+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4848Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2590292;
    Canadian Angel.... but... it went much deeper than simply "Julia hates him because he had a drug problem and he's rehabilitated so shame on Julia for not forgiving him." Plus, they actually ended their fued a few years ago and they talk today.
    It's impossible for people on the outside to know everything, but I recall Eric himself interviewed at one point saying that they were back in contact mostly because Julia has become close to his kids. That reason doesn't really say much about what goes on between the two of them otherwise.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Actually, it was Julia's relationship with his kids that was the fuel for breaking them up, Krom. Julia took his ex-wife's side in their custody battle and Eric was the one that stopped talking to her, not the other way around. She has always been close to his kids and has nurtured his daughter Emma along since she was a tiny tot.

No, it's impossible for people on the outside to know everything.. but it certainly wasn't the simplistic way that you presented it, especially since they have been talking for the last two and a half years. They have both indicated in interviews that the feud ended when she had her twins and he came to visit her in the hospital. Tears shed, all is forgiven.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

TV's Top Earners
    Lea Goldman, 09.27.07, 6:00 AM ET

Whoever dubbed television the "small screen" had a very limited imagination. Television's top-earning personalities--from news anchor Katie Couric to late night funnyman David Letterman--earned a collective $723 million from June 2006 to June 2007, according to our exclusive Forbes TV 20.

Topping the list is Oprah Winfrey, who banked $260 million during that period, more than the take-home pay of macher chief executives like Michael Dell and Larry Ellison over the last fiscal year. (Both join Winfrey on the Forbes 400 list of the Richest Americans, though.)

While a handful of prime-time stars score mega bucks, the Forbes TV 20 is dominated by daytime personalities, a reflection of just how profitable (and cost-effective) their programs are to network coffers. At 78, Barbara Walters is at the peak of her earnings potential thanks to The View, which she co-owns, co-produces and co-hosts. She makes the list at No. 18, earning $12 million. Though late-night talkers David Letterman (No. 4 at $40 million) and Jay Leno (No. 6 at $32 million) reap substantially more than their daytime counterparts, the arena for morning and afternoon hosts embraces far more competition. Among the daytime chatters making the list are Walters, Rachael Ray, Tyra Banks, Ellen DeGeneres. Regis Philbin, Dr. Phil and, of course, Oprah.

Nabbing the No. 2 spot on the TV 20 was Jerry Seinfeld, with a $60 million payday between June 2006 and June 2007. His iconic "show about nothing" has been off-air for some nine years. Yet Seinfeld continues to reap riches from residuals--god bless reruns!--in addition to lucrative stand-up gigs and endorsement deals.

Aside from Oprah, the only other billionaire on the list is Donald Trump, who banked $32 million from his television and licensing deals. (All told, The Donald clocks in on the Forbes 400 with a net worth of $3 billion.) The Apprentice was given a stay of execution by General Electric-owned NBC, which plans to revive the Trump family-hosted reality show this year with a celebrity-only season.

Other reality show titans on the list include Simon Cowell (No. 3 at $45 million) and Ryan Seacrest (No. 16 at $14 million), both from News Corp.'s star-spawning Fox juggernaut American Idol. Tyra Banks, producer and host of America's Next Top Model, also makes the list at No. 12 with $18 million.

Though TV's top earners once hailed from sitcoms--Friends co-stars Jennifer Aniston and company pocketed $1 million an episode by the end of that show's run--today the industry's biggest earners come from reality television and even news divisions. Katie Couric is believed to have turned down a $20 million annual paycheck from NBC honchos anxious to have her remain in the co-anchor spot on the network's incredibly profitable Today show morning chat-fest. She jumped ship anyway, and today pulls in a healthy $15 million annually anchoring CBS' evening news. She is the highest paid network anchor, though morning show rivals Diane Saywer, Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira also make the list.

The only prime-time series member on the Forbes TV 20 is 24's Kiefer Sutherland. He revived his sagging career in films with his starring role in Fox's hit drama, in which he plays Agent Jack Bauer. Last year Sutherland renewed his contract for three more seasons, crowning him television's highest paid dramatic actor. It's unclear what affect, if any, his recent arrest in Los Angeles, for suspicion of DUI, will have on taping for the remainder of the season. If convicted he could face a mandatory minimum of four days in jail.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: Celebs With Big Fame but Little Talent

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2582901;
    The full list of all big celebs with no talent is found at Celebs with big fame but little talent - MOVIE OPINIONS - MSNBC.com

I first saw the list at IMDb and wondered where Paris Hilton was, I got my answer in the article. But still, she has way too much fame. What does everybody think of the list?
    Went to the list..........I was so glad to see John Travolta's name. When Oprah had him on the show for "Hairspray" she was beside herself with adulation for John. I thought yuk. Who'd believe he was a mother...why John Travolta?? There are so many hefty women actress out there, why couldn't they have used a REAL woman????

Here's part of what the article said about him: “Travolta was just awful in ‘Hairspray,’” says M., “which means he’ll probably get an Oscar nomination for the role. He looked frightening, his accent was bizarre, and he couldn’t pull an ounce of emotion from the part. I did like his little dance, but that didn’t make up for the rest of the time I was forced to watch his Mrs. Potato Head face.”...
    Last edited by Vonna; 09-29-2007 at 10:34 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since that role originated with a man, my guess is that is where it will always be.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2592067;
    Since that role originated with a man, my guess is that is where it will always be.
    It's funny that some people tend to forget Devine was a dude.

In those days it wasn't bad rubbery prosthetics trying to make you forget though. Devine was just so... other... you couldn't really think of EITHER "him" or "her" all that comfortably.

As with all uses of Devine, in Hairspray the intent was to make the audience fell, well... uncomfortable. Whereas with Travolta that sensation was kind of traded in for bland less biting nausea (at Travolta's acting, not the concept of cross dressing).
    Last edited by Krom; 09-30-2007 at 03:00 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Pam Anderson continues her string of sleazeball husbands.

Pam Anderson and Rick Saloman to Wed

Former "Baywatch" beauty Pamela Anderson and beau Rick Salomon applied for a marriage license yesterday, according to KVBC in Las Vegas. Here we go down the aisle again!

Sources tell TMZ that the couple could wed as early as today at the infamous "Little White Wedding Chapel." Earlier this month, Anderson, 40, told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres that she was engaged. Salomon, 38, is best known for producing and co-starring in Paris Hilton's sex tape "One Night In Paris," and was previously married to "90210" actress and "Charmed" vixen Shannen Doherty. Miss Anderson is a mother of two and was most recently married to Kid Rock ... for three months.

TMZ has obtained the marriage license, and according to the document, it will be the third marriage for both. Click here to view.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Ehmmm, Pam, he taped himself having sex with some chick and boasted about it(as if that wasn't sleazy enough) and had the audacity to sell it. Is that someone you want around your kids? In an interview after the the fight with Tommy, Kid actually said:
    The Kevin & Bean Show on Los Angeles’ KROQ-FM. “I knew it was a bad career move to get involved with her because your life becomes a circus — because that’s what she wants is media attention.”
    Rolling Stone : Kid Rock Slams Pamela Anderson While Explaining Tommy Lee VMAs Fight
    So this could well be a desperate bid for attention and sex-tape money(hey, it's inevitable, right?).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2592920;
    and get a load of this photo. This pic is horrible. That smeared black eyeliner or last nights mascara shows that she's very capable of passing as an Alice Cooper lookalike just in time for Halloween. All she needs is a black wig.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2592920;
    Just curious as to why no one talks about her parenting skills - she hangs out with very sketchy people, parties like a rock star, drinks, does drugs, and goes thru lots of men, marrying a few. And while she is out doing all of this $hit in Vegas, her kids are living with her brother and her mom. How is this so much different from Britney? The only difference that I can see is that Pam's kids are older (10 and 8?) - regardless, her kids deserve a mom that is there also, not one who is more interested in partying and getting laid.

+ Reply to Thread