.

Last night, at the FOX Reality Channel Really Awards, Bonaduce jumped on stage, picked up "Survivor" star Jonny Fairplay and slammed him on his face, causing him to lose a few teeth.

Fairplay was taken to a nearby hospital, where police were called. TMZ cameras were rolling as the bloody reality star was loaded into an ambulance. Some jerk can be heard taunting the injured Fairplay, yelling the phrase "Team Bonaduce" as he got into the ride.

Bonaduce is named as the suspect in a felony battery report.

On The Adam Carolla radio show today, Bonaduce said he's had a thing against Fairplay ever since he pulled the famous "grandmother stunt" on Survivor, lying that she had died in order to get sympathy on the show.

Danny said he thought the show was over and he was leaving, and Fairplay was on the stage, asking the audience why he was booing him. Danny says, as he walked by, he said "They're booing him because they hate him."

Someone then asked Danny to go on stage and tell him that, which he says he did. Danny says he was off the first step of the stage when Fairplay suddenly ran at him, jumped on him and wrapped his legs around him.

Danny says he didn't know if Fairplay was joking. He then says he grabbed the butt of Fairplay's jeans and threw him over his head, not realizing how light he was. Danny says Fairplay face planted into one of the seats behind him.

+ Reply to Thread